Dawn of War II
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of War II

Default Dawn of War II

Damn what if I can\'t wait until spring 2009 :( :( :(

THQ have put up the first trailer for Dawn of War :D

Here be the trailer :D

Ooh! I bought a computer mag a few months ago, when I got my new comp, and that had a feature for the game. I\'ve yet to play DoW I, as my old comp couldn\'t play it.

GW have had a trailer for DoW II on their website for a while, a different one to that trailer.

What does the voice say at the end?

Sounds like \"Im-skin floss\" ???

Destroyable scenery looks cool :)

The orginal \'movie\' trailer of Dawn of War was phenomenal.

Too bad they didn\'t do a new one of those.

This preview looks like more of the same gameplay....not that that is a bad thing.

This one is centered around just a few squads, with some characters as a continuing prescence, a little bit like an RPG. There\'ll be \"loot drops\" that those characters will gain equipment from.

Originally posted by supervike
    Agreed, shame they kept the same trailer for all four of the games/follow ons it would have been nice to have seen ones for some of the other races, guard and eldar maybe.

I like the look of the new one though so far...

Man, no kidding. I bought the game on the strength of that trailer alone. I wish the tabletop game conveyed some of that action...

Blog Entries

Don\'t know that I ever saw the theatrical trailer for DOW - but I think the best opening movie for any of the DOW\'s is the one for Soulstorm - theres something about seeing the SOB\'s march down that hill . . . . . .

Blog Entries

You know, I\'m tempted to not buy DOW2 based on Relics current support of Dawn of War: Soul Storm.

Now, if you don\'t play online (and possible even the level of entering tournies) this might not be an issue but, since the release of SS, there has been ZERO support and the game is totally broken.

There\'s a huge long list of problems that players can exploit in multiplayer games yet there claim the fix can\'t be released due to the way SS was distributed over steam.

The main bug (Sisters repeated buying then selling faith at the LPs giving them INFINITE money) was fixed by a member of the community in 2 lines of code -- so where\'s the problem Relic? :(

Also, the lobby system (Gamespy) makes it almost impossible to get automatch / ladder games going... literally HOURS.. SS is a joke of a game and one that was meant to focus on multiplayer NOT single.

DOW2 looks great, but if I don\'t see improvement in support from Relic.. they won\'t get any of my money anymore.

Starcraft II ftw.

Orginal gepostet von Arma
    Starcraft II ftw.
    You serious? Starcraft II is such a cheap clone of DoW! Even a cheap clone of GW universe. Well some implements are new, but clicking on 20 different infantry units just sucks...

I play SS very often. The bugs are nothing new, \"kick bug\" has been there since DoW was first released. But still in spite of all the bugs, when you get into a multiplayer game DoW rules all the other games on market. There\'s nothing so simple playable and nothing that can be so strategic. I loved the gameplay since day 1.

Well with sisters: Simply start QS so they have no bonus, cause good thing at DoW: at some point infinite money means nothing if you have no strategy.

I really look forward to DoW 2!! That will be great, hopefully they get Tyranids in there.

@Arma - yeah I sympathise with you 100% over the SS bugs, but I think Relic are looking at a big patch soon which should fix a number of things. Mind you the numbers playing online have so dropped off recently I\'m finding it hard to get games at certain times.

The kick bug is a huge pain and yeah they\'ve never fixed it. But saying that I blame the Gamespy network API, at least this time round the lobby seems to work faster.

I\'ll end up buying DoW2 definitely as I love the original and am also a huge fan of Company of Heroes. I just wish they\'d confirm the other races (being an Eldar player) as if it\'s just marine and ork it could be a little dull.

Starcraft 2 on the other hand.... I played the original way too much and looking at what they\'ve done for the sequel, to me, there doesn\'t seem to be a great leap in terms of new ideas which is a real shame. My real fear is that Blizzard are catering for the pro-gamer market and not deviating too much from the original and this will not appeal to many people who have seen the new advances in RTS\'s. Still it is Blizzard and they\'ve not failed to produce a decent RTS yet (and yeah I\'ll still pick it up even if I don\'t play online).

Originally posted by DaN

Green-skinned filth?

Einion

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Jike Ichi

Well with sisters: Simply start QS so they have no bonus, cause good thing at DoW: at some point infinite money means nothing if you have no strategy.
    Again, I don\'t want to offend here... but the competitive community and QS just doesn\'t work. QS is fun (if a little n00by) but it doesn\'t work competitively.

Besides, that\'s not the point - I don\'t like paying for a 1/2 finished product then not getting a patch for months.

Peteh: The community is dead; even DoWS forum has gone to pieces (well, it did pretty much around WA). Such a shame.

I\'ll probably buy DOW2. I play TT 40k etc. It\'s just a shame Relic can\'t code their way out of a wet paper bag. They had a real quality product on their hands that could have established in the WCG... but they\'ve blown it imo.

bloody!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Orginal gepostet von Arma

Again, I don\'t want to offend here... but the competitive community and QS just doesn\'t work. QS is fun (if a little n00by) but it doesn\'t work competitively.
    Yeah thats right there, but thats what I like about it. QS - Its a fun mode. I love to play the game just for that reason. Turn it on, play 2 or so games, have fun, turn it off.
    Well Blizzard loves more addictive games as we all know, so I don\'t get my hands on Starcraft. I like Zergs, but I\'ll see what races come with DOW II.

But tastes are different of course. And I also think that it could have been a better multiplayer interface. Chatting interface is a pain too. Hopefully they improve that for DOW II and not only focus on graphic stuff.

I was under the impression that relic had nothing to do with SS, it was created by another Company, Iron Lore, which went out of business like a day after SS came out.

Granted, relic should be providing support now that Iron Lore cant, but if that\'s right that they didn\'t make it, you can\'t blame them for the initial game being broken.

Originally posted by evil tendencies
    Man, no kidding. I bought the game on the strength of that trailer alone. I wish the tabletop game conveyed some of that action...
    Oh, but my army does. You see, I got this special little cupboard for my birthday a while back and before every game I place my army in there, turn the key and then take them out. They do all the moving for me! lol

Originally posted by Einion
    Originally posted by DaN
    Green-skinned filth?
    Einion
    Kind of reminds me of - \"scuse\' me while I kiss this guy.\"lol

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Mandalore
    I was under the impression that relic had nothing to do with SS, it was created by another Company, Iron Lore, which went out of business like a day after SS came out.

Granted, relic should be providing support now that Iron Lore cant, but if that\'s right that they didn\'t make it, you can\'t blame them for the initial game being broken.
    Relic were always going to patch the game even before Iron Lore went under (Which was a shame, they were very active on the forums and used the player base a lot to develop SS).

Relic simply care about money... they\'re a business in the end... but still, their support is v poor.

Well in the end every company just cares about money lol

But I don\'t think choosing Blizz instead of Relic will be a better choice. If you have an idealistic view on companies that care for customers, software companies are like searching holy light in hell... :twisted: