Anyone recognize this place? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone recognize this place?

I am not an expert in Architecture but I am in\"Band of Brothers\",Its the set from the last couple of episodes ! :bouncy:
    GOD bless .................VINCENTI

Originally posted by Jike Ichi

The houses here in the alps are mainly made of wood and have a very different look from those Fachwerkhäuser.
    Here\'s a typical Austrian alpine farmhouse:

Jike Ichi, Do you get any farm houses where the cattle are located on the ground floor and the farmer and family lives on the first floor? I\'ve seen a few in Bayern (Bavaria) when i\'ve visited a few times with the wife.

Originally posted by vincenti
    I am not an expert in Architecture but I am in\"Band of Brothers\",Its the set from the last couple of episodes ! :bouncy:
    GOD bless .................VINCENTI
    Yup defo from bob lol. Did you know that all the differnt villages in bob were all made, the demolished in the same place...thats why on the credits theres a huge bunch of plasterers!

Alex

@veggiemanuk:

Hmm, guess there are some farmhouses where the cattle is on the ground floor.

But most farmhouses I have seen have a separted stable. Some have an own house as stable, while in others there is a a separated part of the house for the cattle.

We have different farmhouses for every county of Austria. So a Tyrolean farmhouse looks very different from an Upper Austrian farmhouse.
    We have even different architecture for Western, Northern, Eastern Upper Austrian farmhouses. Well I grew up in Up. Austria.

But I will spare you the details of the architectual differences, cause I don\'t think you guys will be in interested =).

Default Bingo!!!

I have located one of the buildings. It\'s in Kaysersburg, France (in the Alsace-Lorraine).

>>LINK<<

Originally posted by necron2.0
    I have located one of the buildings. It\'s in Kaysersburg, France (in the Alsace-Lorraine).
    It\'s a fake, a fake I tell you!

lol

Nice detective work

Einion

@Necron 2.0: You\'re the official Sherlock Holmes at CMON now! lol

well, adie did point him in the right direction

So we have official CMON Dr. Watson too? GREAT! lol lol

Thank you, thank you. I credit deductive reasoning; the understanding that if one person thought something was photograph-worthy, others would also; and a liberal preponderance of fortuitous serendipity.

In other words, it was all blind @ss luck.

Wow! Susan will be thrilled! Thanks!