Eldar Revenant,Vampire Hunter, Scorpion Type II: scratchbuilt - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar Revenant,Vampire Hunter, Scorpion Type II: scratchbuilt

Here I am again, with more updates:
    I have: 1. added details under the wings; 2.finished the air sockets on the wings; 3. preped the body of the aircraft to be filled; 4. found a decent and sturdy base for the model (it will waight more then 1KG, when finished).

What I still need to do is:
    1.fill the body of the aircraft;
    2.add detail under the main body;
    3.add all those little gems and details over and under the wings.

and here are pics of the spacecraft ATM:

cheers

OMG

you are amazing at this you should start taking commitions of making cheeper forgeworld vehicles!

Okay, you\'re making it look too easy. You better start working on a Tau Manta, with full interior detail.

Keep up the good work.

People like you make me... SO... VERY... AAAANNNGGGRRRYYY!!!! :flame:

lol Bloody nice work

Dan calm down and take your meds. We are all jealous.

Thanx guys for the positive feedback.

@ Roger Bunting: now that you mention it, last night, while going home, the idea of building a TAU Manta slipped my mind; though, while I dropped the idea, for obvious reasons lol , when I finish with my eldars, I will make a TAU Orca Drop Ship, with full interior detail...
    actually, that was my first project, that I put aside to build the Revenant Titan.
    I\'ll keep you posted on this project, but don\'t hold your breath, \'cause it won\'t be soon.

cheers

Blog Entries

Too many peeps on here take inspiration from MacGuiver and the A-Team lol... Incredible work though, kudos :beer:

More updates... this time about the Vampire hunter and a new project...

I pinned the wings on the Vampire hunter... nothing too fancy, and the wings are still a bit crooked (they are only pinned, since I still have to add lots of detail, which will be a bit hard to do, with the wings on), but it gives a rough idea on how the model will be like, at the end.
    The \"flying\" base is nothing but a plastic house-perfume bottle my wife was hanging around the house. I am still unsure weather it will be definite, or not, but, for now, enjoy these pics:

But here is the real news... a new project.
    You might have noticed that the title has changed... yes, \'cause I started building a Scorpion Type II Super Heavy Tank, starting from 2 Eldar Falcons (actually it is on Falcon plus the left over pieces from the Falcon I used to make the Vampire Hunter).

here is the body of the Falcon:

which was cut into several pieces:

then, using 2 Falcon frames, I made the main frame of the Scorpion:

Lets see the fit:

and with plasticard:

for now, this is it...

cheers

Blog Entries

Man , do you EVER sleep? lol
    You have some incredible vision and perseverence, i\'ll give you that!

Sleep?!?!

Do have another job? Where on earth do you find the time!!

Spectacular as always!:beer:

@parvusmachina: I am a lawyer, and I have very little time to spare... lets just say, I work fast, but, most of all, I plan what to do beforehand, so, when I have to work on the model, I just do what is planned, without waisting any time.

Last night I worked a little more on the Scorpion... even though it was to resist this:

with this:

Anyhow, I studied a little bit more how to create the main structure of the vehicle, around the air vents: this part is much more difficult than anything I have done before, even more than the vampire, even more than the Titan.
    The shape is very odd, with recesses and bumps, with some flat surfaces, and lots of details.

Something like this (in terms of difficulty) is very similar to the hip reactors on the Titan, yet, this time, it is much bigger, and involves the most of the vehicle\'s body, and, mainly, a central focal point, that I won\'t be able to hide, in case it were done wrong.

So it has to be done right, right from the beginning...

Anyhow, I tried making it out of plasticard, but i just didn\'t look good; I thought to make it all out of putty (milliput), but that would have meant using too much putty, and having a model too heavy (in terms of weight).

So, I decided to go halfway: make the flat part out of plasticard, and use putty to make the part around the air vents. I even thought about using the original vent frames, but probably wont, since it will be hardly to make the 2 I don\'t have equal to the \"original\" ones.

Anyhow, no pics, yet, but tonight my wife will be at a yoga class, so more work will be done.

cheers

Advance Wars on the DS - you want to be very careful with that as it has the habit of sucking you in for hours and hours (I\'m at 123 hours total playing time and still go back for more).....

Back on topic though - love the Titan and the Hunter is really shaping up nicely.

thats the first scratch built eldar titan iv seen and its bloody marvalos. who needs to brush your teeth whenu have a titan, im sure people will forgive the bad breth when u show them what youv made lol and other projects are all impressive too. good stuff all round!!

Badly for me (pun intended), Zelda and the Phantom Hourglass arrived yesterday... I don\'t see too well, my future spare time... lol

But, back on topic.
    As promised, here are more pics of the Scorpion.
    I couldn\'t work as much as I wanted, since yesterday I left my office at 8,30 PM, and by the time I got home, it was time to eat.
    But I prepped the model, so I can start the putty work around the air vents.
    I also made a mock up of the model, with the turret: bear in mind, that it is only tacked, and I will not only add details, but I will make it much bigger.
    And thanx to a friend, over at Warseer, I have the measurement, so now I have enough info to proceed with the project.

but, enough talking, and more pics:

hopefully, I will add putty this weekend.

cheers

Blog Entries

Holy smokes, you\'re gonna fill up your points really quickly aren\'t ya :D

This is more work done on the Scorpion: I finished the air vents frames, and structure. I still need to sand it, but the main work is done.

here are pics:

and here is a pic of a fast conversion I made with my jetbike (after seeing the new model, due to come out soon):
    thisone:

and here is what I came up with:

cheers

This is more work done on the Scorpion: I finished the air vents frames, and structure. I still need to sand it, but the main work is done.

here are pics:

and here is a pic of a fast conversion I made with my jetbike (after seeing the new model, due to come out soon):
    thisone:

and here is what I came up with:

cheers

looking good! Something tells me that Jester will be asking you for a quick how to on the bike.
    Speaking of which, have you considered adding something in place of a \"gas tank\" (the bit under the riders stomach/chest)? I\'m thinking that a space marine shoulder pad may be the right shape and size to fill out the that area. Keep it up!
    Brian

Thanx a lot, guys, for thekind words.

Here is a mock of the model so far: last night I did the \"wings\" (or what ever you call them), and added the rear reactors and the side fins.
    The work is still long, but I\'m getting there.

cheers

I love the insanity that is your creative inspiration!!

@Mud Duck~ I think I can handle the Jetbike...see my WIP.

I can\'t do the Titan, Vampire Hunter, or Scorpion, but I can handle a wittle bitty bike or two.

:D :D :D

Keep \'em coming ikim!
    Been enjoying the heck outta these!!
    Been following it since I saw the toothbrush beginnings of a titan, and it just gets more and more fun to watch.