Heros...a brush with greatness?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heros...a brush with greatness?

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Default Heros...a brush with greatness?

I just spoke to this person on the phone.

Kristen Bell

She is the woman on Heros who goes to Ireland and shoots lightning out her fingher.

I can\'t give you any more details than that without getting fired but I thought is was cool.

I know this has been asked recently, but I have to have some other reason to post this than blatant bragging so who have you run into lately?

Kristen Bell!!!

Veronica Mars!!

Kinky lightning-bolt girl!

If you see her again, tell her she\'s the best new character :D

Yeah, she makes a million episodes or so of Veronica Mars, then is in a few episodes of a suddenly crappy TV show and she\'s already become \'the lightning girl\'.

Cool enough though. She is just about the only decent thing in the new series. How can a reasonable show go so wrong so quickly? Bah!

If you could get me her number though it\'d be much appreciated. I rather enjoy twisted women who get a buzz from inflicting pain on men... oh hang on, that\'s all women isn\'t it? ;)

Anyhow...

I recently ran into a woman, but it\'s OK. I was drunk at the time, I don\'t think anyone saw me, she was pretty old and I reversed to make sure she didn\'t suffer for very long.

Originally posted by lono
    Anyhow...

I recently ran into a woman, but it\'s OK. I was drunk at the time, I don\'t think anyone saw me, she was pretty old and I reversed to make sure she didn\'t suffer for very long.
    Sort of like how you sometimes miss your ex-girlfriend from time to time, but then just back up?

And liz, those of us who have read you long enough probably can figure out how and why she was talking to you. Hope you got everything straightened out.

My brush with fame was at the Burbank airport last year. I sat down a chair away from a couple of ladies. Didn\'t think anything about it until people started coming up to get one of their autographs. Still have no clue who she was. Since it was Burbank and her entourage was one, I figure she wasn\'t very famous. Still bugs me I didn\'t ask, but figured at that point it would have been rude.

Being a martial artist, ive been able to meet, Chuck Norris (Shakes hands like a teenage girl:( ) Cung le, Don \"the dragon\" Wilson, Cynthia rothrock, Bill \"superfoot\" wallace...and ive seen but not talked to steven segal

Blog Entries

I\'m sure Chuck was just afraid to kill you, that\'s all.

Anyway I haven\'t met too many celebs, a couple of football/hockey players from Edmonton, a couple of rock stars during autograph sessions, but Brooke Burke was probably one of the people I was most excited to see in person. She was pretty much the dream girl during high school. Something of a let-down, but then I think all celebs are a bit disappointing in person. You\'re expecting the persona, not the actual person.

Anyway, I officially have no idea why Liz would be talking to the creepy/cute Kristen Bell, I don\'t actually know much personal info about Liz despite the sheer number of threads of hers that I\'ve posted in.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Jericho
    Anyway, I officially have no idea why Liz would be talking to the creepy/cute Kristen Bell, I don\'t actually know much personal info about Liz despite the sheer number of threads of hers that I\'ve posted in.
    :cool: And that\'s as it should be! Actually I work in the hospitality industry. :D That tells you Sooooooooooo much more, doesn\'t it! lol

Blog Entries

That\'s a lot more than I knew a minute ago :D

Aye, she\'s a very \"hospitable\" lady is our Liz :cool:

Blog Entries

Actor/actress heroic? Meh. Not many left in Hollywierd who meet that description in my opinion.

Well, to be fair, the one that Liz mentioned appears in Heroes, so I\'m assuming that was a play on words.

One of the famous names I left off my list last this came up is Terry Pratchett. Mainly because it was at a book signing so not a particularly amazing surprise but he is a realy nice and genuine person. Took the time to have a quick word with everyone and not just generic stuff either - I mentioned Poland to him and he went on to tell me how he referenced the Polish salt mines in Fifth Elephant as well as the naming of Sto Lat etc. Well worth the two-hour wait.

Oh, and us UK terrestrial viewers are stuck in the first series of Heroes so I have no idea who you\'re talking about :P

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Roger Bunting
    Well, to be fair, the one that Liz mentioned appears in Heroes, so I\'m assuming that was a play on words.
    True - but there are some actors out there who do deserve the Hero adjective - Steve Buscimi comes to mind, as does Russell Johnson - while a big chunk of them do not -

And I knew that it was a play on the show title - was just taking an opportunity to show my disgust with all things Hollywood

Originally posted by Highbulp Billy
    Oh, and us UK terrestrial viewers are stuck in the first series of Heroes so I have no idea who you\'re talking about :P
    Likewise, we just finished the first season a week ago. \"Kirsten who? Is she ogle-worthy?\"
    Originally posted by steelcult
    True - but there are some actors out there who do deserve the Hero adjective - Steve Buscimi comes to mind, as does Russell Johnson - while a big chunk of them do not -
    Uhm, who\'s a hero? Don\'t remember even hearing those names. ;) Gwynneth Paltrow is pretty heroic, if you ask me. :D

Originally posted by lizcam
    I just spoke to this person on the phone.

Kristen Bell
    You lucky &*^$!

Was she nice? Is she as smart as I hope she is? Can I have her babies?
    She is the woman on Heros who goes to Ireland and shoots lightning out her fingher.
    Oh and thanks for the spoiler!! :mad:

Originally posted by Modderrhu
    Originally posted by Highbulp Billy
    Likewise, we just finished the first season a week ago. \"Kirsten who? Is she ogle-worthy?\"
    Definitely; Veronica Mars?

Okay, if you\'d seen any Veronica Mars (and you had a pulse) I\'m sure you\'d remember her. So for the deprived, pucker up.

Einion

Blog Entries

@ my UK friends......sorry. It never occurres to me I might be spoiling anything. :no: I need to be punished :moon:

@ Einion.....Very nice, highly intelligent and if you ask really nice, behave yourself and have more cash than Trump, probably. :twisted:

@ Modderrhu..... Um, Even I have to say :o :drool:

@ steelcult.....I know. Hollywood is the land of Satan and his minnions. But they do make good movies now and then if you don\'t mind sifting through the crap to find them.

@ my UK friends......sorry. It never occurres to me I might be spoiling anything. :no: I need to be punished :moon:
    It\'s their fault for not downloading it. Watching TV shows on TV is so 90s!

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Modderrhu
    Originally posted by steelcult[/i]
    Uhm, who\'s a hero? Don\'t remember even hearing those names. ;) Gwynneth Paltrow is pretty heroic, if you ask me. :D [/quote]

Steve Buscimi is one ugly individual of a character actor - but he used to be an NYC Fireman - on Sept 11 he showed up at his old station and went back in harness to help.

Russell Johnson is best known for playing the Professor on Giligans Island - he was also a B-29 crewman who was shot down over Japan during WWII and spent months in a Japanese POW camp.

@lono, considering the noise my computer makes and it\'s in this pokey little room, I\'d much rather sit in comfort to watch t.v. If that means I stay in the 90s, then so be it! :P

It seems Tim Kring agrees with you, lono, about Heroes. He\'s apologised for the poor start to the second series, has admitted to mistakes in plot choices and has promised to get it back on track.