UK GD 2008 - Page 3
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: UK GD 2008

Message original : Talonicus
    I don\'t think there is a subway anywhere near.
    There is one in the NEC mall area (not the convention hall). I ate there two years ago.

Yep! :) Subway ftw!

I\'m really looking forward to it now, still bummed I can\'t go to World Expo

Only decent place to eat is in the Hotel, not cheap but at least its edible!! The food on sale at the event is garbage.

Not all the external NEC eating places are open all the time, so be aware that all because there is a subway on site it may not be open due to the lack of other events on at the time.

Just save up a few more quid and enjoy the banter in the bar!

So its £30 ticket including figure, £7 car park plus jungle juice to get there!!

Neil

I may drive this year - t\'was nice and fast on the motorbike last year and the parking was free but it rained on the way home for 40 minutes. £7 parking isn\'t that bad - was more at Salute.

quote]Originally posted by squidders
    I may drive this year - t\'was nice and fast on the motorbike last year and the parking was free but it rained on the way home for 40 minutes. £7 parking isn\'t that bad - was more at Salute. [/quote]

it is when your a tight arsed northener like me!! at least a £7 sandwich gives you something to munch on!!

Paying £7 is a lot easier than trying to put your car in the NEC cloakrooms lol

true, take car inside some 12 year old may thing its a new forgeworld model

Oh good lord... I\'m getting flashbacks of the smell! :|~

Originally posted by squidders
    Oh good lord... I\'m getting flashbacks of the smell! :|~
    the smell from the trade hall was putrid, it was so thick you could cut the air.

sg2009

i didn\'t smell and i\'m a teenager :cussing: lol

sam

Originally posted by sg2009
    i didn\'t smell and i\'m a teenager :cussing: lol

sam
    Nope Sam you didn\'t when I met you, but sadly there are thousands of Teenagers and Adults who are \"Allergic\" to soap and or changing clothes.

2006 Gamesday there was a guy loitering at the Golden Deamon cabinets who absolutely Stank.
    Adult, Bearded and Overweight. I\'ve a strong stomach but I couldn\'t stand the stench and walked away. Was vocally less than \"polite\" about it as well.

That wasn\'t Paul was it after a curry the night before???

You know what these booties are like (even the ex ones) :D

Originally posted by War Griffon
    That wasn\'t Paul was it after a curry the night before???

You know what these booties are like (even the ex ones) :D
    Curries don\'t affect Him like that. But Steak and Kidney Pudding with Mushy peas\'ll clear the Parade Ground.
    lol

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    OK who wants to sponsor me :P
    i offer you a shiny penny. is VERY shiny. sparkle sparkle.

(men in white coats take rosac to the infirmary.)

rosac

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Teenagers and Adults who are \"Allergic\" to soap
    i am actually allergic to all perfumed products, including certain varieties of soap and deodarant. however I do have a soap substitute and have found that i am not allergic to antipersperants (sp)
    so therefore i am not a sweaty little grubber. Also, i do get the free tshirts/ GD shirt as soon as i can and change into it when i do get sweaty.

rosac

(sorry for the double post)

There is no excuse for the people who seem to disregard personal hygiene. I was at the GD cabinets and a guy who reeked was taking over, not only in physical room but the surrounding area with a quite putrid smell. Many nurgle jokes were heard and a few mutterings of swearwords.

Still it isn\'t to hard to have a wash, maybe the person camps outside the NEC.

Just hope the smelly people stay away from me this year

probably the same guy in front of me at the cabinets, reminded me of comic book guy from the simpsons.
    at least at the meet up we should be ok, us all been beautifully scented people and all

Looking forward to meeting all you guys in the person =)

Alex

(only person ive met so far is james aka thecadian)

Originally posted by darklord
    at least at the meet up we should be ok, us all been beautifully scented people and all
    I reckon that will depend on how many of us have forced our way to the Forgeworld stand and had the scent of decay rub off onto us :no::|~

sg2009

Originally posted by War Griffon
    Originally posted by darklord
    I reckon that will depend on how many of us have forced our way to the Forgeworld stand and had the scent of decay rub off onto us :no::|~
    lol lol

where is the meet up last time, i remember someone saying it was at the painting tables. Where are they ???

sam