Wooden Display Bases
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wooden Display Bases

Default Wooden Display Bases

Hey Everyone,

I was just at Reaper HQ stopping in for paint club and Anne and Jen showed me some really nice wooden plinths for display pieces. Hopefully I\'ll get some information from Jen but she said the shop doesn\'t have a website and she got them at a historicals show.

So, that said, does anyone know of a good place to get some really really nice display bases? These were some of the nicest, smoothest ones I\'ve seen and just a nice base cost $4.75 and then the plinth cost $9. Not too shabby if you ask me.

there is usualy a few traders at historical shows elling top quality plinths.

have a chat with jeff, if he can\'t sort you out himself he will probably know some one who can meg.

my recomendations would cost you too much due to the traders being in the uk.

Jen Probably piked them up at the MMSI show in chicago last October. Shows like that have many sellers that show up with such things.

Many times the stuff is made overseas or in South America. I can turn bases but not that cheap..

Yeah . . . they were really really nicely done too. Just beautiful in terms of color and the smoothest finish ever!

These are very nice but I don\'t know how smooth the ones you saw were.

http://www.woodenbases.co.uk/plinth_bases.php

Shipping to the US would be quite expensive though :~(

Thanks for the heads up squids. Yeah the ones that Jen and Anne had today were beautiful. I emailed Jen to remind her to email me the contact to see if I can do a phone order. I\'d like a few pretty soon, like in the next month for entries I need to start painting.

Newbie, please be gentle geaugan's Avatar

I am going to venture a guess she got them from Ken Thomas at Thomas Art Bases. He was at Chicago. His bases are fantastic and he does custom work.. Unfortunately he does not have a website. Do a search and I think you will find an e-mail for him

If you want something nicer than a basic square, Jeff does great work. I have a number of his bases and have always been happy with the result.

Zach

Originally posted by geaugan
    I am going to venture a guess she got them from Ken Thomas at Thomas Art Bases. He was at Chicago. His bases are fantastic and he does custom work.. Unfortunately he does not have a website. Do a search and I think you will find an e-mail for him
    Yup that\'s who it was. She sent me the contact info for him. I emailed him this weekend so hopefully I\'ll hear back soon. I mean if his prices still stand (I saw the price tags on the bases Jen and Anne had) I\'d gladly drop $100 for a whole shipment of bases. They were saweet yo!

If / when you get them... can you post some pics? ;)

mm hmm sure can. They are really really purdy!

I likey pics of purdy things :drool:

Originally posted by squidders
    I likey pics of purdy things :drool:
    Don\'t we all.

Sounds like you\'ve hit a good base producer Meg. I\'m trying to turn my own and so far I\'ve been very good at making sawdust.

Sawdust bases... cool. Is that the new thing? I\'m really trying to stay \"in\" in this business.

I need to get me a lathe. This would be a good reason to do so!

Get a huge CNC mill instead so you can do square or any other shape too lol

Originally posted by CrookedEye
    If you want something nicer than a basic square, Jeff does great work. I have a number of his bases and have always been happy with the result.
    But even Jeff\'s basic cubes are great. I have a hand full of different sizes and i\'m well impressed.

Wow! great pics matty! they really are nice! :P