WARMACHINE?

Thread: WARMACHINE?

Default WARMACHINE?

hi there, i have been doing warhammer 40k and whfb, but since i have been on cool mini i have seen \"warmachine\" im sorry for being such a noob, but i would like to know whats its all about. any pic examples too?
    thanks, tim:D

go to www.privateerpress.com

its the main site...basically the warmachine asepct is steampunk meets d&d. the game is fun but plays using a card system and army selection.

hordes is the counterpart to the game and works fully with the warmachine game. imo hordes plays better and the models are much nicer.

convertibility is hard since ALL MODELS are metal.

hope it helps.

thanks, im interested in mainly the painting aspect, as i am starting to experiment with rusting with nmm! im loving it. one of my favourites is mixing gw enchanted blue and gw snot green really watered down over gold or brass! try it, it good.:cool:

Blog Entries

Originally posted by uberdark
    the game is fun but plays using a card system
    Not sure where you got that idea... Warmachine and Hordes both use dice just like most other games (d6 in fact). The cards have all the unit\'s info on them, but it\'s the same stuff that\'s in the unit\'s profile in the rule books. You do use the cards to record damage on some multi-wound characters and \'jacks and \'beasts.

\"Plays using a card system\" makes it sound like you use the cards to resolve effects, which is not true; you roll dice just like most games. Just wanted to make sure that was clear.

convertibility is hard since ALL MODELS are metal.
    There\'s a lot of debate on that. Some say it\'s easier to convert metal models; some say it\'s easier to convert plastic. Depends on what you\'re more familiar in working with, I suppose.

thanks, thats helpful, i have looked on the pp-website, and i like the mercenary warjack nomad. i was wondering if anyone knows where to get one in the uk?

thanks, thats helpful, i have looked on the pp-website, and i like the mercenary warjack nomad. i was wondering if anyone knows where to get one in the uk?

Originally posted by daemon boy
    thanks, im interested in mainly the painting aspect, as i am starting to experiment with rusting with nmm! im loving it. one of my favourites is mixing gw enchanted blue and gw snot green really watered down over gold or brass! try it, it good.:cool:
    check out my troll impaler in nmm....i used rust effect on the spear and was pretty happy with the effect.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/166751

later on.

I usually use one of these two places to get my Warmachine/Hordes stuff (nowhere local stocks it right now).

http://www.wargamesworkshop.co.uk/
    ^these guys also do the P3 paints from Privateer - AWESOME paint!

http://www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk/
    ^these guys do Anima minis too, check those out while you\'re there.

Hope that helps!

check out my troll impaler in nmm....i used rust effect on the spear and was pretty happy with the effect.
    thats really nice, did you stipple browns and oranges?, cos thats really neat!

I usually use one of these two places to get my Warmachine/Hordes stuff (nowhere local stocks it right now).
    i looked on arcane, and i am rather tempted by the \'trollbloods\' i would like to challenge myself by painting tartan!- how big is the \'dire troll blitzer\'?

The Dire Trolls are pretty much WH40k Sentinel to Dreadnought sized.
    Same goes for most of the large-based Privateer stuff, eg Heavy Warjacks, Legion Carnivean, Skorne Titans.

cool, i was just wondering, as there isnt a scale reference!

yeah, the scale for all PP models is 30mm.

There are three different sizes of bases for warmachine:

small - 30mm (basically a 40k base with a 2mm rim around the edge).
    medium - 40mm
    large - 50mm

(if someone would like to double-check my numbers, I\'d be obliged).

The dire trolls are all on large bases, while the rest are on medium.

That might help with the scale of the pictures. PP minis are all 30mm scale- the same as GW minis. Although I think GW officially does 28mm. Anyway, they\'re the same size.