THE CHICK CHALLENGE IS BACK!!!

Thread: THE CHICK CHALLENGE IS BACK!!!

Default THE CHICK CHALLENGE IS BACK!!!

Dear Friends and Painters colleagues, we are happy to open a new Edition of our established internal contest, Verduricchio Aureo, this time with an International scope.
    Yes, we are proud to announce that the Legio Pictorum Team has open again the Chick Challenge, the famous contest that in the past was led by Jason Moses and that now the Legio has had the honour and the pleasure to manage it itself.
    Thje contest is open to everybody, it is international, and foresees, as the solely clauses, that you are registered to the Legio Pictorum Forum and that you paint a feminine charcater ONLY.
    All information are on a dedicated site both in Italian and in English.
    For this important event, some well known miniatures' manufacturers and Model Magazines have give their sponsorship, we therefore are happy to say that there will be many miniatures and magaziens for the winners. So, a special Thank you goes to our Sponsors for having made this first Edition of the Chick Challenge rich and important.
    There is nothing else to say than "good luck" and send you back to the site's pages and to your colors. We want to see you numerous and competitive. We are sure it will be even more difficult to announce the winners.
    Thank you all, we are sure it will be worth to compete!
    And now...let's go and paint!

PS Don't forget to register to Legio Pictorum Forum to be able to participate to the contest, and for any doubts or clarifications, please write to Docitalicus (docitalicus@yahoo.com) or to Franciuus (alfarabi@excite.it)
    the Legio Pictorum Forum's Boardhttp://www.farabi.it/ChCh/index.htm

Great idea!

But I don\'t understand this sentence:

\"We will only accept miniatures that have been published on any place after 1st December 2008. The contest will run up to the 30th of April 2008 (Midnight Italian Time, please take into account the time difference). Good luck!\"

As the competition runs til April, will you not be able to show your minis until December??

Yeah, I\'m a little vague on the deadline too. The deadline doesn\'t seem to be spelled out in the contest rules anywhere, and why do I have to join a forum that I can\'t even read to do this?

i had the same question as averlorn...
    and it seems like a looooong ways of to be hyping it.

I\'m glad the CC is back! I hope the Legio will run it \"as Moses would have\" so to speak, and it\'ll be great to see all the entries once again. If the deadline is April \'08 that\'s actually a good warning, especially for painters who weren\'t expecting this contest to reappear and need to budget their time accordingly.

/off to pick through my collection for an entry...

Default clarifications

Hi Guys, as member of the board of Legio Pictorum and main \"manager\" of the ChCh, I\'ll try to clarify as much as possible.
    1) the minitures participating to the contest have to be new, that mean that any miniature shown on any place on the net (personal sites, CMON, forums, etc) up to 30 of November included will not be accepted. In other words, miniatures already displayed anywhere will not be able to participate.
    2) the deadline for sending the miniatures to a specified email address (will be communicated later) is April the 30th 2008. this will give you more than 4 months for painting
    3) all the miniatures will be displayed on the website between today and April the 30th 2008 in an anonimous way. So, the miniatures will be visible to everybody but the authors will not be shown. They will become clear only after the votes. This will minimize the risk of votes given to the authors rather than to the miniatures.

the mechanism is: paint your miniatures but don\'t display it anywhere --> send it to the CC administration --> wait for the voting time --> vote --> enjoy the prizes!

For any other doubts,. please contact me...
    Have fun
    Doc

Strikes me as though saying \"DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRIES ANYWHERE UNTIL AFTER VOTING IS COMPLETED\" would be much clearer than the November 31st/december 1st/entry dates idea...

... basically the same rules as the CC has always had :) I totally don\'t get the December thing either, but I think I know what to do.

Default no speaky the lingo....

....when we sign up which link to we click on? the one with \"piú\" or the one with \"meno\"
    I am over 13 :D

Thanks for the suggestion re: the december issue, I\'ll change in a clearer \"Please don\'t post your picture anywhere\"
    I am going to revise the wording a little bit
    If there is something unclear please let me know
    thanks again
    Doc

Mick22: I didn\'t get your question...

well, basically my Itallian is pretty rubbish, so...
    How do we register? I\'m not too bad at making some reasonable guesses,
    I clicked the \"Registrati\" link, but which link do I click on after that one?
    I\'m assuming one is saying I am 13, and the other is saying I\'m over 13
    I have no idea which is which, and as they are almost the same, what I\'m asking is...
    \"...the link with \"piú\" or the link with \"meno\" in it\"
    hope that makes more sense :D
    thanks for your assistance,

Originally posted by mickc22
    well, basically my Itallian is pretty rubbish, so...
    How do we register? I\'m not too bad at making some reasonable guesses,
    I clicked the \"Registrati\" link, but which link do I click on after that one?
    I\'m assuming one is saying I am 13, and the other is saying I\'m over 13
    I have no idea which is which, and as they are almost the same, what I\'m asking is...
    \"...the link with \"piú\" or the link with \"meno\" in it\"
    hope that makes more sense :D
    thanks for your assistance,
    Sorry, it was myself...I didn\'t really understand what was the question...
    you were right, \"registrati\" is \"register\" and the first link is for people 13 yo or younger while the second is for people over 13. The third is just \"I don\'t accept the conditions\"
    I hope this clarifies, and sorry if I didn\'t answer before
    ciao
    Doc

okey doke,

Mick

Hmmm. I either have not received my activation e-mail, or else after spending all of the time fillign out the registration I either hit the wrong button to submit it, or else there was another problem that I cannot obviously read about...

Guess I\'ll try again. Why do we need to join the board just out of interest? I mean, the majority of us cannot understand anything there anyways... Seems like a bit of a waste of time. Can we not simply submit our entries via e-mail?

hi all, i\'m the admin of legiopictorum.

so for zaphod, and for all:

for the registration on legiopictorum, you have to use the instruction of doc and after this:

http://www.farabi.it/LegioPictorum/viewtopic.php?t=3747

it\'s for this thant you don\'t received your activation ;)

zaphod now you are active!

for the question about registration on legio. this is the first year we organized chik challenge, so is possible somethings are a little diffuct to organize.
    we put the rules of the registration, because, the vote metod can be traced in the forum, in this way no man can vote two time or tree time, or vote himself, with another e mail. only one votation for account.

for the next year we can organized with a database on chick challenge that doing this but, for now, is difficult.

more: on legio pictorum we obviusly speak italian, but man you can all speak in english!! we have a lot of painter of the other part of the worlds that speak with us and stay in the forum without problems. (automaton, arjai.. for exemple).
    so you can speak your languages, we all understand and appreciate you!

obviusly is not necessary to partecipate to the forum, if you don\'t want.

sorry for my bad english and i hope is understandable :-)

thank you all for your partecipation and feedback, help us to make this new chick challenge a great contest.

stay tuned for all the news.

Franciuus

Awesome! It\'s all good then :D

Default Happy New Year

A Happy New Year to all our friends, we wish you a Healthy and passionate 2008, with all what you wish and deserve
    Sincerely

Legio Pictorum Board