RIGHT!! i taking commissions.

Thread: RIGHT!! i taking commissions.

Default RIGHT!! i taking commissions.

O.K. i\'m taking commissions!

any amount of money give me a mini and i\'ll paint it, i\'am always skint(damn you White Dwarf!!) so yeh P.M. me if you want me to paint a mini for you, any standard!:D...... and i\'ll pay for P&P when i sent it back!

~nick

Nick, I hate to have to curb your enthusiasm, but under UK law you can\'t enter into a contract as you are under 18, which by accepting commissions is what you are doing.
    Neither you nor your potential customers would be protected if something went wrong.

Plus (and I\'m not 100% sure on this) I believe you\'d have to declare this as a part time employment to your local Education Youth Employment officer. (The rules are a bit complex).

Just do it for your local mates - much easier :D

Originally posted by nick232
    Can i do it for free?
    A very good question.
    We\'d need a lawyer to confirm this, but I think that a contract to perform a service is still valid even if there is no fee or exchange of monies/goods involved.

It\'s a very difficult area for someone of your age to try to step into. Even if your parents were to act as your agent/guarentor for commissions they could find themselves in breach of Child Employment Regulations, which are very strict.

As reverend suggests, do it for your local mates. They\'d be people you know and far easier to sort out problems with.

Humm, child labour laws eh? Does that mean I\'m going to jail for having my 7yr old farm gold in WoW? :drunk:

Originally posted by reverend
    Just do it for your local mates - much easier :D
    i don\'t have any friends i\'m at bording school in the middle of nowhere with no food just my minis, paint, proxy server, delphie,, and my three hundred odd toy monkeys for company:(:(

Sounds like hell (monkeys aside)!

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

a contract only exists where both parties bring consideration. There must be reasonable but not neccesarily sufficient consideration from both parties to form a contract. If you are not being paid, money or goods then the other party has brought no consideration and therefore no contract is formed.

ergo, yes you can do it for free neither counting as employmnet or a contract, however the person you are painting the model for receives no protection other than in criminal law for theft if you do not return the model.

Paint some and get your parents to open an ebay account for you, then sell them on there. You\'d need a camera though:D

i hate to be the one to point it out, but it should be i am taking commissions

i did take commisions when i was below 18 for pet portraits...not a lot but i still did...and this was through an art gallery too although i never had a written contract with them. it was more a verbal contract.
    i didnt think you had to notify the self employment people if you made less then a certain amount from it each year....i did notify them but i didnt have to pay tax because i wasnt making enough from my paintings to actually have to and self employment tax forms can be a nightmare.
    generally if you get paid in cash for it its impossible to trace anyway

cash isn\'t impossible to trace, if the company paying you is audited they may check out all of the people who were paid in cash.
    it does happen.

also, you need to declare it as it goes towards your taxable income when all of your combined income goes above said allowance of non taxable income.

Default I can has ebay account?

You can always take cash and get a prepaid debit card with a Visa/MC Logo.