Salute \'08 - 19th April at ExCel London - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Salute \'08 - 19th April at ExCel London

Jakob Nielsen

Got my ticket yesterday!
    If the weather is right and I can find the time I\'ll get some pictures taken of my entry - a GW empire warrior priest that I have painted recently.

Arggggh you guys are making me cry!

Next Year for definate.

My Tickets arrived today... so with just over a week to go who\'s excited :D

Originally posted by AsgardUK
    My Tickets arrived today... so with just over a week to go who\'s excited :D
    me!!!!

Can someone pic me up one of the new Forgeworld LE figures of the titan crewman. Let me know by PM if possible.

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    Can someone pic me up one of the new Forgeworld LE figures of the titan crewman. Let me know by PM if possible.
    PM sent :D

Sorry peeps, I won\'t be there next weekend, I\'ve been invited over to NL for 3 days, so I will be tiptoeing through the tulips!

Have fun

Shaz

We will miss you Shaz, we hardly see you as it is :)

Have fun and enjoy the Tulips.

I have quickly scanned this thread and didn\'t notice a definate time for a meetup.

I know its the costa coffee just outside the salute hall but what time?
    And remember to bring minis people.

Nigel

The whole of Team Harrow are gonna be there, I think there\'s something in the order of eight entries between us for the whole comp...

I wonder if the organisers have any idea how the size and standard of the comp is going to leap up this year? :-)

As for a meet up... judging begins at 2:30pm so I\'d suggest if folks wanna look at minis before handing them in the meet would need to be about mid-day at the latest... I for one want to get my entries in pretty early.

What about 12 noon, or is that too late?

Ben

Il check now...do I need an entry form for the competition entries?
    If so is there one to print out online, or do I fill it out at the show?

Originally posted by rocketandroll
    I wonder if the organisers have any idea how the size and standard of the comp is going to leap up this year? :-)
    Fear not, I\'ll be single-handedly dragging the standard down thanks to a hideous attempt at OSL over the weekend on one of my entries :(

Anyhoos, I\'ll be there from the get-go (depending on public transport) as I\'m desperate to get my freebies so anytime\'s good for me.

@Matty - the entry forms are downloadable from www.salute.co.uk

Ah yea, so they are, I completely missed the link the first time I checked...cheers, Billy

How many entries per person?
    Is it restricted to one per category? I can\'t find anything on the site.

Originally posted by matty1001
    How many entries per person?
    Is it restricted to one per category? I can\'t find anything on the site.
    They do seem to be a short on actual rules both on the website and int the programme (just picked up a copy in the latest Miniature Wargames mag. My guess would be one entry per category per person just to stop some one walking off with first and second prizes.

Good point...just I have 2 entries for the fantasy and 2 for the open.
    I can always just write the entry forms out anyway, and Il just enter what ever people reckon are the better paint jobs.

Originally posted by matty1001
    Good point...just I have 2 entries for the fantasy and 2 for the open.
    I can always just write the entry forms out anyway, and Il just enter what ever people reckon are the better paint jobs.
    Stick my name down on one of your Open entries if you like, I don\'t mind sharing the glory ;)

hey guys

ill be turning up with the rest of team harrow :) and will have an entry or two for the painting comp. can\'t wait to see the quality of entries this year.but the big question........

how much is parking in excel for the day??

:beer:

Originally posted by z3don
    hey guys

ill be turning up with the rest of team harrow :) and will have an entry or two for the painting comp. can\'t wait to see the quality of entries this year.but the big question........

how much is parking in excel for the day??

:beer:

Lots :-)

Come on the damn tube like the rest of us!!!

Just because you HAVE a car now, doesn\'t mean you have to use it for EVERYTHING!!! ;-)

See you Saturday Chris...

Ben
    (Frantically back-tracking to finish Lathiem)

I am really looking forward to the comp this year, with all the extra people I don\'t think the cabinets are going to be big enough.

So what time is the meet up? 13.00 at Costa Coffee?

Nigel