Best beer you have ever had
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best beer you have ever had

Default Best beer you have ever had

I just had the pleasure of recieving the gift of beer, many beers, many beers I have not had before. Among those beers was one stand out one named Delirium Noel that is from Belgium and ranks in the top 92nd percentile in the world.

This just topped my list as the best beer I have ever had. What is your top beer?

PS: a bit of background: I have been rating and trying as many beers as I can for the last 4 years or so after a friend of mine opened my eyes to \'the world beyond Harp\' Brewers (Guiness, Harp, Newcastle, etc). I have currently rated over 250 beers Delirium Noel being the latest.

breakspear tripple: http://www.refreshuk.com/brands/brands_brakspears.htm

NICE!

Blog Entries

If i\'m honest? Prolly Becks. I love german beer!
    Worst has to be one calle \'Three Keys\' made by belgian monks 13% Alc and pure, PURE evil!

Blog Entries

Shiner Bock. Before Miller bought them out.

prefer traditional thinks like mulled wine, mead and cider myself.
    oh and a good stout :)

Hobgoblin!

Yummy...dark beer, not as bitter as Guinness.

@Vike: did you try Wytchwood\'s Christmas beer released this year: Humbug! I thought it was a better version of Hobgoblin.

Generul: any particular Stout? My current fave is Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout.

Steel: that sounds familiar, I\'ve had a few Bocks, including one horrible one called Super Bock, but I don\'t think a Shiner Bock. I definately prefer double and Tripple bocks to singles.

TBS: not a fan of Becks myself. Best German beer I have had so far is Weihenstephaner Korbinian

Squidders: never heard of it, is it a local micro?

I think my favourite beer has to be Marstons Pedigree but there are so many good ones out there particular favourites are

Speckled Hen
    Old Perculiar
    Badgers Champion
    Hobgoblin
    Four Kings Ale

to name a few.

Originally posted by Gilvan Blight
    @Vike: did you try Wytchwood\'s Christmas beer released this year: Humbug! I thought it was a better version of Hobgoblin.
    No, I haven\'t seen that, but you can bet I will be searching for it starting tommorow!!

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Gilvan Blight

Steel: that sounds familiar, I\'ve had a few Bocks, including one horrible one called Super Bock, but I don\'t think a Shiner Bock. I definately prefer double and Tripple bocks to singles.
    For the longest time it was a Texas only kinda beer - last family owned medium scale brewery in the state and whatnot (no I don\'t count micro breweries here) - then they got bought out by Miller and now you can get it pretty much nation wide. The bottle is pretty distinctive - brown glass with an orange label with a ram on it - and usually is the beer Robert Rodriguez is poking fun at in his movies.

Abita Springs Summer Brew.
    Out of Abita Springs, Louisianna.
    Only micro-brewed in the summertime.
    Their year long beer is Shite!

I like the mead and \"alternatives\" to beer but when buying them around here, I get 2 good out of 5, the other three having skunked into vinegar. :(

old speckled hen
    brains extra cold (especially good when served with a packet of kp spicy nuts)
    guiness in ireland (hate the stuff over here)
    am working my way through a few novelty reindeer beers that a mate got me for my b\'day that are going down surprisingly well

I always liked a Chinese beer called Tsing Tao. Had one last night for Xmas Eve, which was the first and only beer in two years.

Last year, I had a couple of small cups of sake for New Year\'s. May do the same this year.

Just not a big drinker anymore. :)

Kep

Blog Entries

Gilvan, vhere can I fint zis \"Weihenstephaner Korbinian\"? German beer is without doubt, the best in the world!

I also have to agree with mead, I love mead, makes me feel like a viking RAWR! Although i\'m not too fussy, i\'ll drink pretty much anything lol

It\'s a difficult choice, but probably Blandford Fly

http://www.hall-woodhouse.co.uk/beers/badgerales/blandfordfly.asp

This should be an interesting thread *sits back with popcorn*

Just in case anyone might be interested, thought I\'d plug Beer Advocate.

Einion

damn, it\'s like a beer fantasy in here...
    you guys have mentioned some good ones...in my travels i have found that beer is something that most everyone can agree on...mostly agreein\' to have another...

@steelcult: i remember shiner bock from when i lived in austin...shame they got bought by the big guys...

@supervike: hobgoblin has a good name...i\'ll have to go search for that one...
    what kinda bitter guinness are ya drinkin\'??? the bottles of extra stout can be a bit bitter, but the cans with the widget go down smooth...

@tidoco: i love some old peculiar...one of my top discoveries in england...

@jesterz: abita seems to be a little known secret...glad ya know \'em...when i lived in new orleans, we had the turbodog on tap all over...so good...

@freak: guinness in ireland is a little slice o\' heaven...nothin\' could top a good irish guinness for me...

@earkham: tsing tao is not bad, but none of the asian beers can hold a candle to kirin ichiban in my opinion...if ya like asian beer, try singha, thailand\'s national beer...

@shawn: redtail rocks!!!

for me, it\'s hard to have a favorite...depends more on where i am at...in amsterdam i love to drink a local brew called columbus...it\'s made in town at a place called brewery ij, which is in an old windmill...too cool...potent brew too...
    they also do one called vlo(the flea) that will kick you ass...

in belgium it\'s all about goin\' to visit the trappist monks, and drinkin\' their holy brew...now i know where the image of the jolly friar comes from...he wash three sheets to the wind and talkin\' to god...

last year i lived in mazatlan, mexico, where the pacifico brewery is...days seem to get lost every once in a while when ya live 5 minutes from a brewery...they have a brand called el indio in southern mexico, which is a dark beer...not what ya would expect if all ya know is corona, but definitely one of my top world beers...

here in the states we have so many good micros...pyramid, rouge, and so many others...old fat tire is a great micro, and anchor steam outta frisco is still brewed in the old style...

up here in alaska we have a killer little brewery called bird creek, nestled down in the mountains where they do all the extreme snowboardin\'...they do great unfiltered, yeasty, traditional beers...then there is of course alaskan ale, probably available all over the u.s. by now... alaskan amber is top...

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

cheers
    jah

Best beer I\'ve had is the beer I got so cranked on I can\'t remember what I drank..

@jahminis
    Yeah, my first fiance has family down there.
    I tasted my first moonshine and the summer beer on my first visit, and the yearlong on my last. Might be because of the moonshine:drunk:but I think the summer is the better brew.