What\'s your favourite album? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What\'s your favourite album?

You\'re booooooootiful.....

Blog Entries

Propellerheads - Decksandrumsandrockandroll

Hmmm... im really loving the random topics thats going on the forums atm, for me its a real tough 1 choosing a few that stand out. Main fav\'s would be:
    Scarface- The fix
    Wu tang clan-enter the 36 chambers
    Nas-illmatic/stillmatic
    eric b and Rakim-Paid in full
    Slick rick-The art of storytelling
    Big L-lifestyles of the poor and dangerous
    if im being honest i find it hard to narrow it down to a few

Soundtrack to memoir of a geisha, and soundtrack to Amelie

shaz

Originally posted by Bill
    Radiohead - The Bends, OK Computer and Pablo Honey (Kid A and Amnesiac are fairly mediocre in comparison)
    May I be bold and suggest In Rainbows attain status among The Bends, OK Computer and Pablo Honey? :P Personally, it\'s between Pablo Honey and In Rainbows for my favourite Radiohead record.

Another for my list: White Blood Cells - The White Stripes

I like so much, it\'s tough to choose!

Here are my top 3, in no particular order:

-Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien (SWTA and Crushing Day are excellent!).
    -Metallica - Master of Puppets (Orion is my favorite song. Period. I wish they would have done it in the S&M album).
    -DragonForce - Inhuman Rampage (Non stop speedy solos, what more could you ask for?)

-Matt

In no particular order:

Machine Head \'- Burn My Eyes\'
    Mouth of the Architect - \'The Ties That Blind\'
    Vision of Disorder - \'Imprint\'
    Pantera - \'The Great Southern Trendkill\'
    Meshuggah - \'Destroy Erase Improve\'
    Aesop Rock - \'Labor Days\'
    Fiona Apple - \'Tidal\'

Tom Jones - The Best Of.

It\'s not unusual!

Blog Entries

God knows.

I\'m quite into LD50 by Mudvayne recently...

It would probably have to be a metalica album for all time fave though

Originally posted by reverend
    Tom Jones - The Best Of.

It\'s not unusual!
    That, or James Blunt. Make your pic :D

Originally posted by reverend
    Tom Jones - The Best Of.

It\'s not unusual!
    No, it\'s not unusual, his is just a pelvic thrust to rival the best of Riff-Raff and Magenta\'s.

Originally posted by Cleezy
    Hmmm... im really loving the random topics thats going on the forums atm, for me its a real tough 1 choosing a few that stand out. Main fav\'s would be:
    Scarface- The fix
    Woohoo taste!
    Mine changes all the time. Probably
    GZA - \"Liquid Swords\" at the moment.

I really can\'t decide on my favourite Scarface album. The Diary has better lyrical content, but is let down by a few dodgy productions. Whereas The Fix is grade A* production, but \'Face gets lazy on some of the verses - for example on \"Guess Who\'s Back\" he gets outclassed by Jay-Z. Never good when you have a guest that is better than you on a track.

Blog Entries

I\'m a sucker for live albums.

Rush in Rio (Rush) and S&M (Metallica) are probably my two all time favorite albums.

tool-aenima
    rage against the machine-rage against the machine
    pearl jam-ten
    alice in chains-mtv unplugged
    jimi hendrix-band of gypsies
    led zeppelin-led zeppelin I
    ac/dc-jailbreak
    black sabbath-paranoid
    The doors-best of
    Stevie ray vaughn-couldn\'t stand the weather.

:drunk:

GZA-Liquid swords what a album, finally another quality rap fan on the coolmini forums, no offence to any1 who doesnt like rap. Yea face struggles with jay but i mean this was jay when spitting his best, face is the most consistent though always releasing awesome material, what would you say the best album from the wu tang and its members is?new wu soon cant wait, maybe one day il pait my wu tang themed space marine army lol

Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X
    Jeff Wayne - The War of The Worlds

All time fave - Turn Loose the Swans By My Dying Bride

but there are tons on the list

Originally posted by Cleezy
    GZA-Liquid swords what a album, finally another quality rap fan on the coolmini forums, no offence to any1 who doesnt like rap. what would you say the best album from the wu tang and its members is?
    At the moment I have Words From The Genius, Liquid Swords, Only Built For Cuban Linx and 36 Chambers. My favourite is Liquid Swords :D but they\'re all fantastic to be honest.

Originally posted by CleezyYea face struggles with jay but i mean this was jay when spitting his best, face is the most consistent though always releasing awesome material,
    I\'d have to disagree. Although he has an amazing pedigree of releasing 4 critically acclaimed albums (Diary, Fix, Last of a Dying Breed and Mr Scarface is back) he released a few less impressive albums.
    According to Wikipedia, \"Made\" a new album by Scarface is released 4th December :o
    Hope it\'s good ;)

yea i saw it advertised in a magazine, mite have been the source though cant remember. You have to think in terms of face\'s career its lasted 20years and a lot changes in that time but faces collection is very impressive not many can boast havin four albums people would class as classics or near classics.Thats a classic every 5years i dont think any1 has that record. I think you have the three best wu tang albums there add to it ghostfaces ironman and supreme clientele and wu tang forever and you have the best they have to offer though the wu tang material is pretty much all good i have every wu album every ghostface album and then the best of the other members. really never though there would be a rap fan who was a painter etc

Ps decemebr a good mnth for new rap music, new wu tang, new ghostface, new scarface nd madvillain is finally released in Hmv, as well as that you have lesser rappers new offerings in Beanie sigel and freeway