Best ever video game? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best ever video game?

This is a tough choice so my list is kind of rough and in no particular order...

Arcade - Outzone, Shinobi, Street Fighter 2, Gauntlet

Spectrum - Commando, Match Day, Laser Squad

Atari St - Dungeon Master

Amiga - Kick Off 2

SNES - Street Fighter 2, Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Zelda

PS1 - Castlevania (Symphony of the Night), GT, FF VII

Dreamcast - Outtrigger, Virtua Tennis, Jet Set Radio

GameCube - X-Men, Zelda - Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe

PS2 - Guitar Hero 1/2, Lego Star Wars

DS - Advanced Wars Dual Strike (this has sucked 70 hours of my life so far and I\'m still playing)

PC - Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dawn of War (there\'s a theme here)

In no particular order......

Enclave - XBOX and PC, easily one of the best fantasy games out there. Teh atmosphere in the game is so stunning that it is worth all the difficulty of the challenge to explore the world.

Prince of Persia Sands of Time - XBOX, PS2, PC

Mark of Kri - PS2 - genius start to finish plain and simple.

Spartan Total Warrior - XBOX, PS2, and I think PC???

ANY one of the SOUL REAVER games.....

Medieval - PS1 :D

RUNE - PC, PS2- absolutely fantastic dark atmosphere, and great gameplay as well.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer by the Collective -XBOX - sheer beat em up genius! I highly recommend this one to anyone!

I am sure I am forgetting a few.......

damn i forgot tie fighter, that was goooood

worms armageddon and burnout, the most time i\'ve ever spent wasted in my life. oh and gitaroo man

The Baldur\'s Gate series was great.

My favorite RPG has to be Planescape: Torment. A few reasons - you could upgrade your NPCs just by talking to them, you could talk a character out of existence, \"items\" in the game for your character include interchangeable body parts, and some of the best NPC banter I have seen in a game.

I also liked the Soul Reaver series - great storyline.

American McGee\'s Alice was groovy, too.

2 player Combat on the original Atari home entertainment console, or for that matter 2 player space invaders rocked too.:cool:

Battlefield 1942. There\'s just something about strafing Kraut bastards on the runway.

Originally posted by Rigged4Mini
    Battlefield 1942. There\'s just something about starfing Kraut bastards on the runway.
    I have a horrible, horrible addiction to Battlefield 2. I put in over 100 hrs before I gave my discs to my female so she could keep them away from me. I find it odd because I\'m not much of a FPS-er.

My personal all time favorite is the Fallout series. Other than that the Baldur\'s Gate series rocked, and I\'m also a big fan of Star Wars flight sims.

Originally posted by JakeSh

I have a horrible, horrible addiction to Battlefield 2. I put in over 100 hrs before I gave my discs to my female so she could keep them away from me. I find it odd because I\'m not much of a FPS-er.
    I just bought Call of Duty 4 on PS3. Opted for the PS3 version as my PC is acting funny and I don\'t want to spend money on upgrading.

COD 4 IS FUN!!!! I can\'t get enough of it atm. Tons of guns and perks etc.. Great maps, AND many game options.

Liked many of those already mentioned, these are some stand outs for me.

Dune 2 spent so many hours at uni playing that, led to all the other rts games that have already been mentioned.

MAx PAyne loved it. I basically suck at fps and generally play at the easiest settings, but then you get the bots acting really stupid, or I have to cheat to be able to finish, which annoys me. This game though just seemed perfectly balanced, hard enough that I was on the edge of my seat, but not so hard that I couldn\'t play.

Stronghold A castle RTS sim, sooooo cool and fun.

Blog Entries

Is that down as FatherChaingun MD? I\'ll make sure I throw you on the list! I play with a couple of other lads atm, no clan, we just form a squad called MASHED lol awesome games. I\'m pretty niffty as a Gunship gunner :p

Swordwind; yeah I knew about the Pre NGE version being made, right now its all just maps and terain etc. The thing that pisses me off is i\'m gonna have to grind to become an elder Jedi again :cry: SO shouldn\'t have screwed with it in the first place lol Everyone I knew left! Serves em right!

Forza 2 right now...

xbox - Oddworld:Strangers Wrath, Psychonauts, PGR2
    GC - Zelda, Metroid Prime, Paper Mario, Ikaruga
    PS2 - God of War, Jak n Daxter, Disgaea(DOOD!), Okami, Klonoa
    GBA - FINAL FANTASY tACTICS ADV; Zelda: The Minish Cap, Castlevania, Klonoa

Aaah, I\'m getting bored of listing and I\'ve only scratched the surface. Poop.

I loved Herzog Zwei!

Anyway, my favorites:

Fallout
    Silent Hill 2
    Bionic Commando
    The Legend of Zelda

rachet and clank, all of them.
    i just bought a ps3 just so i could play future weapons, and it was well worth the money.

Originally posted by funnymouth
    rachet and clank, all of them.
    i just bought a ps3 just so i could play future weapons, and it was well worth the money.
    Been playing CoD4 on PS3 for the last few weeks. Thinking about getting Uncharted shortly.

Originally posted by Rigged4Mini

Been playing CoD4 on PS3 for the last few weeks. Thinking about getting Uncharted shortly.
    me too! that game looks really cool, its got the whole indiana jones appeal.

Blog Entries

Quake and it\'s online expansion; Quakeworld. First FULL 3d game I suspect, introduced clans, leagues etc.

Guild Wars: all the expansions.
    And I\'m sure Spore when it finally comes out.
    Halo (1,2,AND 3)
    Elder Scrolls 3 and 4
    Mass Effect
    Gears of War

morrowind and oblivion, although oblivion didnt have as much content, less play time, and hardly any legendary items,,,, and daedric items were way to easy to get... apart from that they are the best games i\'ve played,,, a close second would be HALO and then Star wars KOTOR

Only have 67 stars so far, so I have a long way to go before I know for sure, but Mario Galaxy is probably deserving of a place on my list too.

It\'s certainly been the first game in years that has been so good I\'ve not been able to stop playing until forced off so the other folks I live with can watch TV.