Hot tea brands - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot tea brands

Originally posted by freakinacage
    @dr - it\'s now later. why are you so fussy about tea?
    Tim you missed this, but :-

However due to health reasons I\'ve reduced my caffine intake dramatically (Menieres Syndrome) so after one or two Darjeeling in the morning I \'ve switched to Redbush (Roobios) & Vanilla or Redbush and Honey dependant on whats available.

Meneres is (especially in my case) affected by High Caffine levels. Which is why I\'ve dropped to Low Caffine drinks and reduced the amount of Coffee I drink. (and at one time I used to drink a 1.5 Litre Flask of Black Aribica (sp?) Coffee per day).

Stangely enough as someone asked I can drink milk on it\'s own in very small quantities or have it with Cereal.
    Most people of my generation will recall that we were given a Half Pint of Milk at School and were not allowed to refuse it. Un-refrigerated, Full Fat Milk standing in a Classroom in Summer. You can guess the result some days. :D :|~
    (But mostly my milk intake now is through my weekly indulgance of a Mocha at my local Coffee house. {Rhode Island Coffee in Bolton, a non franchise Coffee House who deal with Fairtrade goods exclusivley} Not that I\'m advertising or anything :D)

@Reverend...A Caffine intolerance and you used to be a Coffee Roaster (or was it Barista/Manager) Hell that sucks!.

@Supervike: there\'s a company in the UK who do a Ginger Tea intended specifically for being made as an Iced Tea. They recommend either a Small amount of Honey or a Cube of Unrefined sugar.

I can remember one of my grandmothers occasionally having Salt in her tea in the traditional Jewish manner.

For me its tea that is strong enough to strip my minis in no milk no sugar and a choc digestive to dunk in that bad boy!!!!

I have been trying to wean myself off of carbonated \"soft drinks\" and have been pretty successful using chilled tea as an alternative (still need to feed my caffeine addiction).

We just brew about a liter or so of tea every few days, pop it in the fridge, and I drink that instead of the soft drinks. Currently I am using Irish Breakfast tea as the base - usually 3 bags of that plus another bag of something with a distinct flavor (mint, lemon, green tea, etc.). So far my favorite combination has been Irish + Orange Pekoe.

Anyone else know any good combinations?

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    I ADORE tea, and it MUST be served the British way - lots of sugar and even more cream.
    We\'ve had this discussion before Cream is NOT mean to go in tea. :|~

Yes, yes, yes. Somewhere over the pond the term changed meaning. Here in the colonies what us called half and half is what we also call cream. And BTW, it\'s tomAto.....HA!!

and doesn\'t need either sugar or milk (Please take note Shawn).

GAK!! Tea is like vanilla - with sugar and CREAM it\'s delightful nectar of the gods. Without I have to use pliars to get my lips out of the back of my head!!

it.)[/i]

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

it\'s raining with a strong cold wind blowing...... I think I\'ll have a mug of orange spice tea with a healthy glob of honey with lunch. :D

iced tea is a must for those hot SOCAL summers....I like adding a splash of fruit juice to the tea for a different flavor.

I must be one of the luckiest bunnies round here for tea - I tend to buy tea leaves while I am in India and enjoy them over here. Incredibly cheap and tastes divine.

If I run out or don\'t have any with me, I buy twinings english breakfast, but to be honest I would rather drink coffee

Shaz

dont you get funny looks going through customs with a big bag of dried leaves???

Only the time I bought a big bag of catnip lol

BTW (and slightly on topic) - had some sleepy tea containing valerian - and not realising cats like valerian - put the tea bag on the side. Looked round to see one of my neighbours cats licking the tea bag and then trying to climb inside the empty tea cup (as a big ginger tom he didn\'t do too well there...)

Didn\'t know cats liked valerian till then!

Shaz

If you\'re going for super-expensive, once-in-a-blue-moon tea, then I recommend Starbucks\' Chai Latte tea (Tastes even better made with Soya milk)

But generally speaking... Tetley or PG :)

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    I ADORE tea, and it MUST be served the British way - lots of sugar and even more cream.
    Since when was that the British way.

Cream does not go in tea. It just doesn\'t happen. Milk is the way to go and even then you don\'t have much.

Also a good cup of tea should not have sugar in.

-T-

I have wanted to grow tea here at home and looked extensively and cant seem to find anywhere to buy seeds or starts. Anyone know where I can get Camilla Senensis?

These seem to sell it, and looks like they ship to the US:
    https://camellia-sinensis.com/shopping/

Blog Entries

Originally posted by treide
    I have been trying to wean myself off of carbonated \"soft drinks\" and have been pretty successful using chilled tea as an alternative (still need to feed my caffeine addiction).

We just brew about a liter or so of tea every few days, pop it in the fridge, and I drink that instead of the soft drinks. Currently I am using Irish Breakfast tea as the base - usually 3 bags of that plus another bag of something with a distinct flavor (mint, lemon, green tea, etc.). So far my favorite combination has been Irish + Orange Pekoe.

Anyone else know any good combinations?
    Like I said, I generally stick to the store brand version of Liptons for a base, and then add either Orange Spice, Mint, Spearmint, Raspberry, or Blueberry depending on what mood I was in when I bought the last tea at the store. Works out pretty well for me, and I usually drink it afore the weekend is over (usually all day saturday will wipe out the half galleon I make) - course you got to watch the Raspberry - tends to work as a diruetic. lol

Found just what I\'m looking for. Tea seeds and seedlings.

http://www.camforest.com/seeds.html

Originally posted by Dragonsreach

@Reverend...A Caffine intolerance and you used to be a Coffee Roaster (or was it Barista/Manager) Hell that sucks!.

I was all of the above, and it does indeed suck! One of those things though I suppose. At least I\'m not intolerant when it come to ale yet :D That\'ll be a truly horrible day... :o

@rev
    Have you tried roiboos?

Aye, I drink it on and off and used to drink a lot of it, but I prefer milk with my tea so I use decaf. I\'ve become used to it now. I have a cup of proper tea or a coffee very occasionally after a meal and a few wines as it gets absorbed very slowly. It\'s nice to push the boat out :D

I love tea.
    Black Tea and Herbal Tea for Work.

My favourite is Japanese Green Tea, luckily I have a connection to get the good ones straight from Japan.

That green tea powder mentioned earlier is called \"Macha\". Its not easy to get the right mix and it depends even on the season (winter more water, summer stronger). And hell, its expensive. Paid about 50Euro for a So-So quality one at a specializied tea shop in Shizuoka (and don\'t want to even think how much it would cost here in Austria).
    So I just make it when tea interested guests are at my place. But its pure tea extascy.

side note: I personally think tea with sugar and cream/milk is a crime...

Well, I have four coffee pots and would rather drink cold coffee (yuk!) most days than hot tea but then I\'ve been considered a little strange that way. If my coffee/blood ratio becomes too balanced then it\'s just bad for everyone involved.

On the rare occasions that I drink hot tea for the lesser amount of caffeine involved.. I tend to drink Twinning\'s English or Irish Breakfast. With the occasional China Black Chai. Best tea I ever tasted was the bulk tea I purchased when I was in Bangalore, India in \'05. Even with my aversion to tea, it didn\'t last a month with me back in the states.

Oh.. and just for the record. 1/2 and 1/2 is NOT cream. The closest we can get to cream here in the states.. unless you\'re near a dairy farm is what they\'ve packaged as Whipping Cream. Trust me.. I have it every day in my coffee :P I\'ll give up many things but not the perfect cup of coffee with real cream and sugar.

My wife like Tetley. But we have Lipton, Jasmine (some Chinese brand), Earl Greay (Twinnings and Tetley) Chai, and
    Rooibo.

But nothing beats orange peaco.Iced and sweetened please. I was raised in the South United States after all.:)