i\'m going to meet barack obama tonight!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i\'m going to meet barack obama tonight!!!

Default i\'m going to meet barack obama tonight!!!

woohoo....coming to my little town and sitting behind him. i have vip tickets. if im on the news i will send you a link.

have a good one.

Very cool.

Back when he was in Iowa, I got a chance to meet and greet him, and we had more or less a private audience with him for about an hour.

I was impressed with meeting him, but that is what a good politician does...

Tell him to give up on bowling and start painting miniatures! lol

Originally posted by hakoMike
    Tell him to give up on bowling and start painting miniatures! lol
    His legacy in the White House could be hand-painted world leaders for the table in the war room :D

Seriously, though I\'m not American I rather like Mr. Obama. He\'s not the 100% breath of fresh air some people like to make him out as (he is a politician after all). However he seems sane, prudent, responsible, and perhaps even honest. God forbid.

The funny thing about the whole presidential race is that the Republicans should have everything against them...

bad economy
    unpopular war
    eight years of holding the office
    retread of a candidate:

Yet, Mccain is still running slightly ahead of either Obama or Bill\'s wife....

So, people say they are ready for a change, but the polls aren\'t really showing it...

Because we are so SICK of hearing about Obama and Clinton!

ENOUGH ALL READY NEWS CHANNELS!! Two years of hearing about the race to the Nomination, we even haven\'t gotten to the Presidential Race and we are sick and tired of the whole thing already! :D

\'m with mud duck - enough. I tuned them out in February already.

well according to many of my fellow teachers and students, i am going to hell now, because barack obama is obviously the antichrist

1. he\'s of muslim decent
    2. he\'s in his 40\'s and the antichrist is in his 40\'s supposedly.
    3. some people are just plain stupid.

sorry but i just never get over these medieval style beliefs and think others just need to enter the 21st century.

Blog Entries

What\'s not to love? He\'s got his own logo. He pals around with terrorists who bomb federal buildings. He\'s mainstream.

I\'ve been all about Obama since I saw him read a segment in his book during the NAAPC awards 2 years ago

The man is incredible, inspiring and insightful. and an amazing orator.

THIS is one of my favorite obama videos to date.

and I think its only because I\'m working toward a minor in Political Science but I LOVE watching all about the campaigns. Do I think they go overboard with tiny details, hells yes. but I still find it interesting.

Congrats about getting to meet him, My vote may not have counted (I live in florida :rolleyes:) but it still goes to Obama.

edit: oh yeah, because visiting Ayers after becoming involved in Chicago politics only because ayers was an activist for the Words fund means he\'s paling around with terrorists. Politics makes for unusual bedmates, and heaven forbid Ayers actually helps society.

Originally posted by philologus
    What\'s not to love? He\'s got his own logo. He pals around with terrorists who bomb federal buildings. He\'s mainstream.
    well thank god that no one else in america ever gave money to terrorist organizations in the past, i know that the u.s. government never gave weapons to the taliban or saddam hussein. come on man, we dont always know everything. and on top of things i tend to think that unilateral talks could be one of the bes tthings this country does. we are more of a \"you hurt our freedom! now we kill\" oh wait your willing to stop, never mind we are still going to hurt you.

we need compassion and understanding not bashing another country because of its religious beliefs.

Blog Entries

Quote -

we are more of a \"you hurt our freedom! now we kill\" oh wait your willing to stop, never mind we are still going to hurt you.

Dude, I\'ve never seen that come out of a statement released by any organization we are engaged with currently - I have seen a lot of DEATH TO AMERICA followed by DEATH TO AMERICA followed by DEATH TO AMERICA.

Edit -

Two other things - yes, as part of national policy the US has supported questionable organizations in the past, and is probably continuing to do so - however, to my knowledge no former US president has hung out with the head of Hamas (Carter visited to see about talks recently but they weren\'t going out for a beer).

Secondly hell yes, I have no issue with preaching genocide on a group that is preaching genocide against me - and has been doing the same for the last 30 plus years while we ignored the issue.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by uberdark
    well thank god that no one else in america ever gave money to terrorist organizations in the past, i know that the u.s. government never gave weapons to the taliban or saddam hussein. come on man, we dont always know everything. and on top of things i tend to think that unilateral talks could be one of the bes tthings this country does. we are more of a \"you hurt our freedom! now we kill\" oh wait your willing to stop, never mind we are still going to hurt you.

we need compassion and understanding not bashing another country because of its religious beliefs.
    I\'m talking about Weatherman/Weathermen dude. American white college kids in the 70\'s blowing up buildings (and themselves) to protest. They also executed the \'81 Brinks robbery. Two of the members threw a fundraising gala for him during his first Senate race. They are vocal supporters of his who he will not disavow.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:~( I\'m with Mud Duck...... I\'m so tired of the dog and pony, baby kissing etc. act:drool::drool::drool:

Hes a very handsome man.
    That always is a plus in todays image driven world ! :D

GOD bless ..............VINCENTI

I\'m talking about Weatherman/Weathermen dude. American white college kids in the 70\'s blowing up buildings (and themselves) to protest. They also executed the \'81 Brinks robbery. Two of the members threw a fundraising gala for him during his first Senate race. They are vocal supporters of his who he will not disavow.
    If they\'re wanted outlaws, maybe someone should arrest them. But if they\'ve done their time, maybe they should be allowed to participate in the political process. Why should Obama \"disavow\" them? It\'s not like HE supports robbing banks and overthrowing society. They probably don\'t support it anymore either.

And anyone who believes the \"antichrist\" is anything more than a bronze age metaphor about the corruption caused by power, well, that is their right I guess. They are free to try and inject their backwards beliefs into the political process but as usual they will have very limited influence in the big picture.

Blog Entries

Actually, NSA they never did time for the 25 bombings they claimed to have committed due to improper survallence by the FBI - and are wholly unrepentant about their actions - they both have been quoted as saying they did not set enough bombs at the time.

The man does have a Kennedyesque quality to him. He presents himself wonderfully and has a suave confident air about him. He seems a little thin on details of what his vision of change is.

I got sick of the whole mess a long time ago. Think I\'m voting Libertarian.

Isn\'t the campaigning \'season\' in Britain limited to a short amount of time? I think that would be great.............. 2 years of blaaah de blaaah is CRAZY. I think if they were given, say, 2-3 months right before the election to get the job done they wouldn\'t be wasting so much time on stupid trivialities. I hear the latest thing is who is or isn\'t wearing a certain lapel pin.................the horror!!!!!!!!

Yes, when the general election is called it only lasts a few weeks, but we don\'t have a set length of time for the term between elections so there\'s nothing to start aiming for until the government anounces the date.

@Uberdark. You\'re going to hell...again? Weren\'t you already damned for reading that book?

Funny, why would an \"honest guy\" like him lie about being present during Rev. Wright\'s \"the white man & America is evil\" sermons. It also makes him a little stupid to think they wuoldn\'t dig up the truth. He has still never answered adequately about that.