Valten on Horseback
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valten on Horseback

Default Valten on Horseback

The preview section of the GW website has a shot of Valten on horseback. Go here and scroll down about 2/3 of the way. He looks a bit older than the last mini, and is carrying *drumroll* the Hammer of Sigmar. We\'ll have to wait for next months WD to see how he gains possesion of the hammer, I definately like this mini more than the last one with the poncy long hair lol

My wife always thinks that SaxonAngel\'s version looks just like ZaPhoD.
    The new one looks too much like Robert Redford with a trimmed beard.

here\'s the pic for those too lazy to look for it:

I think it looks a lot better now too. The next white dwarf has a story about him meeting up wil Karl Franz, them emperor (though the real power is in the corrupted church). Notice, on the model, the many twin tailed comets: one painted on the horse armor, one on each side of the reigns, and one on his chest. That is a very awsome hammer, I\'ll probably use it in some inquisitor conversion. I also a agree that it\'s better that he doesn\'t look so lady like, and that his comet shaped birthmark is obscured.

Hmmm, I\'m not convinced, I like the younger one better. And I wish they would stop making such ridiculously large weapons, he wouldn\'t be able to lift that thing much less use it. Now a power armed Inquisitor... thats a different matter...

Actually I like the horse head.

I have a vague memory of the seeing him in full plate, maybe in the GD seminar, IIRC that ones much better.

If you want a super cool mini then just wait for Jez Goodwins new Living Saint (or somesuch for witch hunters), it literally made me gasp out loud when I first saw it. Juan may have thrown down the gauntlet, but Jez has picked it up and slapped every other designer silly with this mini.

I have a vague memory of the seeing him in full plate, maybe in the GD seminar, IIRC that ones much better.
    I seem to recall them saying that there would be three models of Valten, so I guess this is just number 2 of 3

I\'d quite like to se the back of this mini, the cloak might be fancy:D

booby moo

i dont think its nearly as cool as the first model... they look like 2 different people. i think GW should have made him more unique, and keep him looking like he is in his 20s not 40s.

i was typing this with 1 hand because i was eating ith the other

What? Did he age twenty years in only a few months, or is it just me? ??? I guess someone cast curse of years on him lol

:flip::bouncy:

Yah, it is odd, is it not? I guess that for the Summer of Chaos, they plan on having a slightly more epic timeline for the scenarios, and an older Valten will feature later on in the campaign.....at least that\'s my guess. But who knows, mebbe he was just prematurely aged by the horrors of war? Nahhh..........:)

well, a beard can give someone a more mature look.
    *stokes chin*
    any day now, any day, those 14 years without shaving will pay off...

I reckon the previous model was kind of set in the past, with this one being the \'current times\' model. I don\'t think the fluff for the first Valten model mentioned any specific dates, but I could be wrong

Just got the new WD, some sweet fluff about Huss and Valten leading an army of peasants to Atdorf. Karl Franz gets a re-release, he now wields his runefang since he has given the hammer of sigmar to valten. The hammer is sweet(+2A, wounds automatically, no armour saves, D3Wounds:o). He might actually stand a chance against Archaon afteralllol

t_haye2

Originally posted by Trevor

If you want a super cool mini then just wait for Jez Goodwins new Living Saint (or somesuch for witch hunters), it literally made me gasp out loud when I first saw it. Juan may have thrown down the gauntlet, but Jez has picked it up and slapped every other designer silly with this mini.
    What do you mean, Juan threw down the gauntlet? He still works for the Studio you know! He just moved back to Spain and works from the Spanish GW HQ in Barcelona. Just want to clarify before any weird rumours start...

What happened to Chris Fritzpatrick (spell?)? I heard he left the company, and started his own egyptian line. I\'m not too sad, I wasn\'t the biggest fan of his minis, though I know many were.

t_haye2

Yep, that\'s correct, he started Crocodile Games, this is the link:

http://www.crocodilegames.com/

What do you mean, Juan threw down the gauntlet?
    I think he meant in the way that Juan has been sculpting some very nice models lately eg Emperors champion etc and Jez Goodwin has traditionally been the king of space marine sculpts

i have to say though - jes rocks. i bough his gothic and eldrich book (sp?). absolutely brilliant. its nice to see all the preliminary sketches and ideas and seeing what makes it through to the final models

t_haye2

He\'s actually one of my favorite designers, but don\'t tell him that;)

Ok here are the rumeurs that I managed to catch about valten :
    There are going to be three models of him, the one already relased, one where he is one foot in a dwarven armour and ??? elfish sword ( not quit sure about that), and the third where is on a horse (elf horse???) with the hammer of sigmar wich has been given to him by karl franz.
    So we can probably guess that valten will incarnat the alliance between the dwarfs, elfs, and human. And he\'ll get sent by karl Franz to kill archachon.

I can\'t really imagine him using an elf sword in favour of the hammer of sigmar, and one in each hand seems a bit unlikelylol. Maybe Tammy could divulge some info on the next model for us? Please?:flip:

Originally posted by KingM
    I can\'t really imagine him using an elf sword in favour of the hammer of sigmar, and one in each hand seems a bit unlikelylol. Maybe Tammy could divulge some info on the next model for us? Please?:flip:
    Well that\'s why he would be holding the sword in the second version, befor getting the hammer. What do you think tammy ???lol