Check out the new GW skeletons! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Check out the new GW skeletons!

am i the only one who seems to be a bit miffed that the price for ten of these guys is $22. that means i am spending $44 for a regiment of twenty.... when the last ones were $35. i just dont get GW\'s prices sometimes. at times they hit it right on and other times they jack em\' up.

yay, they dont look like empire guys with skelly suits on.

in other words they are now the same size as an empire dude, not a foot taller.

yay skeelies!

rosac

may i have a link to the pretty bloodletters please?

rosac

Originally posted by QuietiManes
    I liked the old wolves better. I liked what they tried to do with the new wolves, that is, make them look undead, but they missed the mark and made them just look like chaos hounds.

They are very nice.

But I have one small problem with them, they have a horn for a musician but no way of blowing it.

Thats the only gripe I have.
    And yet, a skelleton walking around, with glowing eyes, wreaking havoc in the name of some unholy necromancer, swinging a sword around, is all fine and normal. It always makes me laugh when things like this bother people. lol The one out of a thousand things that are \"wrong\" in any given Fantasy scene. Most people will probably agree it seems odd but how many people would agree a talking skelleton also seems odd? Speech requires breath too...uh, yeah, it\'s just weird what triggers a reaction sometimes.
    I think it is a little odd it bothers me, its weird, but it just does.

And I personally don\'t see skeletons talking, they just see them being silent autonomous beings completely under the will of the vampire, and the horn just seems to ruin that for me. I think having a drum would be much more intimidating, to have it beating in time to the skeletons foot steps.

Just my thoughts, strange as they are.

-T-

but they played bagpipes and pipes in Army of darkness.....

As for the price Uber it is steepish but I guess the overheads come into play I mean the machines to cut one sprue cost over £100 000 each that\'s just the machine that cuts the mould then there\'s the CAD design machines , the design development and creation , The materials cost not to mention all the people involved in each of these stages.The shipping and packing of the finished product. The wages of staff that sell them and the rents of the buildings they are all in.
    .. The problem is with the scale of GW there aren\'t many cheap options I mean with people alone even an idea is costly..

I think it\'s where Smaller operations win out they can always compete on price and even quality but no-one comes close to scale and unfortunately that costs...and the only way to get that back is from us....

I\'d rather pay for the cost of a box like this with tons of options and extra bits than buy 2 packs of reaper metal ones at $26

I don\'t know man. I mean, they are head and shoulders above some of the older incarnations of GW plastic skeletons. But they don\'t do it for me, you know?

I agree that GW plastics are the best plastics out there, but I really don\'t think this box can compete with some of the metal minis out there. GW has slipped in the past decade or so, and they really haven\'t gotten back on the ball again.

Oh, and the musician in a skeliton unit should Totally have a fiddle!

They\'re crap. Skellies are almost always crap in this scale - you just can\'t make the bones fine enough to get them to scale.

I still prefer the 80\'s plastic ones I think. At least they weren\'t covered in loads of crap detailing.

They\'re better looking than those ridiculous Egyptian-looking crap piles they brought out a while ago. I\'m waiting for some decent lead to come through though, as the look isn\'t that bad. I may pick up that brush yet!

YES! My spearhead srrived today to m LGS (so I don\'t have to pay value added tax):D:D:D:D:D:D Ima go collect it later :D

Squig

Originally posted by rosac
    may i have a link to the pretty bloodletters please?
    New plastic GW bloodletters(the swords are especially nice) and skulltaker:

http://www.tabletopwelt.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=48646&d=1203438805

http://www.tabletopwelt.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=48645&d=1203438805

http://www.tabletopwelt.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=48647&d=1203438838

Those Bloodletters aren\'t too clever to my eyes!

There is a quite cool log of the new Undead here: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128867

Squig

I they look pretty cool, a bit hard to judge from the photos though. Will wait until I can see them IRL to pass a judgement.

I have a question.

Has anyone ever notice that almost all of skeleton miniatures from the various companies are sculpted without clothing? Why is that? Do necromancers only like to raise the corpses of nudists? I know most material will decay faster than bone but still...

Gives you a different thought to undead armies now doesn\'t it? All of the skeletons were naked people when they died!

Thought for the day.

Clothes rot mate;) and in order for them to have rotted enough to be skeletons, the clothes would have rotted long ago.

Squig

Originally posted by squig hunter
    Clothes rot mate;) and in order for them to have rotted enough to be skeletons, the clothes would have rotted long ago.

Squig
    No, not really! Skin and flesh rot and decompose a lot sooner than fabrics. In fact, many ancient remains have been found with traces of clothing in abundance. It depends on where it\'s been buried.

I suppose, but even so a moist festering battlefield should speed up the process:)

Squig

Zombies are the animated corpses of the recently deceased but Skeletons always tend to be the remains of long dead warriors. Way back when these guys were alive the armies of many cultures took to the battlefield wearing very little in the way of clothing. There do appear to be more in the way of scraps of cloth stuck to these guys than in previous incarnations, the Graveguard still have robes on.

Besides it would be quite difficult to tell that they were skellies if they were fully clothed.

Originally posted by Undave
    Besides it would be quite difficult to tell that they were skellies if they were fully clothed.
    But you could avoid the problems with overly thick bones that Spacemunkie mentioned. You could have torn, half-rotted clothes hanging over the bones exposing the bone here and there.

I don\'t think there is so much more of a scale issue here then with many other of the hero-scaled miniatures.