ork kommando uber update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ork kommando uber update

Default ork kommando uber update

so this is my first ork in two years. i am pretty happy with it and am using nmm techniques on him. i plan on adding a \"bullseye\" on the chaos guy like its been spray paint. let me know what you think
    :D

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

I\'m liking the bolta bandelerro and the skin tones. The ork\'s face does not seem to have any life in it yet. More work on the eyes.

the rust effect looks awesome

what about that chaos guy? is he supposed to be unconscious? Then it seems there\'s still life in his neck, because his head is positioned like he\'s standing upright. The rest of his body looks properly positioned

great work

Originally posted by Corvus
    the rust effect looks awesome

what about that chaos guy? is he supposed to be unconscious? Then it seems there\'s still life in his neck, because his head is positioned like he\'s standing upright. The rest of his body looks properly positioned

great work
    corvus: thats the exact effect i am looking for. newly impaled.

airhead: just put on the head and am working on the highlights. was thinking aobut using some purple highlights on the lip area. not sure though.

general question: could this be considered for the \"duel\" category at gamesday?

I think this absolutly should go in the duel catagory. This makes for a much more interesting and original composition than the standard duel.

One thing my eye is picking out, and it might just be the photo angles, is that the marine seems really high off the ground. I\'m not sure how the orc would have got him up there. Perhaps if the marine were on a slightly smaller tree this would better show the interaction between the two models and enhance the story of the scene. Like I said, it could be the photo but it seems like the CSM is awfully high off the ground.

Your rusty NMM work is really nice on this model. This orc looks dead \'ard, like he could duff a CSM... nice job.

Can\'t wait to see more.

Originally posted by uberdark
    corvus: thats the exact effect i am looking for. newly impaled.
    If he is newly impaled, should both arms be grabbing the tip of the branch, instead of hanging down? it seems more natural and intense that way, if the guy is still consious.

FLL

I think this won\'t qualify as a duel in a Golden Demon competition, simply because the two miniatures aren\'t fighting each other. I remember that story from a guy who got disqualified for that. His duel pictured a tyranid sneaking up on a space marine.

But you could be lucky of course, it all depends on the judges..

I think this would work better if the tree was below the ork and the ork was on a plateau or something above it - as mentioned it\'s a little high and the ork doesn\'t seem to be actually interacting much - looks a bit incidental :)

DAMN nice ork though so far Uber :)

If you wanted to make it into a bit more of a duel you could reposition the marine slightly so he\'s looking down at the ork and move his gun so that it\'s aiming at the back of the orks head. Have the ork looking at a grot like the lookout gnoblar from the ogre command sprue so his attention is not on the marine and call it \"Not as dead as you thought\" or something.

The painting, as ever, is top notch. My only other criticism is that the chainmail on the marine seems to stick out a bit where it should hang down, it could just be the angle though. Similarly the feet could do with repositioning so as not to look like they are supposed to be mounted on a base.

I think this won\'t qualify as a duel in a Golden Demon competition, simply because the two miniatures aren\'t fighting each other. I remember that story from a guy who got disqualified for that. His duel pictured a tyranid sneaking up on a space marine.

But you could be lucky of course, it all depends on the judges..
    That wasnt \"A Guy\" That was Victoria lamb.
    Heres a link <<<LINK>>>

I agree about the hieght thing. I think it needs to be on a shorter tree otherwise I think the pose is spot on. Its a grey area as to weather this would be a dual or not tho. In OZ they have scrapped dual and just made a dioramo cat.

Good luck.

thanks for the comments guys on the mini. i think i will knock it down a notch....or even redo the entire piece, with exception of the ork which i like thus far. any ideas?

i was thinking of actually having a grot on top of the space marine originally with a can of spray paint and a big bullseye painted on him. what ya think of that?

what about that chaos guy? is he supposed to be unconscious? Then it seems there\'s still life in his neck, because his head is positioned like he\'s standing upright.
    Well his armour could be holding it up...

Anyway I agree the tree is way too tall. The ork couldn\'t really have climbed it while holding that marine, IMO.

i understand what you guys are saying but i imagined the ork actually throwing him up into the air.

ok quick question...what color should i paint his pants? i dont want brown since other parts are brown. his shirt is red and i cant seem to think of a good color.

help please

I find grey tends to work quite well on orks, especially kommandos.

ok so i am almost done with my ork....here is the dilemma, i am trying to find a character to put behind him that is coming to destroy the ork. basically what i am going to do is put a character with a big bullseye spray painted onto his chest and the little grot above my ork is going to be holding a spray can. so the guy with the spray paint is going to obviously going to be ticked off. my question is which model should i use? cause i honestly cant find one yet.

any ideas would be greatly and i mean GREATLY appreciated.

thanks

edit: i also just thought of putting a kick me sign on his back to. the ork or the other guy?

Possibly have the grot running past, or tugging on, the Kommando and have a T\'d off Flash Git with a big X on his back. The Flash Git is sighting down his custom shoota at the grot, don\'t mess with my snazzy duds. The angry Flash Git is about to step on a land mine that the Kommando had just got done installing...

Or the grot could be bringing up a box of pizza.

a bit of an update on my ork.. took a few days off with the flu. let me know what ya think.

thanks

uber

The NMM is aces, and the green on the body and arms is looking nice. The face needs some smoothing I think. And bit more glow on the cherry of the stogie. Where do orks get stogies anyway?

... Tobacco fields ...? :D lol