neighbors that drive you crazy - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: neighbors that drive you crazy

The main problem that I have is that we rescued both of our dogs, the big one from an animal shelter that he had been in for two months because he was already an adult, and the other we rescued after he had been left tied to a tree and abandoned. It was pretty obvious that they had both been abused and neglected, and our big dog has separation anxiety. So, they don\'t have the perfect background, and one has an actual problem with being left alone. It\'s not anything any amount of training can cure, we just make sure he gets plenty of love and attention and leave some kong toys with puppy treats or frozen peanut butter in them when we leave to help keep them occupied.

Blog Entries

We have a 15 lb maine coon kitten with separation anxiety - not fun in the middle of the night. And yes, I know he\'s gonna be a monster kitty.:rolleyes:

15lb can not be considered a kitten....start thinking cub instead

Shaz

Blog Entries

Oh no, according to the vet he\'s a kitten. And will be one for another year at least - and thats with out taking into consideration that he was neutered early, which will make him act like he\'s a kitten for oh, 3 - 5 more years - so when he hits full growth, somewhere between 25 and 40 pounds, its gonna be real fun.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Originally posted by fieldarchy
    I fully agree Spazzy that that is more of a training issue.

I have a westie and that breed is known for being very active and enjoys barking. Mine is a quiet couch potato for the most part but loves going on walks. Otherwise he\'s a chill dog that really doesn\'t bark unless something is wrong.

That\'s good training. He didn\'t used to be so well behaved. Not by a long shot!
    We were blessed with one for 16 years. She was one of the best dogs I\'ve ever had. Never needed a leash. She followed right behind me - to the point I\'d lose her, turn around and still not find her - she would move around behind me as I turned.
    Escape artist. Would dig out of a huged fenced yard to be sitting on the front porch in the morning.
    Only thing she barked at was uniforms. Military, postal, UPS, didn\'t matter. She did not think they needed to be around the house.

Yup Duffy is my shadow. I trip over him all the time as we waits patiently for something. He\'s really bad about being my shadow in the kitchen! good thing there is space there now but he\'s always standing behind me in hopes that food will \"fall\" his way.

He really doesn\'t bark at anything other than someone knocking at the door. Though he gets very possessive when a new person tries to hug me or get close to me in any way.

how could you not love this cute little white face? He was the last dog in the pen at the rescue shelter. I couldn\'t leave him!