Skaven

Thread: Skaven

Blog Entries

Nice job as always. Just a point; in the auction the description says the miniature is an \'Orc Savage\' not the Skaven model you\'re trying to sell :D

Ooh, now that I like, and as a fan of skaven, I think I\'m going to bid on it. Not to use in the army I\'ll eventually get around to painting, as it would show the rest of them up. lol

One thing, though, in terms of using for an army, it does have the wrong base. It should be a 20mm square one.

looks awesome, wish i could paint like thet actually.

Originally posted by Roger Bunting

One thing, though, in terms of using for an army, it does have the wrong base. It should be a 20mm square one.
    Gaak!! I get that wrong frequently!!

shawn, it\'s simple - fantasy = square, sci-fi = round

Don\'t worry, Shawn, at least for this one. I\'m still bidding on it. :)

Maybe you could use Freak\'s quote in your signature, like a mantra, except you\'ll have to add in that LotR is also round, but that might confuse the issue. lol

Originally posted by freakinacage
    shawn, it\'s simple - fantasy = square, sci-fi = round
    Thanks - That I think I can remember.

Oh, yes. I will be bidding.

...fast forward to Christmas
    \"Daddy, why didn\'t Santa come?\"
    \"Shhh. I\'m lookin\' at my new poisoned wind globadier. Sooooo pretty.\"

Shawn, do you remember how you painted the robe? Some people over at the Skaven site The UnderEmpire are curious.

Ok, everyone else has said it and I tried to think of something original and witty but the globes rock!

Very nice indeed!

Originally posted by hakoMike
    Shawn, do you remember how you painted the robe? Some people over at the Skaven site The UnderEmpire are curious.
    Nothing too special, just mainly using raw umber and off white for most of the shading-highlighting and a touch of pure white for that added kick of highlighting. Couldn\'t find the reference in the link you posted.

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    Originally posted by hakoMike
    Nothing too special, just mainly using raw umber and off white for most of the shading-highlighting and a touch of pure white for that added kick of highlighting. Couldn\'t find the reference in the link you posted.
    Thanks!
    Direct link to the thread: http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic=23971

nice sig shawn!

Darnit! The model went above my budget that I have left this side of Christmas. Bummer...

Originally posted by Roger Bunting
    Darnit! The model went above my budget that I have left this side of Christmas. Bummer...
    :D:D$$$$$:D:D

Yes, too many $$$ for my bank account at this time. I would have bid higher if I could have. Congratulations on the auction, anyway, Shawn.

yes a very wonderful paint job, love your style