Eldar Revenant,Vampire Hunter, Scorpion Type II: scratchbuilt - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar Revenant,Vampire Hunter, Scorpion Type II: scratchbuilt

more work done: I almost finished the bottom part of the \"wings\", and tomorrow I will start the turret.
    but here are pics:

and this is near a normal Falcon:

As usual, C&C are very welcome.

cheers

WOW, ive just looked through this, and i am amazed!
    incredible, well done!

what does exeeded bandwidth mean?

Originally posted by nick232
    what does exeeded bandwidth mean?

never mind.
    problem solved.

cheers

This last weekend, I worked a bit more on the Vampire hunter and the Titan, adding wings, gems and a base to the first, and adding gems and more details, to the second.

here are pics of the 3 superheavies, near a Space Marine.

After looking at these last pics, I decided to work a bit more on the Titan\'s shoulder jet packs... stay tuned \'cause is not finishing any soon.

cheers

these are great.

i could never get my head over the fact that the titan was made from tooth brushes, and could never get a sense of scale..... but now, WOW

Finally, I found time to fix the shoulder reactors. I still need to add jems, but here are the latest pics:

As usual, C&C are very welcome.

cheers

wow i love you work! i agree that titan update is a great improvement! love it:D

Are those highlighter ends and technics clips on those things? :D

Looks a heap better now too.

Originally posted by Bengoodall
    Are those highlighter ends and technics clips on those things? :D
    Indeed: the blue and the yellow parts are parts of the highlighter main body; the black part is the top of the highlighter.

I then filled the inside, and added details.

The reactor tubes are fischers, cut to the appropriate lengths.

cheers

40k in 40 minutes....

Forge world in a flash anyone? :D

(flash, highlighters, nevermind)

Proceeding with the Eldar Army project, I have converted and built the 2 Vypers and the other 9 jetbikes.
    I decided to change the jetbike conversion, to make it more \"bulky\" and less \"frail\": if you look at my test model above, you\'ll see what I am talking about.

The Vyper are not something I made out, but a copy of Hortwerth\'s (from Warseer) design (I made some slight changes, but the main conversion is totally his idea):

the bikes (I\'ll show one, as they are all lookalike) are these:

cheers

the gamesworkshop jet bike is more like you would ride a motor bike and under the riders tummy you might put some greenstuff under so he has something to leane on.
    ~nick

I have to say I\'ve been into Warhammer 40K since it first came out (Back in the Rogue Trader days) and in those (15??) years, I have never seen a more beautiful, ambitious project.
    Keep it up!

thanx, guys, for the comments so far:

@Evil Dave: thanx man.

@Nick232: the new, and improved, bikes actually have something under the chest.

But, back to the SuperHeavies, I have new pics of the Scorpion Type II.

I have added the back fin (which still needs to be finished, but it gives a general idea of the model (and how big it is).

Yesterday I made the mould for the pulsar cannons (using, of course, the pulsar I made for the Titan).
    As soon as I have the pulsar casted, I will post pics of the turret WIP.

cheers

Edit: oops, wrong pics

Loving the project Ikim. However, and this may just be angle, it looks like the forward bows of the scorpion aren\'t parallel or even (if they aren\'t supposed to be parallel). They seem to be erring to its right.

Two nights ago, I tried out a scheme I had in mind, on a test model.

The general scheme of the army will be black-brown with light blue details/gems.

If you have thoughts, ideas, or else, post them.

but here are the pics:

Last night, though, I tried a different scheme.
    I\'ll post pics later today.

cheers

here is another test model I made last night: this is the first time I do freehand (apart swirls and patterns), so be gentle... I still need to sharpen few things, but the look is there, IMO.
    now, it\'s up to you: as usual C&C are very welcome:

cheers

Looking good on the swirls. I think that the amount that you have on the back wing is better. The front looks a little to busy? to much? (to my eye). And I\'m of to minds on the grey of the main color that you have going on there. I\'m thinking that straight black is the way to go.
    All of this is just M2C, so take it or leave it.
    I\'m really liking what I been seeing so far, so keep it up!

You can never go wrong with skulls and swirly flame-like stuff. Why not do both? Perhaps the swirls on the nose and front tips of the wings and the skulls where ever looks good? I know these were test models but you should, IMO, try to define the swirls as either \"decorative swirls\" or \"flames\", swirls would need to have more black showing through and between them, the swirls themselves should look less \"whispy\", more solid and defined...the flames would need a bit more definition in places and more termination points, forked tongues, etc (again, just my opinion). It doesn\'t look like you\'d want to do stylized flames, so I wont comment about those, plus I hate those...

I like the off-black colour too, more so than strait black, just throwing my vote out there.

P.S. Lovin\' this thread, great stuff, very interesting.