What are these bitz?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are these bitz?

Default What are these bitz?

I have been thoroughly enjoying Scibor\'s recent plastic only conversions, because they make it really easy to create something new and different without inordinate amounts of GS. Scibor has also been really great about answering questions like, \"Where is this bit from?\" However, you can only bother the guy so many times. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out where the blades and handles/poles he has been using to make halberds come from. In particular,

http://coolminiornot.com/185180

Can anyone figure this out? I would greatly appreciate it.

The blades look like they may come from the new plastic Grave Guard sprue, particularly the axe on the back of the stormbolter.

Or skaven with a piece added on

front part skaven back part graveguard at a guess.. both with a bit of chopping and shaping and extra bits added....

It seems like the blades on all of these conversions are single bitz, at least by looking at the unpainted pix. The blades on the skaven sprue are similar but not quite it. The bit on the back does look like grave guard though. My brain is starting to hurt.

like I say bit of chopping rejigging adding bits.. Thinking about it the front part could be khemri chariot crew......

some of it could be highelven

The blades are both from the new Grave guard sprue.

Front and back

recon that\'s it then, no more guessing and having fun - as always undave spoils that with some irritatating accurate nowledge and misuse of facts ;)

Dead on. Thanks a bundle. Off I go to raid the local shop\'s VC player\'s bitz boxes and start slapping blades on everything.

Ah, it\'s been sorted. I was about to add my opinion that they were not skaven bitz. I mean, after cleaning and gluing together some 350 plastic skaven, I think I would have recognised them. lol

Originally posted by Manus
    recon that\'s it then, no more guessing and having fun - as always undave spoils that with some irritatating accurate nowledge and misuse of facts ;)
    Just call me Mr. Party Pooper :P

Just to add my second two cents worth (Ive just re read my comment under kinkos....)

The handle of the weapon is a terminator thunderhammer, severly cut down, the blade under it looks like a terminator power sword, the handle of that looks like the handle piece off an devastator box melta bomb, the rest you know.

I still dont like the fact that he couldnt shoot the thing past the back tip on the front blade of the weapon though.....

Originally posted by Bengoodall

I still dont like the fact that he couldnt shoot the thing past the back tip on the front blade of the weapon though.....
    See I automatically thought that the Bolter was a Storm Bolter.

It is a stormbolter. The rounds would pass harmlessly to either sid of the blade. Well, harmless to the bearer.

What about the effect of the blade tip on any kind of air acting on the rounds as they exit the barrel, bolter rounds come out under low velocity, and then are ignited properly, becoming a missile per say after that.

I dont know, looks off to me anyway.

It\'s make-believe :P

I do agree though the barrels on the stormbolter would be too close together to fire past the sticking up bit of the blade not to mention what might happen if the blade was bent for any reason.

Is it me or does he have a bit of a pin-head? Not Scibors best by a long shot.

Pin-head? Forgive me, I\'m lost. I guess my main point was the lack of copious amounts of sculpting. The variety of bits drawn on here is pretty interesting. Just another way of reinventing the wheel. Thanks again for all the input.

What about the head? I\'m trying to sculpt a VC to mount on a dragon, but the sculpting of the head is killing me...that head isn\'t that bad with a little retouch..

Originally posted by kinko6
    I guess my main point was the lack of copious amounts of sculpting.
    Well he does say in the text that the figure is made formPlastic GW parts, not that he sculpted it.