Squatters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Squatters

  1. #1

    Default Squatters



    Cheeky sod! :)
    Got his nest in my dad\'s garage :)

  2. #2

    Default

    It looks tasty, gonna cook it? :drunk:

  3. #3

    Default

    Cool! What kind of bird is that? I don\'t think I have seen that on this side of the pond.

  4. #4

    Default

    Originally posted by treide
    Cool! What kind of bird is that? I don\'t think I have seen that on this side of the pond.
    you get a similar bird with different markings, this is a european robin
    lol they do like to nest in cheeky places, there was one nesting in a flower pot at a garden centre where my mum worked.

  5. #5

    Default

    you lucky git.

    think of all the basing material it\'s collection for you!

  6. #6

    Default

    Sqeeee! He\'s so cute! I miss all the birds we have back in Wales.

    Generul: lol

  7. #7

    Default

    awww, he\'s so small, you\'d need a few to fill you up!

  8. #8

    Default

    Which part is the McNugget?

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by Thunderhawker
    Which part is the McNugget?
    The ass :).

  10. #10
    Superfreak!!! Sand Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    6,818
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Cheeky bugger could have nested in the car.

  11. #11
    Superfreak!!! lizcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Posts
    5,549
    Blog Entries
    29
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Yah, Yah. Cute. But as the victim of a herd of pigeons in my garage and a family full of men too lazy to care I feel you may not be pleased with the little bugger in about a month.

  12. #12
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,303
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Liz : It could be a lot worse..It could have been Bats.

  13. #13

    Default

    Yep, bats are a protected species so you are not allowed to eject them from your property and have to wait until they decide to move on of their own accord.

    A friends parents had them in the eaves of their house and only discovered them when they wanted to replace the wooden facia boards that were rotting away. They ended up waiting two years before the bats moved on and they could repair the roof/facia boards.

  14. #14
    Superfreak!!! Dragonsreach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bolton, Lancs, UK (A Geordie in Exile)
    Posts
    17,303
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Originally posted by War Griffon
    Yep, bats are a protected species so you are not allowed to eject them from your property and have to wait until they decide to move on of their own accord.

    A friends parents had them in the eaves of their house and only discovered them when they wanted to replace the wooden facia boards that were rotting away. They ended up waiting two years before the bats moved on and they could repair the roof/facia boards.
    They were lucky.
    Friend of mine got planning permission to convert an Old Barn into a house. Bats moved in before work could start.
    Ten years on and they are still there.


  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by Dragonsreach

    Friend of mine got planning permission to convert an Old Barn into a house. Bats moved in before work could start.
    Ten years on and they are still there.
    oooooooooh! feck. gutted. can\'t then use oneof those ultrasound things that deters cats? leave that on all day or something. it would irritate them in a non-harmful way

  16. #16

    Default

    you can get in touch with people who will legaly move them for you.

    can\'t remember the name at the moment but know a girl who helps out with that sort of thing.

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by generulpoleaxe
    you can get in touch with people who will legaly move them for you.

    can\'t remember the name at the moment but know a girl who helps out with that sort of thing.
    From what I have heard even rescue centres etc are not allowed to move them.

  18. #18

    Default

    Originally posted by War Griffon
    Originally posted by generulpoleaxe
    you can get in touch with people who will legaly move them for you.

    can\'t remember the name at the moment but know a girl who helps out with that sort of thing.
    From what I have heard even rescue centres etc are not allowed to move them.
    if they are in danger then yes, they can be moved. (smoke pellets work as well, just don\'t get caught doing it!)

  19. #19

    Default

    Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Liz : It could be a lot worse..It could have been Bats.

  20. #20

    Default

    What no one knows will not hurt them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->