vallejo

Thread: vallejo

Default vallejo

they have the vallejo paints here. and last time i needed paint i was going to pick some up. however the paint inside the bottle looked all dried up and like it was in big flakey botches. there was deffinatly liquid inside however when i shook them up to see it better it didnt seem to make much difference... is this normal? ive heard lots about vallejo and would like to get some next time i need some paints :bouncy:

Over a period of time Vallejo paints can seperate and they need a very good shaking before use. By this I mean a really good shake, depending on the last time they were used it may need shaking for up to 5 minutes but ggenerally they are worth it.

Originally posted by War Griffon
    By this I mean a really good shake,
    a REALLY GOOD SHAKE!

Put them in a container and place them on the dryer. (It only actually worked once, but it DID work and took over an hour). This won\'t do a full mix job but should loosen up the thicker stuff, making shaking MUCH easier later.

Originally posted by Thunderhawker
    Put them in a container and place them on the dryer. (It only actually worked once, but it DID work and took over an hour). This won\'t do a full mix job but should loosen up the thicker stuff, making shaking MUCH easier later.
    An hour! Crivvens! :o

And to think how often GW\'s paints get a caning...
    However, I guess the Vallejo\'s could be good for further enhancing the old biceps...

It is not so much a case of Canning them, they just need a good shake from time to time as opposed to GW drying up completely beyond shaking.

Oh and by the way I still use GW as well as Vallejo and other makes :D

Originally posted by War Griffon
    It is not so much a case of Canning them, they just need a good shake from time to time as opposed to GW drying up completely beyond shaking.

Oh and by the way I still use GW as well as Vallejo and other makes :D
    No, I actually meant GW\'s paints get caned, ie get a bad rep. I just found it funny that Vallejo\'s were supposed to be the doyen of all things \'painty\' but seems they can have as many probs as the next lot.

Nearly switched to Vallejo at the time of the horrendous GW hexagonal lid debacle but since the advent of the flip-top I\'ve had no probs. It\'s availability more than anything else. Just like being able to go into a store and pick up what I need. Vallejo\'s are still not that readily available.

i\'ve no axe to grind, just found it amusing the notion of having to shake a paintpot for an hour...

Originally posted by Logan
    ...just found it amusing the notion of having to shake a paintpot for an hour...
    That is definitely not necessary. If it\'s really badly separated it may need a minute or two of really (that is REALLY) good shaking, but usually I just shake them for 10-15 seconds before using them and have no problems.

Of course, I just break out the coffee stirs I \"acquired\" from starbucks, pop the dropper off, and stir the dang things.

Note: I actually got the stirs for P3 metallics. You want to talk about something that separates? Good Lord.

Originally posted by Thunderhawker
    Of course, I just break out the coffee stirs I \"acquired\" from starbucks, pop the dropper off, and stir the dang things.
    Go to Caffe Nero they are a \"Real Fairtrade\" coffee supplier. Plus their stirrers are better :)
    I too find that 10-15 seconds shaking does the trick for Vallejo with the exception of \"Smoke\" which I always find needs a great deal longer.

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    I too find that 10-15 seconds shaking does the trick for Vallejo with the exception of \"Smoke\" which I always find needs a great deal longer. [/color]
    Oh aye to that. And even if you get it out of the bottle relatively smooth, you still have to remix it on your pallette periodically.