Miniature Mentor releases The Complete Guide to Miniature Painting DVD. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miniature Mentor releases The Complete Guide to Miniature Painting DVD.

It seems as if some people are having an issue with some of the downloads. We are adressing the issue immediatley and we appreciate your patience. The site should be up and running again by 1:00am EST.

To download the files without any problems we reccommend the following procedure.

1. do not use a download manager. You must click the individual files one after the other once they have finished downloading.

2. do not click the download link and then cancel. The server considers this as an attempt to download the file and will expire the link. Make sure before you click the link that you are ready to download and that you know where you are going to download the file. We will try to resolve this issue in the future.

again if there are any problems we will be more than happy to resend the link to you.

I have just started watching the sections of the dvd I have downloaded and it is looking good.

Definitely worth the $30 for an average to poor painter like myself.

Miniaturementor...any updates on the server? I am desperate to get my hands on the sections I couldn\'t download as they were the ones I wanted most (flesh and cloth).

Sorry for the impatience :D (it is my day off and I was hoping for some time to give the techniques a go).

Every thing is up and running. The eyes file that everyone seemed to be having trouble should be okay now. We have also updated the instructions on how to download the files without hassle.

The eyes file was the only one giving me trouble.
    I am downloading the new file right now.

great support, thanks

I asked about the subscription service and was told...

\"Thanks for your interest, however since the subsription service is causing a lot of problems for our back-end programmers we have decided to suspend that service indefinately. Instead we will be releasing our future downloadable videos at greatly reduced prices.\"

Default Codecs

Hey guys/girls I just signed up for an account on CMON, though I\'ve been lurking around here on and off for a couple of years now. I haven\'t painted too many minis in my time yet, but I think I\'m going to start putting a little more time into this hobby. Anyways, long story short; I\'ve purchased these Miniature Mentor videos and as everyone has been saying the quality is great! I think my painting will definately improve in the near future. I too have gotten a download error for the video \"eyes\" but customer service was great and I\'ve already been able to re-download it.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up who is downloading the video files and would like to use Windows Media Player instead of Quicktime, personally I don\'t like Quicktime and prefer to use WMP if only for the fact that I\'ve already got it installed (and I loathe Macs :P) Do yourself a favour and search google for \"CCCP\", then click the first link. I\'m in no way affiliated with this website nor do I know much about them, but I\'ve scanned the installer with BitDefender and it is virus free. After you install this codec pack you\'ll be able to view .mp4 files in WMP as well as A LOT of other video and audio formats.

Any chance getting a downloadable version of the DVD cover for people who use the download option and make their own DVD\'s?

Origineel geplaatst door matty1001
    Any chance getting a downloadable version of the DVD cover for people who use the download option and make their own DVD\'s?
    I second his request !

I got the eyes file without any problems the second time, so I am all complete

Just for clearification, we are doing everything to get our subscription service working. ($30 first month - $5.00 additional months). But becuase of compatability issues with our service providers it is going to take some time. Once it is up and running we will send a link to everyone who has purchased the first tutorial ($30). That will allow them to skip the first lump-sum payment and only be charged the reoccuring monthly fee.

Default DVD covers

It would be very nice to have the covers for the people who download the videos.

here is a DVD cover for download (aprox 1MB jpeg).

just copy and paste this URL into your adress bar.

http://www.miniaturementor.com/covers/Roduer_DVD_print.zip

Cheers.

Originally posted by miniaturementor
    Once it is up and running we will send a link to everyone who has purchased the first tutorial ($30). That will allow them to skip the first lump-sum payment and only be charged the reoccuring monthly fee.
    That is awesome. I debated not buying the DVD until the service was working, but couldn\'t wait.

I downloaded the entire series without problem, but then I\'ve got a fiber-optic connection here.

I\'ve watched about half the series and I have to say I REALLY like this one. I\'ve looked at some other DVDs available from sellers on eBay and this is FAR superior to any of them in terms of shot clarity and technique description. I\'ve been painting competitively for years and this actually taught me things - and no, I don\'t work for these guys either. I\'ll post back here when I finish the rest.

Just out of curiosity I went to the demonwinner website to see what pieces the teacher had done. Couldn\'t find anything sorting by first or last name.

Does anyone know what year/country the demons are from? Not that it\'s all that relevant but if I\'m going to take $30 out of my children\'s college fund I\'d like to see some examples of current work. lol

Zach

Hi everybody !
    I\'m Laurent Exposito Mas aka werwolf the painter of the wulfen in this dvd.
    First of all thanks for all the comments.It was technically really hard to do this tutorial , and I\' m very happy to see that it\'s interesting you !!
    And you can check my gallery to see my works ;)

Werwolf

Ps sorry for my approximative english
    :)

Just watched the first half and I am very pleased with the way everything is shown.

The camera is spot on, I can imagine it was very hard for Laurent but it sure made the film a joy to watch.

and don\'t worry about your English, you did a superb job explaining :yes:

I hope this wll help me get my painting on a higher level and can\'t wait for the rest of the series

Origineel geplaatst door miniaturementor
    here is a DVD cover for download (aprox 1MB jpeg).

just copy and paste this URL into your adress bar.

http://www.miniaturementor.com/covers/Roduer_DVD_print.zip

Cheers.
    cheers, now it\'s really complete :)

Has anybody had any success burning the download to DVD? I can\'t seem to do it. I tried converting the file in another program as well; that also fails. I\'m wondering if it\'s just some sort of copy protection.

I used Adobe\'s Premiere Elements to burn it, encoded it to Pal and burned it with no problem at all.

It can also create a menu for you if you want to choose sections of the tutorial.

Premiere will auto fit it on the media of your choice so I think it will even fit on one DVD but I used two DVD\'s so I would not lose quality over compression

Yeah, but that would entail buying Adobe Premier Elements, which would sort of negate saving $20 on the download.