How does chucky (from child\'s play) able kill people?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does chucky (from child\'s play) able kill people?

Default How does chucky (from child\'s play) able kill people?

i mean honestly. i was watching the thrid one today. dont ask. and i saw him do this elaborate scare tactic to finally kill this old man.

he was obviously using vietnamese guerrilla tactics. but the thing i dont get is how a simple little dart can incapacitate a man when it goes into his back.

possibly chucky has a working knowledge of reflexology and acupuncture .

bottom line is i dont know....

please discuss

because he is the secret son of Chuck Norris and we all know the power of the Norris!!!!!!

I think you\'ve missed the obvious question here.

How did someone get bankrolled to make THREE of these freakin movies?

Aren\'t there at least five?

Really dumb movies... At least other generic horror bad guys are mean, but also BIG and STRONG, and generally have the ability to teleport at will, since no matter how fast the screaming, crying, scantily clad chick runs, they are always right around the next corner...

Originally posted by Ritual
    Seriously? I don\'t think I\'ve made it through one!!

I do like \'horror\' movies in general...but not slasher type flicks (which this seems to fall into).

Originally posted by supervike
    Seriously? I don\'t think I\'ve made it through one!!

I do like \'horror\' movies in general...but not slasher type flicks (which this seems to fall into).
    I think I\'ve seen the first one, but yes, these are particularly stupid films. There are the regular Child\'s Play 1-3 and then there are Bride of Chucky (from which I\'ve seen about 10 minutes) and Seed of Chucky, so at least 5 films.

ok ok ok people i get we hate the films, but lets try and wrap our minds around how a tiny 2 foot tall doll is able to kill adults, but inevitably is killed by a kid or even worse a teenager.

i mean come on man, george bush has a better chance of balancing the budget than chucky surviving a childs unbridled wrath.

weird world we live in.

hehe

The adults are rational beings, so they don\'t see him coming. The kids, however, they have imagination and they begin to see what Chuck is about so he can\'t catch them unawares and eventually they outsmart him.

There! :D Next question, please! lol In the mean time, let\'s continue discussing how much these films suck...

The adults are rational beings, so they don\'t see him coming. The kids, however, they have imagination and they begin to see what Chuck is about so he can\'t catch them unawares and eventually they outsmart him.

There! :D Next question, please! lol In the mean time, let\'s continue discussing how much these films suck...
    question #2: why does he always look like he\'s walking normally in the distance, but at close range it looks more like a doll. dont try and tell me its a midget or dwarf dressed like him, cause we know he is real.

:rolleyes:

He gets uncomfortable when he knows he\'s being filmed, so he moves a bit more stiffly near the camera. :]

What is the premise behind this doll?

Is he possessed or something?

I don\'t really remember.

EDIT: From IMDB...

Young Andy Barclay sees a commercial for a \'Good Guy\' doll on TV, and asks his mother for one for his birthday. At work, Andy\'s mom and her friend discover a peddler selling one for a low price, and she buys it. What she doesn\'t know is that the particular doll contains the spirit of Charles Lee Ray, aka \'The Lakeshore Strangler\', who died at the hands of police the night before and had transferred his spirit to the doll by voodoo. That night, Andy\'s babysitter is pushed from their 5th-floor window to her death, and only young Andy knows that \'Chucky\' - the doll - is responsible for that a death and a series of murders that follow. Worse than that, the soul of Charles Lee Ray is trying to get out of the doll\'s body - and take over Andy\'s...
    What a plot, eh? :rolleyes:

Ain\'t watched the first one is about 15 years but from what I recall he was some nut-job killer that was killed and then his soul possessed this kids doll.

I don\'t really remember.

EDIT: From IMDB...

Young Andy Barclay sees a commercial for a \'Good Guy\' doll on TV, and asks his mother for one for his birthday. At work, Andy\'s mom and her friend discover a peddler selling one for a low price, and she buys it. What she doesn\'t know is that the particular doll contains the spirit of Charles Lee Ray, aka \'The Lakeshore Strangler\', who died at the hands of police the night before and had transferred his spirit to the doll by voodoo. That night, Andy\'s babysitter is pushed from their 5th-floor window to her death, and only young Andy knows that \'Chucky\' - the doll - is responsible for that a death and a series of murders that follow. Worse than that, the soul of Charles Lee Ray is trying to get out of the doll\'s body - and take over Andy\'s...
    What a plot, eh? :rolleyes:
    So, I guess the moral of the story is to always buy directly from the source...never shop discount????

Not buying childrens products from dodgy geezers I would have said.

I agree it\'s all so ridiculous, I vaguely remember this one scene... oh yes: (it does contain profanity, fyi,)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfo9nx6mcdA
    It\'s so dumb, it really had me laughing.. I don\'t get where the doll gets the momentum while she is holding him to knock her over... oh please don\'t hit me with your plush hands! ouch~ If you couldn\'t kick it, then use some golf clubs or something, get a little practice on your swing if he keeps coming back :D

:yawn:Slasher flick :yawn:

Isn\'t there some kind of voodoo ritual
    involved in his coming back as the doll?

As to how a doll can overpower someone holding him up, he supposedly has the full strength of his original body crammed into that doll.

Coming soon to a theatre near you:
    Chucky vs. Pinhead

Freddy vs. Jason\'s been done. This is the next inevitable conflict.

Blog Entries

In the words of Doug Henning -

\"Its MAAAAAGGGGIIIICCCC!\"