my first laptop!

Thread: my first laptop!

Default my first laptop!

I am so excited, I just got my first laptop! I\'m sure it\'s obvious that I\'m way behind the power curve, especially since I just bought my first digicam a little over a year ago.

My new laptop rocks! Thanks, Airhead, for helping us get the wireless up and running. :D

Anybody else ever use a Toshiba Qosmio?

\'Elo Tosh - Gotta Toshiba? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9aL3G-HI0s

Originally posted by SJB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9aL3G-HI0s

damn that takes me back!!

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Spazzy, glad to have you on.. good to \'meet\' you and your dad.

Enjoy the portability :) I still have a desktop system, but I think that my next PC may be a laptop. I\'m frankly sick of \"The Computer\" being this monolithic installation in my house that takes up a whole desk and can only be used in one place. Bad paradigm :(

Blog Entries

Got both at Casa Steelcult we does -

Yep Laptops are easier to manage. I\'m typing this on an old but reliable Toshiba.
    Since setting up the wireless network in the house it\'s a lot more comfortable to sit downstairs and surf. (Especially when I wake up at Stupid O\'Clock (Again) in the morning and don\'t want to disturb my wife.)
    Still need the desktop for printing and stuff.

I\'m a Mac man myself but at least you didn\'t buy a Dell. :drunk:

I\'m gonna be quitting my job soon because they made us buy Dell laptops. Sure it might be nuts but I can\'t deal with that Dell crud.

Can\'t say I\'ve ever owned a Toshiba because, as I mentioned, I\'m a Mac man. But I do have a lot of respect for Toshiba products and I would never own a TV made by any other company, in fact most of my consumer electronic products are made by Toshiba.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Did she say she was despirate? Can anyone imagine calling me for help?

I mean really....

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by MPJ

I\'m gonna be quitting my job soon because they made us buy Dell laptops. Sure it might be nuts but I can\'t deal with that Dell crud.

Can\'t say I\'ve ever owned a Toshiba because, as I mentioned, I\'m a Mac man. But I do have a lot of respect for Toshiba products and I would never own a TV made by any other company, in fact most of my consumer electronic products are made by Toshiba.
    Bit of an extreme reason to quit a job!

They aren\'t the best hardware wise, but they REALLY aren\'t the worst.

Shaz

Originally posted by Fizl
    Originally posted by MPJ

Bit of an extreme reason to quit a job!

They aren\'t the best hardware wise, but they REALLY aren\'t the worst.
    No that would be Elonex....now defunct

Shaz

Dont forget time and tiny :D

Shaz

Wonder what mr dury got for doing those ads.

OK, the Dell isn\'t the ONLY reason I\'m quitting, but I\'d rank it in the top 5 reasons. It\'s a hot topic amongst most of the IA (Investment Advisors) in the company, especially since we are forced to pay $2100 (when including the 3 year lease interest) for a laptop listed on Dell web site for $1500 and we could buy a different model with just as good specs for under $1000.

Originally posted by MPJ
    OK, the Dell isn\'t the ONLY reason I\'m quitting, but I\'d rank it in the top 5 reasons. It\'s a hot topic amongst most of the IA (Investment Advisors) in the company, especially since we are forced to pay $2100 (when including the 3 year lease interest) for a laptop listed on Dell web site for $1500 and we could buy a different model with just as good specs for under $1000.
    You are getting seriously ripped off.
    Our council has done a deal with HP and we get TheseBought in at £600-700 plus the cost of MS OFFICE.
    If you are being forced to purchase in the machines for your own work then you should have a say in protecting the business expenditures.