Any polymer clay tutorials?

Thread: Any polymer clay tutorials?

Default Any polymer clay tutorials?

Just wondered if anyone knows of any good step by step sculpey / fimo tutorials? I feel like I\'m making good progress with sculpting in green stuff and want to try something else. I\'ve done a little polymer clay sculpting and want to try layering. Cheers!:innocent:

i did see a really good one on conceptart.org (i think) but i cant remember the link for it...im curious about this one too though :)

here is jeremie\'sby step by step for his games day france entry
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=25747

their are a lot of tips on his site as well. :)

actually - does anybody know if you can sculpt with super sculpey over cured fimo and cure it successfully? i know fimo / fimo or sculpey / sculpey can be layered but can they be layered interchangeably?

thanks for your replies by the way!

genrulepoleaxe got there first but i have a link for jeremie\'s site

All things polymer clay.

You won\'t get much that\'s specific to our hobby but you\'ll get tons that will help you with polymer clay.

If you\'re looking for something specific let me know. I\'ve got scads of links on this kind of thing for working in 1:12 scale.

Originally posted by moonmin82
    actually - does anybody know if you can sculpt with super sculpey over cured fimo and cure it successfully? i know fimo / fimo or sculpey / sculpey can be layered but can they be layered interchangeably?

thanks for your replies by the way!

You can use a very thin layer of Vaseline to help the new layer of sculpey bond to the baked underlayers of polymer. Brush it on, then smear it off then sculpt over it. An alternative is to use Translucent Liquid Sculpey then bake.

If you check out this gentleman\'s Deviantart page you can see his tremendous list of tutorials for sculpting in polymer clay as well as links to various websites and forums devoted to the subject or sculpting in general:

deviantart links

Have fun :)