Games Day Canada 2008
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Games Day Canada 2008

Default Games Day Canada 2008

For those of you concerned with the fate of Games Day, there is no need to worry. Games Day will be be happening in 2008. I can not officially release the date as of yet, as there will be a big formal announcement coming very shortly. So I will not mention the Games Day is taking place on June 21st and plans are already in motion to make this the most unique and exciting Games Day Canada, ever.
    http://ca.games-workshop.com/Communi...CommissarC.htm

Yay!

Crap! I figured it would be in early May... I almost definitely can\'t make it now. This is really disappointing...

Blog Entries

I was pretty excited to hear it was going to be after finals... I\'ll likely be able to make it and might even have a paycheck or two under my belt from the summer job by then. That is good news for impulse buying resin.

Excuse my ignorance, where will this be? Any big stuff happen in Toronto?

Blog Entries

OK so it\'s been a good long while since anyone\'s discussed this. Who\'s coming?

Looks like me and Phesmic and emopainterguy are making the trip down in June. I\'m trying to get Angela Imrie to be a proud Canuck if she\'s doing the GD thing this year :D

I\'ll be there along with some of the Team T-dot folks like Ainu.. (Ian)..

Umm Isnt Angela part of Team NA Jericho??

Originally posted by SilAx
    I\'ll be there along with some of the Team T-dot folks like Ainu.. (Ian)..

Umm Isnt Angela part of Team NA Jericho??
    Haha I guess that makes her less of a Canadian? lol

Seriously though, I don\'t think Team NA flies around the country together or something, they just meet up at the GDs.

Blog Entries

I think she said she\'s fond of GD LA, but hey Toronto\'s cool too... they got a crappy baseball team that we can make fun of when we get there! That\'s always good for a laugh :D

Hey all... well that came up REALLY fast, didn\'t it? I got back to my entries (and neglected Geo studying lol) and like it or not, the big show is in just over a week.

What\'s everyone doing after GD? I\'m thinking Team Toronto & co. might like to have a get together!

Won\'t be there sadly... too much going on right now, and the budget took a big hit early in the summer so I had to make some cuts... I also missed the local qualifiers so I won\'t even have an entry there this year. Hopefully next year :(.

Originally posted by emopainterguy
    Won\'t be there sadly... too much going on right now, and the budget took a big hit early in the summer so I had to make some cuts... I also missed the local qualifiers so I won\'t even have an entry there this year. Hopefully next year :(.
    :( Sorry to hear that Robin. You can crash at my place next year if you need to!

Blog Entries

Tom and I haven\'t made a lot of plans for the week we\'re in Toronto, but yeah we\'re there from the 18th to the 25th. Should be able to arrange something in that time :D

Like Ainu said, I think Team TO will be hanging around..and I need to do something from the 21 to the end of june since I start summer school in july..UGH

I\'ll be coming this year. My two entries are almost done...

One hell of a Games day, LOTS OF SURPRISES and the competition in Golden Demon was really tough.

The Slayer sword went to Arkaal (Thiery Husser), who was here and unseen...he entered his models and vanished and they were pretty incredible.

More pics at my bucket: Click me

Enjoy!
    Silax

More coverage is on the Team Canada Website

http://gdteamcanada.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=657

Unless my eyes decieve me Dan Bayer (Jericho) took gold in 40K single and possibly bronze in Open. That particular picture is very dark.

Congratulations!

Slayer looks very nice. Gold in LOTR is gorgeus. 40k LArge, Nurgle Dread is incredibly nurgly, but picture is too dark again. Silver in Open looks very interesting too. For the rest better pictures are needed

Congrats to Ark. Painting for Rackham all that time has really paid off . About time he won one, his painting is just excellent.;)

I was there when the judges decided the top 3 for large scale (in which I was entered). Jervis took a good look at mine under good light, put it on the table, and then the two* judges took further looks at the other 3 models, then Jervis looked at mine again, said something, and put it back. I\'m going to do a larger model next year, seeing as mine was the smallest in the category so perhaps larger model = larger expanse for work + that much more imposing.

*There were only two judges. IMHO, 1000s of hours of work and loads of money put into the actual models and bits should not result in a 50/50.

Same old arguements over judging then, I guess you could say GW are consistant in that at least lol

Congrats to all that got through to the finals and won a demon I look forward to seeing decent photos of the entries :D

I had no idea that was the real \"ark\" I was talking to... why was he slumming doing GW stuff when he normally gets to paint Rackham. Still he is great! And very humble too!
    Grayv