Multiple Miniature Collection Sale
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple Miniature Collection Sale

Default Multiple Miniature Collection Sale

After 12 months of constant doctors and testing, they have finally decided to give my two-year-old son hearing aids. With a consistent vocabulary of only three words, hearings aids are essential so that he can finally acquire language. The downside is that after a year of expensive tests and doctors, he\'ll need one in each ear and his insurance will not cover a cent.

To help defray the *massive* expense of the hearing aids, both Ann and I will be clearing out the majority of our miniature collections. We are starting with the painted miniatures and the still-sealed miniatures. Over the next few weeks, we\'ll be adding lots of loose, packaged, unidentified, old and in general, lots of miniatures. I will add items onto ebay as fast as we sort them. Items can be viewed here.

Maya~

Sorry to hear about your problems... I would love to bid on some of these because you have some very cool minis and also, it\'s a very good cause. Please please please post to the United Kingdom. please. :(

Great Cause, Long Auction time scale, worth every penny.
    10 Days to Payday.
    Hope that there\'ll be some stuff left.

@squidders Yep, I ship to the UK. No problem there, you can check out approx rates at usps.com or pm/email me through ebay with what you are interested in and I\'ll give you an exact shipping amount.

@Dragonsreach Most of the painted stuff is up. I haven\'t listed a quarter of the non-painted stuff yet though. Sooo many things to go through and add up as I can get to them.

Maya~

great news about shipping to the UK ;)

I added all the blistered Reaper we have to the store. Also added new auctions for a Hasslefree resin Libby & Tigress, Frothers \"What Women Want\" sculpting comp sets, Darksword LTDs, GODS LTDs, a Warmachine LTD Vladmir variant and a few other odds and ends
    here.

Maya~

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

First round over. I did ok. Didn\'t get all I wanted, but did manage to make someone else pay a bit more dearly.

Wow, I found some really cool stuff :)

I got the freebooter christmas robot... nice!

We appreciate all who have purchased items from us. You have helped inmeasurably. We have come a long way and have a long way to go, but, thanks to you, we are getting there.

The following auctions are live

Painted Reaper LTD Druid Stone based on the artwork of Keith Parkinson
    Painted Elise Witch
    Painted Assassin Rose Witch Miniature
    Painted Reaper Skeletal Warrior
    Zinnfiguren Flat Miniatures Vive l\'Empereur 1780-1820 set
    Several Ral Partha AD&D blisters
    Thunderbolt Mountain 54mm Amazon Queen Diorama
    Several MTG decks
    Spyglass 54mm Shae, & Anastasia
    Several Warhammer boxed sets
    Chick Challenge V LTD La Vacquera
    Chick Challenge V LTD Female Miniature
    Chick Challenge IV LTD Biker
    Rackham blisters
    Ilyad Games Robur Gravis
    LTD Hasslefree X-Mas Minis
    Clan War Dragon Boxed sets

Added to the store are Spyglass, Hasslefree and Magnificent Egos. I also found a hidden box of reaper blisters and a few croc games blisters and those are partly into the store, the rest will be added tomorrow.

Maya~

There\'s some pretty cool stuff there. I\'m keeping an eye on a few and I\'ll probably pick them up on Friday when I get paid.

If I had the money, I\'d definitely get the Hasslefree Victoria and David.

Sally & Kev White of Hasslefree Miniatures have VERY graciously donated the miniature, \'Victoria & David\' to help defray the just under 5,000 USD that must be paid up front for Alexander\'s hearing aids. This is a very collectible miniature, that was released in very limited amounts in 2004 by Hasslefree miniatures. There are only 200 production castings and 12 master castings in existence and as the mold no longer exists, more will never be produced.

Our family is very appreciative of Hasslefree\'s family for their unselfish gift for our cause.

Sally has also provided a photograph as well as a few words of her own about this wonderful Hasslefree collectors piece.

The auction can be found here.

Maya~

New Auctions:

Creafigs - Fenryll Tsunami Relief Limited Edition Boxed Set
    Ral Partha Bushido Tatsu Dragon
    Clan War Yoriomo
    Ral Partha Larry Elmore Reflections of Myth Red Cloak
    Ral Partha Larry Elmore Reflections of Myth Bones of the Past
    Genadier Dragon lords White Dragons
    Clan War Uninvited Guests
    Clan War Ronn Heroes #1
    Clan War Straw Targers
    Clan War Firestorms
    Ral Partha The Antagonists Boxed Set
    Ral Partha The Conflict Boxed set
    Leading Edge Aliens 4 Alien Warriors
    Leading Edge Aliens, Alien Queen
    Leading Edge Aliens, Egg Pack
    Leading Edge Aliens, Colonists Last Stand
    Leading Edge Aliens Colonial Marines Boxed Set #2
    Leading Edge Aliens Machine Gunners
    Leading Edge Aliens, Sentry Guns
    Leading Edge Aliens, Dropship Crew
    Leading Edge Aliens, Apone Pack
    Leading Edge Aliens, Colonist Pack
    Leading Edge Aliens, \"Game Over\" Pack
    Leading Edge Aliens, Ripley Pack
    Grenadier \"Alien\" Scenery.

New in Store:
    ReaperCon Sci-Fi Sophie Last ones that will be going up
    Fine Art Greeting Cards

We do ship internationally!! The bug that kept reseting the \"ship to Worldwide\" to \"us only\" was fixed today. However, not all auctions were able to be changed so even if it says \"US only\" we DO ship anywhere!

Maya~

New Auctions:

Painted Reaper Skeletal Warrior

Hasslefree Limited Edition Mjolnir
    Ral Partha Limited Edition Dennis Mize\'s slave auction
    Hasslefree Limited Edtion Santa\'s Little Helper
    Armorcast Large Stone Bridge
    GW Undead Graveyard Scenic
    Grenadier Dragon Lords Iron Dragons
    Grenadier Dragon Lords Platinum Dragons
    Warhammer 40k Gothic Building A Terrian
    Warrhammer 40k Gothic Building B Terrain
    Warhammer Ariel Mage Queen of Loren
    Warhammer Chaos Champion Arbaal
    Warhammer Fantasy Dwarves Boxed Set
    Warhammer Fantasy Giants of Albion Boxed Set
    Warhammer Fantasy Leopold\'s Lepard Company Boxed Set
    Warhammer Fantasy Orion the Wood Elf King
    Warhammer Fantasy Skaven Vermin Lord Boxed Set
    Warhammer Melkhior on Winged Nightmare
    Warhammer Dark Elf Cauldron of Blood
    Dungeons & Dragons Ogre
    Assassin Miniatures Naginata
    Rackham Confrontation Pythia of Azel
    Rackham Confrontation Fire Elemental

Auctions link

Maya~

Bumping.

(Pimping this as it\'s a very worthwhile cause.

Already got some nice stuff from the auction with a couple more minis in the post.

Thank you it\'s very appreciated. I\'ll have some more new auctions and store items up soon.

Maya~

New Auctions:

Hudson & Allen Painted Medieval Watchtower OOP
    Hudson & Allen Painted Damaged Castle Wall Section 2 OOP
    Hudson & Allen Painted Damaged Castle Wall Section 1 OOP
    Grendel Subterranean Cavern Set
    Grendel Pit & Traps Boxed Set
    Grendel Pit & Traps Boxed Set
    Crocodile Games Overlord Titan (was only available at cons, not generally released)
    AMT Ertl Star Trek Doctor Leonard McCoy
    AMT Ertl Star Wars Han Solo
    Grendel The Dungeon Boxed Set
    Grendel The Widows Lair Boxed Set
    Hudson & Allen Painted Late Medieval Village Building
    Hudson & Allen Painted Medieval Farmhouse
    Hudson & Allen Painted Medieval Village Building
    Hudson & Allen Painted Medieval Village Long House
    Hudson & Allen Painted Village Small
    Hudson & Allen Painted Highlands Building
    Hudson & Allen Painted Highlands Hut
    Hudson & Allen Painted Small Building
    Ral Partha AD&D Crypt Thing
    Ral Partha AD&D Ravenloft Zombie Lord & Lackies
    Ral Partha Animals of Africa Boxed Set
    Ral Partha Animals of North America Boxed Set
    Ral Partha Treasure Troves
    Slythe Marauding Wyrm Boxed Set
    Warzone The Brotherhood Cathedral Campaign Pack

New in Store:
    Added some new Reaper

Auctions can be viewed here

Nice stuff there! So many things I want but shouldn\'t buy.

I personally would LOVE to help you out, but I\'m going to be selling some of my stuff off -though not nearly as cool- to support my own hearing-impaired child.

$5000 US for hearing aids? Look into the state agencies you have. Some states provide funding for such things and might be able to help out.

My own daughter, who\'s 99% deaf, had a hearing aid in one ear to help her hear sirens, etc. and they ran $600-$700 each.
    That was discounted though.

My daughter wants me to formally adopt her, which is why I\'ll be trying to sell my own stuff. Although I may wait \'til all of your auctions are done so as not to compete.

Hope all goes well and dearly wish I could contribute as this issue is close to my heart.

Best to you and yours. If you need to talk about it at all, feel free to email me at:
    zora01@comcast.net

[edit] Look into Social Security, also. Some states also provide financial assistance -if you\'re not over the income cap- monthly if your child is legally hearing-impaired.

Heyas Zora

We\'ve looked into everything. His insurance doesn\'t cover a penny of hearing aids. He doesn\'t qualify for state help and he doesn\'t qualify for the social security. We\'ve heard it all from \"it\'s just a little hearing loss\", to , \"yes, he has profound hearing loss but its unethical for us to give him hearing aids\". After a year of expensive testing and multiple doctors we finally got a solid pinned down hearing loss measured to where he can have aids with a doctor willing to give him aids. Unfortunately this also spans all the tones and ranges of hearing which requires digital hearing aids to cover the full range of sound in both ears. Personally, if it had been one of us adults we would have settled for something much cheaper but Alex can not tell us what he hears and what he can\'t. For that reason we have to abide by the doctors recommendations. Most of the places that provide hearings aids will not accept any form of payment plan. It\'s all upfront cost. The one that would do a payment plan, still wanted close to the full 5k after another years worth of testing with their own doctors. At nearly three years old he has a three word vocabulary and at this age every month counts for his language development. This left us with the choice of trying to get him help now or waiting a year and hoping we had enough tax refund to pay for them while in the meantime he has no language skills. The medical bills alone have drained our finances to the point that we have to pick and choose the bills we pay each month. While this will change someday down the road, right now we can\'t afford his hearing aid and he shouldn\'t have to suffer because of it. Choosing between keeping our miniature collections which we knew could sell or having him hear is no contest.
    I understand about the adoption. I started the process of adopting my son before we got a definitive diagnosis. As it is our lawyer has a payment plan but our hearing aid providers do not. Have you asked your lawyer about a payment plan for your adoption if you are considering selling off your collection for it?

Maya~