Mirror affect

Thread: Mirror affect

Default Mirror affect

i was wondering how people do this because im painting a nightbringer this way. Any tips or messages will be more than welcome. I want his body to look entirely like a mirror

I\'d have to say I wouldn\'t as you would have to know what he was reflecting at every angle. How about silver leafing him and polishing him up?

Shaz

By mirror effect do you perchance mean SENMM? Like as on chrome? Because that\'s doable. An actual mirror would be much harder as Shaz said.

This article should help senmm

they did an article on how he was painted in wd

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Here is a beautiful example of SENMM

Kay Finn\'s Axeman

Well i guess thats what i mean.. not sure what the painting technique is called or white dwarf it is in. Just wondering how its done

A good way to bluff it without figuring out every single imagined detail in the environment that you want to have reflected on the mini is to make the mirrored surface (chrome for example) reflect the sky and the ground. Hence the nomenclature of SENMM.

If you do your base in a basic ground color like green, for grass, or brown for earth, then you have a nice starting point to work from.

The object that your are painting mirrored can be reflecting the color of the ground on any surface that is facing that direction, then you can paint in a nice sky gradient on any surface that is facing upwards towards the sky.

So in simplest terms, you will end up with two gradients that you\'ll be painting on any area of the mini this is to appear as a mirror type material: One gradient will be the colors that you have chosen for your base, or ground color, and the other gradient will be that of a sky color, typically an azure blue fading into white, and for the grass, a greenish hue fading into dark green or grey or any other color you would like to see there.

An example of this simplified technique can be seen here on the staff and skeletons of this mini I painted awhile back: http://www.coolminiornot.com/140023

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Originally posted by Lacfoot3
    Well i guess thats what i mean.. not sure what the painting technique is called or white dwarf it is in. Just wondering how its done
    Check out the articles section. There are at least 2 on senmm and several on nmm.
    (in case nobody has said, SENMM = Sky Earth Non Metalic Metalic = fake chrome) (NMM = Non Metalic Metalic = metals without using metalic paints)