Models with Open Books

Thread: Models with Open Books

Default Models with Open Books

Okay, my obsession lately has been for models holding open books, especially in combat poses. Something about a book in combat just kills me.

I know of the Inquisitor and Canoness models with books, the new Commissar, some Skaven, and an Empire Wizard.

Anyone have a favorite model with book that they want to share?

I like THIS ONE

Originally posted by DrEvilmonki
    I like THIS ONE
    good call. ordered him a few days ago, cant wait

There are these ones I\'ve liked this Wizard since I first saw him and have had one of these sorcerers sitting around waiting for a paintjob for ages.

Does that include open as in - strapped to a pole like the GW missionary or something?

I have one of these but I haven\'t painted her yet.

Reaper\'s \"Jolie\".

Check out Akaranseth\'s GW Librarian. :)

There is also Reaper\'s Halbarad from the Crusader faction of the Warlord line. He looks a bit like he is reading instructions on how to smash someone with his warhammer.

Another one is the wizard called Tim by some, I mean, er, Leisynn from the Mercenaries faction (also Warlord line).

Originally posted by DaRat
    There is also Reaper\'s Halbarad from the Crusader faction of the Warlord line. He looks a bit like he is reading instructions on how to smash someone with his warhammer.
    Hmm... lessee here.

Step 1: Hold handle firmly. Handle is non-bashy end.

Step 2: Raise hammer head above noggin, carefully missing any personal naughty bits on the way up.

Step 3: Swing hammer head towards target again missing any personal naughty bits.

Step 4: Rinse and repeat.

Okay, I think I can do that.

Step 1, check. Step 2...

Oooofff :o

Blog Entries

And NSA posted mine.

Damn, foiled again.lol

Don\'t forget Warhammer Fantasy\'s Empire Flagellants unit, and/or the Flagellants from Mordheim. They\'re covered in books (and bells) and the third group shown here: http://nemesis.us.games-workshop.com/hobby/modeling/flagellant/default.htm has some neat figures where the ends of their flails have been replaced with books, so they\'re literally beating their enemies with the tomes:

Blog Entries

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    I have one of these but I haven\'t painted her yet.

Reaper\'s \"Jolie\".
    That is probably my favorite model that I have painted so far. It helps that I got the best results on it.

Now I need to find my Jolie and finish her.
    Which means I\'ll probably have to strip her and start over.

Oh, that didn\'t quite sound right....

I\'m surprised no one has yet mentioned Deth and Taxxis, certainly an unusual pose for a little light reading. Lonewolf posted a great painted version here. There\'s also a younger version of the pair with a hip-height or so Deth holding the book on shoulders for a standing Taxxis.

Originally posted by DaN
    Does that include open as in - strapped to a pole like the GW missionary or something?
    I prefer the open book, especially hand held, to the strapped on book.

These are all great suggestions! Thanks, people!

If you look up Jolie on the Reaper website (in the figure finder section), you will find a list of tags, which includes a \"book\" tag. That way, you can easily browse through all Reaper minis with (not necessarily open) books. Cool feature, every manufacturer should enable you to search for Topics if you are looking for something not only for gaming.

Forgot one: Schiva die Natter from http://www.excalibur-miniaturen.de

Very nice Snake Sorceres with an open book. Terrible image on their website and none posted on CMON, but it is a very nice mini, sculpted by master Klocke, I think. It is not my best paintjob, therefore I\'m reluctant to post her myself, but if anyone is interested I can mail a few better photos on request.

The pic in their online store isn\'t large but it shows the mini, and it looks nice.

Thanks for the input, and welcome to the forums, OldBrush.