Who are GW trying to Kid??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who are GW trying to Kid???

I\'m going to have a Bell\'s Kalamazoo stout in honor of this thread. It\'s even got a grumpy looking old guy on the label! Perfect!

Would someone be so kind as to start two or three more similar threads. :drunk:

Originally posted by reverend
    I bet there are some pretty pictures in there though...
    Ah, but how much are you willing to put on it though?

Originally posted by War Griffon
    The air can/propellant looks about the same size as a nomal GW spray can of Chaos black/varnish and will cost £5 for the 400ml can.
    This is about right I guess as a 500ml can on a quick search using google comes in around £6 a can.
    I pay about £6 for a 750ml can from ModelZone.

Originally posted by reverend
    Is this THE definitive book on painting Citadel miniatures, the one to end all dispute? Will they show every stage rather than skip out the money shots ...
    :o
    Which model books have those kind of pics? I\'ve been buying the wrong ones.

i paid £100 for a silent (ish) compressor.
    i would have used over a hundred pounds worth of canned air by now so i\'m quids in, as well as not having to cope with dropping airpressure as the can gets used up.

sorry guys for the apparent historical bash, just the way i feel.

thanks for the link to the airbrush, i may get one soon:cool:

rosac

Blog Entries

Originally posted by generulpoleaxe
    i paid £100 for a silent (ish) compressor.
    i would have used over a hundred pounds worth of canned air by now so i\'m quids in, as well as not having to cope with dropping airpressure as the can gets used up.
    Same here - when I bought my second airbrush, I bought a compressor as well. Has worked out very nicely.

Originally posted by vincenti
    Most people who get anal about historical minis have usually never served in the military. And believe me the human need for individuallity still comes out .Regulation dress soon goes out the window ! Kit has to be modified/butchered to suit operational needs .........and there are NO POLAROIDS of Ancients .....Medievals....Renaissance ...Restoration....or Napoleonic warriors ;)

Happy modelling :D ;) :flip:

GOD bless .................VINCENTI
    yes but all military kit can eventually be used as it was meant to be lollollol

Problem with that is I am still trying to find out what half our bloody kit was meant to be??? I don\'t think there has been anybody in the UK services that hasn\'t ditched their combat boots withing six months of leaving training and bought a decent pair from elsewhere...

Are you telling us you\'ve actually found a use for Scrim?

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Are you telling us you\'ve actually found a use for Scrim?
    Yes it floats :D

Awesome D.R. & W.G.,lol :Dlol :D lol :D.
    GOD bless ...........Adie lol lol lol

Okay, I have to ask, what\'s a scrim?

The new washes that are going to replace the inks that they have removed from the shops is £15 for a set of 8 and it looks like their will not be a yellow ink.
    Colours would seem to be:
    Baal Red, Ogryn Flesh, Deylan Mud, Asurmen Blue, a Sepia along with 3 others I can\'t make out the names of but look like some sort of purple, green and black.

The ones you couldn\'t make out are Gryphonne Sepia, Leviathan Purple, Thraka Green and Badab Black.