CMON MEMBER UNITE!!! submission thread/Due January 31st 5:00 pm EST:CHANGE IN DATE - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CMON MEMBER UNITE!!! submission thread/Due January 31st 5:00 pm EST:CHANGE IN DATE

wheres all of the wonderful entrys?:(:(

Originally posted by uberdark
    i would honestly resubmit with this picture. you have a better idea of the composition of the piece. just something to consider :) [/quote]

I assumed that by including this picture on this thread, that this would be included as part of my submission. Have I done somthing wrong?

Should my photo\'s be just on one post? I\'m a noob to this and didn\'t know :redface:

Some really nice minis here, Tommie youirs is just so great maybe the closest to perfect I have ever seen!!!

Countersunk great use of a mini with such a static pose, the whole thing creates such a great atmosphere.

Everyone else great looking minis looking forward to seeing the rest!

Originally posted by Target
    Originally posted by uberdark
    i would honestly resubmit with this picture. you have a better idea of the composition of the piece. just something to consider :)
    I assumed that by including this picture on this thread, that this would be included as part of my submission. Have I done somthing wrong?

Should my photo\'s be just on one post? I\'m a noob to this and didn\'t know :redface: [/quote]

target: i think you misunderstood... i love the mini and the pics.... and yes, this is where you submit the photos to be judged.... however i suggested the picture you put up on your account would probably do better rating wise if you used the picture i suggested just because you get a better sense of whats going on and the composition looks better from that angle.

not to worry though i will be grading on what i see and the more views i have the better sense i have on how to score your entry. i hope this explains things better.

cheers

uber

Uberdark, thanks for the advice. I have produced a better (?) votey page and will remove the old one...

Revised votey page thingy

Originally posted by Target
    Uberdark, thanks for the advice. I have produced a better (?) votey page and will remove the old one...

Revised votey page thingy
    no prob. see it scored higher. congrats.

@uberdark am i too late to join? i don\'t mind if i am as its not brilliant, but can i post it here anyway?
    :D pretty please!!:innocent:

*EDIT* idont mind if i am too late as its not brilliant...

as i said in my email...i am fine with you entering your piece but it wont be considered for the prize or judged. but i would be glad to critique it for you personally. remember the theme is \"after the battle\"

umm..he cleaned his hammer...:D
    the armour is pretty weathered:

EDIT- i painted this a while ago, but still comment :)

Okay I\'d best throw mine up here... This was an interesting mini to paint as I really don\'t like dwarfs, but I did learn a fair whack from doing him. With regards to the theme I thought of him looking out over the battle field after the fight so put a broken standard in the foreground. This was originally going to be a Chaos banner, but I decided on a Dark Elf one instead.

Anyway on with the pics:

and a bit closer

And finally a vote link http://www.coolminiornot.com/180954.

All comments are appreciated and cheers to Uber for organising everything.

Yay! Another little fella! That\'s a cool scene - like the colour scheme too;)

And I second the thanks to Uber for putting this together. Three cheers, HIP-HIP...

Hoooray! For Uber!

And for all the great entries! Clock is ticking, really looking forward for the next ones!

Hi everyone, here\'s my entry. I fianlly managed to get some OK pictures, so here goes (hope I remember how to do this..):

Since the theme was \"after the battle\" I decided to add some blood and mud, and the battle seems to have been concentrating around that little rock he\'s standing on. I guess he can now claim it as his own :)

Cheers, Anja

http://www.coolminiornot.com/181071

Aye, the clock is a-ticking and since I won\'t be homed tomorrow, its time to post the wee fella.

This is immediately \"After the Battle\" when the great dwarf leader is surveying the wanton devastation and gore left after what seems an eternity of fighting. The blood ran like a river from both sides, and whomever the enemy might have been, they gave as good as they got. Our hero has not even had time to clean the ancient and powerful axe that is his seemingly constant companion, and the weight of friends lost drags heavily on his soul. Moreover he has escaped with only a couple of scratches on his head and arm, those small wounds only adding to the small waterfall of blood at his feet and the lakes of blood and offal covering the rest of the battlefield.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/181074

Sorry folks! Due to me moving house and having to get enough cash for a survey to be done I\'ve had to get some ebay sales on the go as well as my normal commissions so i haven\'t had time to even paint mine. :( i shall post a pic on how far i got anyways. Everyones work looks sweet and i only wish i had enough hours in the day. I feel like i have let you all down but it could not be helped. sorry folks. Best of luck to everyone ;)

Holy hell Astonia thats gorgeous.

Please could you produce a tutorial for it.

-T-

I won\'t make the deadline. I didn\'t manage to start painting my warrior priest until today, and I don\'t think I can finish it to the standard I want by tomorrow. But, I\'ll make sure to show it once it IS finished, which shouldn\'t take too long. :)

@Astonia
    Sweet! You\'ve gotten quite good at this painting thing! ;)

Originally posted by Ritual
    @Astonia
    Sweet! You\'ve gotten quite good at this painting thing! ;)
    Hehe, I guess near 24/7 painting for almost three years sort of does that to you.

@ Fat Lad
    I\'ll see what I can do later today.