UK GD 2008 - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: UK GD 2008

Default hmm

good luck to everyone going.

Remember, gets lots of photos of the new chaos stuff, any new forgeworld stuff they may be working on (well, monsters...lord of change hopefully, maybe a shaggoth, etc :P ) hehe..and any new lizardmen stuff that may be on for early preview :)

:P

Sanjay

Originally posted by boristfrog
    Do you think we will be queuing in the rain?
    I think I\'m going to bring my brolly, coat and waterproof trousers - in case the weather wants repeat of the past week.
    if it\'s raining then they usualy let people in a little earlier.

Originally posted by generulpoleaxe
    Originally posted by boristfrog
    Do you think we will be queuing in the rain?
    I think I\'m going to bring my brolly, coat and waterproof trousers - in case the weather wants repeat of the past week.
    if it\'s raining then they usualy let people in a little earlier.

I remember the year before last we were about 60 people back in the que and as such not under cover and we were stood in the rain for a good 45mins... real shame, saw a few people desperately trying to save models from water damage and several people left the que to save their work...

They should have just opened the doors at that point :-(

Oh well, fingers crossed, and anyway, I\'m not planning on getting there at 8:30 this time :-)

Ben

what time do the queues begin to get large?

Originally posted by Thecadian
    just wondering, what time is everyone arriving. For some reason it seems like me and alexthe artist will be arriving at around 8ish? Will there be anything to do except twiddle our thumbs!
    im not sure how early our coach gets there, it sets off from Aberdeen at 9pm on saturday so theres a chance it could get there early but i guess it depends on traffic and how many stops there are on the way...its a long long way to go even by car

James, we will just try and get to the frount of the quewe and stand under the little shelter there is.. =).

Queen@ I know the peeps from GW Glasgow sleep in the carpark..

Alex

Just a thought does anybody know of any good parking near to GD that isn\'t overly extortionate?

I think last year we started queueing about 9.20 an got in jus around 10ish.

Think we will get there for a similar time this year also

Originally posted by Cleezy
    Just a thought does anybody know of any good parking near to GD that isn\'t overly extortionate?

Isn\'t it £8 for use of the main car park nearest to Hall 1? Not exactly free, but not too bad for the whole day really.

Considering where I live in Cambridge car parking would cost about £20-£30 for about 8 hours, this is a bargin ;)

Originally posted by alextheartist
    James, we will just try and get to the frount of the quewe and stand under the little shelter there is.. =).

Queen@ I know the peeps from GW Glasgow sleep in the carpark..

Alex
    lol the Glasgow people are at least 4 hours closer then the Aberdeen people :p

donga666

Originally posted by Talonicus

EEEEEKKKKK!!! AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!

What a bad picture of me! But after a llonger look, look at the lightly smug look on my face (top left), then look at the vague surprise on Nigel/Telonicus\'s face (bottom row, black shirt).

What\'s going on there?

lol

Even if I do win, I\'m not sure I\'d bother going. It\'s a long way for a \'free\' lunch with NO studio tour!

Originally posted by donga666
    Originally posted by Talonicus

EEEEEKKKKK!!! AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!

What a bad picture of me! But after a llonger look, look at the lightly smug look on my face (top left), then look at the vague surprise on Nigel/Telonicus\'s face (bottom row, black shirt).

What\'s going on there?

lol

Even if I do win, I\'m not sure I\'d bother going. It\'s a long way for a \'free\' lunch with NO studio tour!
    You had to pay for the lunch? ??? Mine was free! It was good, too. Much better than the cold buffet the year before. Now that was a terrible meal lol

quote:
    Originally posted by Cleezy

Isn\'t it £8 for use of the main car park nearest to Hall 1? Not exactly free, but not too bad for the whole day really.

Considering where I live in Cambridge car parking would cost about £20-£30 for about 8 hours, this is a bargin
    Cheers for the heads up. Doesnt seem too bad for parking

Message original : demonherald
    40K monster Avatar
    I finished mine last night :). Good luck on yours!

HURAAH ! Last plaque on final model and in the cabinet ! Everything finished ! :bouncy::flip: :D

GOD bless .......VINCENTI

Hey vincenti - are you going to bring any of your other minis along for us to drool at?

Or just the competition ones for us to drool at :drool:

I have no \"in progress\" minis at the moment ,unless you count Vulkan Hestans Power Glaive,(being half under construction), is not very interesting.:yawn:

I will start on the man after G.D. & EURO .

GOD bless ..............VINCENTI

Are you making anything special for Euro, Adie?

Aidie what is your GD entry?is it the model thunderhawker showed us as a WIP? Your large scale stuff is amazing, one day (fingers crossed i can do stuff to that high level)

My entries are The Wulfen Rune Priest ( already on site).The Logan Grimnar (W.I.P. on site).A rat ogre and a small Black Templar Termie Commander. :D
    For Euro ,Rudolf Witzig 1/35 WW2 german para.

GOD bless ..........V

sg2009

well i have just messed up my entry :( looks like i wont be entering this year :) o well next year i will just have to try twice as hard