Webkinz...

Thread: Webkinz...

Default Webkinz...

It started out as a desire to help my 4 year old (and to a lesser extent my 7 year old) get extra kinzcash for their webkinz. Next thing you know my wife wanted one, now I have one too. Some of those games are fun dammit even though I\'m about 3x the max intended age of the toy/game thingies.

While I don\'t really expect any of you to actually have your own webkinz I was wondering how many of you log into your kids/nieces/nephews/etc... webkinz accounts for them at times to generate extra kinzcash and/or play the games?

Given the number of people on late at night and the fact that I have gotten co-workers to admit they get cash for their kids on webkinz I know I\'m not the lone parent on there so fess up people.

I\'m actually a bit disappointed that this morning the webkinz server is down so I can\'t play. :drunk:

First off I have no Idea what you are on about so for those of us not in the know could you explain it a bit.

My Fiance\'s kid sister is in love with those things, she has like 8. While ive never played the game\'s myself I have hung out with her for hours watching her play, they are great!!!

My daughter has three Webkinz. Since she splits her time between me and my ex-wife (who doesn\'t have a computer), she asked me to log on to play a few of the games for her (Wheel of Wow and the gem hunt one) in order to get more KinzCash.

Yup my little brother has Webkins and loves them!

Have your kids gotten into Funkeys? Kinda similar.

Originally posted by fieldarchy
    Yup my little brother has Webkins and loves them!

Have your kids gotten into Funkeys? Kinda similar.
    Humm, Funkeys eh. Haven\'t heard of those and perhaps it\'s better for my pocketbook if I keep it that way. :drunk:

As for those not in the know... Webkinz are a stuffed toy you buy that come with a code, you log into the website and enter the code so you get a virtual version of your stuffed toy pet thingie. You can then play with it and such online, there are tons of games, trivia, etc... which kids can play and do to earn \'kinzcash\' which can be spent to buy rooms, furniture, clothes, and so much more for your webkinz virtual pet thingie.

Whatever happened to pogz? :P
    They were a DECENT way to spend your hard-earned money ... :rolleyes:

As for those not in the know... Webkinz are a stuffed toy you buy that come with a code, you log into the website and enter the code so you get a virtual version of your stuffed toy pet thingie. You can then play with it and such online, there are tons of games, trivia, etc... which kids can play and do to earn \'kinzcash\' which can be spent to buy rooms, furniture, clothes, and so much more for your webkinz virtual pet thingie.
    I was just reading about something like that in PC Gamer (now I have a new \'puter I can actually play a recent game). It was in a short article about the changing of how we will buy and play games. One of the examples is Club Penguin, which sounds like what you\'re describing, only it\'s penguins you buy that have the codes. Oh, I mean, cuddly toy penguins, not real ones.

Default Funkeys

Well here\'s the website if you\'d like a look:

Funkeys

Basically you get a docking station, it comes with a funkey I believe. You collect the funkeys to expand your virtual world. They have games though that help teach ways of saving money, buying stuff and basically developing some spending habits that can be applied to the real world.

TJ (my 7 year old bro) loves it! He\'s also got webkinz though too.

My 8yo son and his brothers have them both (Webkinz and Funkeys) and between them, the funkeys are the more used/played with.

Originally posted by DaN
    Whatever happened to pogz? :P
    They were a DECENT way to spend your hard-earned money ... :rolleyes:
    lol And them geet hard meal ones, that were great for stotting off kids heads!

I used to work at a toystore/rogue trader and I swear I sold probably about 50 or so webkins a week. They made more than twice as much profit as any other product grouping in the whole store. Can\'t say I ever played the games though... But I did almost buy a hippo because he just looked so sad lol...

Originally posted by fieldarchy
    Well here\'s the website if you\'d like a look:

Funkeys

Basically you get a docking station, it comes with a funkey I believe. You collect the funkeys to expand your virtual world. They have games though that help teach ways of saving money, buying stuff and basically developing some spending habits that can be applied to the real world.

TJ (my 7 year old bro) loves it! He\'s also got webkinz though too.
    Had one of the designers of those come in to the store, when I still worked retail *shudder*, and complain about how we didn\'t have any of those on the shelf, we had to explain that we\'d sold out of all the boxes of them that we had, and that it was his people that had to send more of them to us.

Yeah, those things sold faster than the Aquadots (which is another toy....that turned out to have an ecstasy like effect when swallowed). Though Webkins are a constant question, and not a lot of retailers can keep them in stock, even after the holidays.

My kids love Webkinz, but they don\'t play the online game as much as they used to. A few months ago they would have rather died than miss spinning the \"Wheel of Wow.\"

U.B. Funkeys are okay... we have a few here. They aren\'t really online, as far as I can tell. It\'s a big world populated by just you.

Maple Story is the new hotness.

Originally posted by Dedwrekka
    Yeah, those things sold faster than the Aquadots (which is another toy....that turned out to have an ecstasy like effect when swallowed). Though Webkins are a constant question, and not a lot of retailers can keep them in stock, even after the holidays.
    Ahh, the joy of Aquadots. Bought some of those for the kids at Christmas, along with another toy by the same company. The other toy got broken Christmas day and when I called their customer service hotline thingie I found out that the Aquadots were recalled as they were poisonous (actually put a couple kids into a coma). Interesting to note that the recall was put out in August and Sears (big retail department store for those that don\'t have it) was still selling them at Christmas.

I\'m not sure about those Webkinz, but I\'m happy that we don\'t have funkeys here. I would be an addict immediately!
    lol lol lol

I\'ve looked at that link Meg, and still have no idea what these \"things\" are?
    They the new \"pokemon\" \"tamagotchii\"?