The little thread of happiness - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The little thread of happiness

\"Boy\". That\'s not patronising :rolleyes: I wasn\'t trying to be funny, or to patronise you. I was just saying that I think you took my jokey comment way more seriously than it was intended (I get the lizards comment now, but I don\'t play with them!). I don\'t know what you\'ve got against me, or rather what you think I have against you, but please take everything I say with a pinch of salt. What is it that\'s \"been going on for a while with [me]\"? ???

Sorry to drag the happiness thread down, that really wasn\'t my intention. What made me happy today was finding my physics module easy :)
    Originally posted by Ebonbuddha
    Don’t patronize me boy.

And the lizard comment was sarcasm from all of your post of animal pictures and photos of your holidays with bugs and what not. So my statement did come from knowledge.

You aren’t funny.

Originally posted by Bill
    Chill out, man! Calling me \"some jackass who plays with lizards\" is just as \"big talk\" - as if you know any more about me than I do about you! We\'re on a forum for Christ\'s sake. And what the hell is the lizards reference? lol

That is the second time you have said that. That’s big talk for some jackass who plays with lizards and doesn’t know a damn thing about me.

Piss off.

Originally posted by Bill
    Maybe that\'s why you\'re such a miserable bastard? :D

Yeah. Well, I just set my expectations higher.

Originally posted by Zora
    EB: For some of us, yes.

Actually Fizl, I envy you.you spend 50% of your time in a country with some amazing food. I\'m talking about India.

I love a good mutton curry or tandori chicken.

I never appreciated Indian food until I had it in little India in Singapore.

quote]Originally posted by Fizl
    Sitting in the garden with the neighbour chatting, then helping her get the ivy off her window that had been climbing up. Then the upstairs neighbours coming down to help - ended up with 3 adults and 4 kids all helping out together

shaz

[/quote]

Originally posted by Fizl
    Sitting in the garden with the neighbour chatting, then helping her get the ivy off her window that had been climbing up. Then the upstairs neighbours coming down to help - ended up with 3 adults and 4 kids all helping out together

shaz

Wow, thats sounds great Fizl, was it in the UK ? as my faith in my people is slowly diminishing at the moment, thats all lol :D

Its good to see that between the global orchestrated genocide and being robbed every time you visit a petrol pump, there is still some joy to be found!
    @ Krom, I\'ve been called a fair few things in my life, but I like jedi reference, thanks!:beer:

Originally posted by krom1415
    Originally posted by Fizl

shaz

Wow, thats sounds great Fizl, was it in the UK ? as my faith in my people is slowly diminishing at the moment, thats all lol :D
    Yep, was in the UK, south london to be exact!

As for India - it is a wonderful place, I am really lucky to get to work over there so often. If you get the chance you really should get over there and try the real thing

Shaz

Blog Entries

Took some pictures on my way to work -

Found out when I got here I was good to go on another job I had applied for - more money to keep the GF in the style to which she has become accustomed.

Ah, my faith is restored Fizl :D

Oh not Iraq again steely :(

Blog Entries

Yup. Going back.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by steelcult
    Yup. Going back.
    Congrats, I think. I know your job was driving you nuts but be careful over there!

Having someone remind me to be grateful for all the \'little\' things in my life. Right now, I\'m grateful that I am able to sit at a computer, chat with the whole world and look at cool mini\'s while listening to nice music.

Originally posted by steelcult
    Yup. Going back.
    Hopefully you\'ll be going later this year when it starts to cool down to the high 90\'s. :twisted:

Sorry EB was not trying to upset you just making light of a tense situation between you and Bill.You sound like me the simple things are what you lookfor to make you happy.DD:cool:

Blog Entries

@Liz - been there - done that got the T-shirts and the emotional scars to prove it.

@Pegazus - I\'d rather go now when its only 100-120 - it doesn\'t start to cool off until October over there - and August and September are 130-140 degree temperature time.

No worries. Sorry if I made you feel like you did something wrong. But after a year (or has it been two) of smart arsed comments called \'jokes\' I felt I had to say something.

Originally posted by desertdragon1964
    Sorry EB was not trying to upset you just making light of a tense situation between you and Bill.You sound like me the simple things are what you lookfor to make you happy.DD:cool:

There was a squirrel cavorting in the parking lot of my son\'s daycare this morning.

Not the rabid, frothing, \"I\'m gonna give you rabbies\" kinda squirrel

He was the big-eyed, goofy, \"Boy would I like one of your toasted almonds\" kinda squirrel.

EB: Pm\'ed you..

I was happy today because I saw a green woodpecker and some rabbits when running after school. And because I had running in the first place, since the rest of Tuesday is always so crap lol

Happiness is realizing that even in a \'happiness\' thread, there is still need for a boring old moderator....:rolleyes::D

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Today\'s bit of happiness was watching my son\'s face as he signed up for guitar lessons with a pretty teacher about his age. Oh to be young again! :D

Will it be a hinderence or a benefit for him? Will he be able to concentrate on what he\'s being taught?

Today I played guitar for 20 minutes, just going through scales, nothing fancy, nothing learned, no actual song, just some notes without even thinking about it. Forgot the time and my teacher did too. I just played... he got a phone call and left me sitting alone for short time.

I felt good. Not happy, but content. I did not reinvent blues or anything, but it was just satisfying. Hard to describe...