Your oldest/newest submissions to Coolmini! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your oldest/newest submissions to Coolmini!

Blog Entries

Fair enough :D

Hey it\'s really great to see so much progression for so many painters in this thread, it\'s really inspiring to me to see how far people\'s painting skills have come over time!

My first in Jun \'04 (I think there were some before this but I deleted some to make room awhile back):

http://www.coolminiornot.com/57650

My latest from a couple weeks ago:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/192069

Built in 2003

My latest, built within the last year.

Sometimes these threads can be REAAAALY depressing lol

No. Seriously :(

This is a cool thread. I haven\'t been posting all that long but I\'ll chip in anyway.

Jan \'08 - Speed painting for an army, but still...

May \'08 - I must have a dwarf fetish.

-Andy

I must have a dwarf fetish.
    :D Oh Liiiiizzzzz :D

Originally posted by DaN
    Ack!

Don\'t let her find me. I\'m only in my 150\'s. I\'m too young to go to the Freak Bar!?!

-Andy

PS: Hey DaN. I used your one of the pics in your terrain article as a reference for part of the base for my GD entry. Danke!

My first - Apr 07

My most recent - May 08:

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by arogers907
    Originally posted by DaN
    Ack!

Don\'t let her find me. I\'m only in my 150\'s. I\'m too young to go to the Freak Bar!?!

-Andy

PS: Hey DaN. I used your one of the pics in your terrain article as a reference for part of the base for my GD entry. Danke!
    A man after my own heart. I LOVE dwarves. Always have. But then ask anyone who\'s met me.....I AM a dwarf dammit! ;)

Ok, I\'ll play! It\'s interesting, eh? The influence CMON has had on us :) It has had a huge impact on me...my whole world has changed since I finally found other painters online at the end of 2005...suddenly my eyes were opened to the possibilities.

So thanks CMON! :D

http://www.coolminiornot.com/113042

http://www.coolminiornot.com/189893

Originally posted by automaton
    Ok, I\'ll play! It\'s interesting, eh? The influence CMON has had on us :) It has had a huge impact on me...my whole world has changed since I finally found other painters online at the end of 2005...suddenly my eyes were opened to the possibilities.

So thanks CMON! :D
    Here here!

I remember sitting on my deck in Kauai reading an article on metallics by a certain Aussie painter. I haven\'t painted the same since. I\'ve painted much, much better! ;-)

-Andy

-Andy

Originally posted by lizcam
    Originally posted by arogers907
    Originally posted by DaN
    Ack!

-Andy

A man after my own heart. I LOVE dwarves. Always have. But then ask anyone who\'s met me.....I AM a dwarf dammit! ;)
    Don\'t know what it is \'bout the stumpies. Nothing else seems quite that imposing. I\'ll admit to liking the occasional troll, ogre, or orc... but nothing says badass quite like a dwarf.

-Andy

Blog Entries

\"I\'m half your size, I\'m drunk, and I\'m still gonna kick your ass.\"

Go dwarves!

And Sebastian, I\'m pretty sure you\'ve had a pretty big impact on a lot of us in this thread :D It may be a coincidence, but I\'ve been referencing your Ork Nob model for one of my GD entries that I\'m working on this week lol

While you won\'t see such dramatic changes in my painting skills (mostly cause... well I\'m just not that talented)...

My oldest:

My Newest:

Any improvements in that time I owe completely to the advice gained from CMoN and I\'m quite thankful for it. Sadly there is nothing new in the last year or two from me but I do intend to rectify that situation.

Perhaps even more than the new painting skills learned on CMoN I am even more grateful for CMoN opening up a new world of manufacturers, sculptors, etc... to me that I had not previously known existed.

Your choice of minis got more \"beautiful\" too! lol lol

@arogers - glad it helped... I will finish that article... Someday... :rolleyes:

god i need to up my rate of improvement, by the time i can paint to a standard as good as you guys it will be called tabletop!!

Blog Entries

I know the feeling darklord. A lot of my older 8-8.5 models would be lucky to break 7 these days. It\'s sad when you see a mini you\'re really proud of get a mediocre score and no comments :(

Keep up the good work though, and don\'t be afraid to try new things. A lot of the time painting skill grows in rapid spurts, I find. One day you\'re plodding along doing the same old thing, and the next you\'re doing things that seemed possible just the other day.

yeah i seem to step up a little on one mini then the next goes down, my biggest problem seems to be consistency. my best rated was about 2 years ago but i try not to worry about scores anymore

Blog Entries

Consistency is tough some times, it\'s true. You don\'t always have the same motivation as the last time, and so on. I try to paint really fun models as much as I can, to reward myself for putting up with army figs and stuff. It seems to work most of the time.

Trying to keep track of what you\'re doing helps me stay consistent as well. Nothing is worse than trying to recreate an effect (or touch up a model after it\'s been chipped/broken) and realizing you have no idea what paints you used in the first place.