Hoo-freakin-ray.........common sense prevails
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hoo-freakin-ray.........common sense prevails

Default Hoo-freakin-ray.........common sense prevails

It\'s about stinkin\' time. How complicated is \"shall not be abridged?\"

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...s_D_C__gun_ban

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

the pole is hilarious. Check out the results from LA Times.

90%+ agree that the 2A is for private ownership of guns.

90%+ would not support tougher gun control laws.

DC\'s and Commiefornia\'s anti-gun laws have lead to criminals owning more guns than the law abiding and creating a target rich environment for the bad guys.

I\'ve lived in Kalifornia my whole life, and the gun laws here are just a joke. When I was a police cadet, I saw teenagers carrying guns that would have taken a law-abiding citizen months to get, if at all. And you know what they said to me when we took them away? \"I wouldn\'t take this to a liquor store. The guys there always have guns, and would blow me away.\"

How is it that teenagers understand the realities of gun possession, while lawmakers don\'t seem to get it?

Be warned, this is a controversial subject!!

BUT...I say Hooray too. Gun Control is a freaking joke. Stop punishing law abiding citizens by telling us what we can and cannot do, and then not stopping criminals who don\'t abide by the laws.

I\'m not one of the advocates that proudly proclaim that EVERY gun should be available. I don\'t see the sense in allowing fully automatic .50 cals.... Hell, I don\'t even OWN a gun. But, it is my right to do so if I should want.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Originally posted by supervike
    ... I don\'t see the sense in allowing fully automatic .50 cals....
    I\'d love an M-2, but I couldn\'t afford to feed it very often.
    ;)

Here guys check this out

http://www.military.com/forums/0,15240,169995,00.html?ESRC=dod.nl

good or bad thing/

Here her Vike. I don\'t want to own a gun.

Last October I was on a trip with my wife and some of her co-workers. I was the only American. They started going on about Americans and guns. I stated my feeling about gun control and they asked me,

\"Would you let your child play at someone\'s house who had a gun?\"

They all had traveled to America so I said,
    \"How do you know you haven\'t been to someone\'s house who has a gun?\"

They had no comment.:D

Be warned, this is a controversial subject!!

BUT...I say Hooray too. Gun Control is a freaking joke. Stop punishing law abiding citizens by telling us what we can and cannot do, and then not stopping criminals who don\'t abide by the laws.

I\'m not one of the advocates that proudly proclaim that EVERY gun should be available. I don\'t see the sense in allowing fully automatic .50 cals.... Hell, I don\'t even OWN a gun. But, it is my right to do so if I should want.

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    It\'s about stinkin\' time. How complicated is \"shall not be abridged?\"

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...s_D_C__gun_ban
    I was under the impression the US Constitution was seen as more of a suggestion than anything else, lately... I think habeus corpus protects the average person more than packus pistolus does, and they didn\'t waste time blowing holes in THAT.

The Bill of Rights is a simple of statement of fact. We HAVE - the government cant give or take away - these rights. They are simple fundamental rights. And self defense is one of them. Which BTW is derived from British Common Law. The Bill of Rights is, in a sense, an us against them document. We, the people, have these rights..........no questions asked. They, the government shall not cross that line. They are limited in their authority.

For some weird reason there seems to be an ever increasing hunger to relinquish this authority to the government.

As far as the Constitution being a mere suggestion, no. That seems to be a rather recent interpretation of it. It\'s not a \'living breathing document\'. It and the Bill of Rights are the bedrock which all our laws are built upon. It can be changed but it takes A LOT of work and consensus to do that. Nobody would like to play a game of cards with someone who plays by \'living breathing\' rules............ arbitrary, subject to whims of unchecked authority which was what the Constitution and Bill of Rights was trying to do away with, IMO.

All this said, to take into account the drastic shortcomings of \'e communication\', I want to make clear that I\'m not here red faced trying to put the smack down on you. Just a friendly exchange of ideas...........really- :)

I grew up in a gun house, and although they are not the most important issue in my life, I do keep hearing my father in the back of my head saying \"If you let them strip you of one amendment what\'s to stop them from coming back for the others?\"

Blog Entries

While the Second Amendment gives the right to keep and bear arms, there is a second amendment that is more frequently referenced by the courts when it comes to the right to own guns - the 14th.

Prohibition is pretty much universally recognized as not curtailing teh drinx so much as it allowed teh mobsterz to flourish. No wonder it was repealed. The 2nd amendment, well, I don\'t think bearing arms is a good idea but I can acknowledge that the issue is far from any consensus (even about what the good/bad effect of those weapons is) and all sides make potentially valid points.

Shawn, my comment about the Constitution being a \"suggestion\" was intended as pure sarcasm, as I seriously doubt it was intended by the FF as anything other than a rock solid foundation for citizens\' rights (as, indeed, Canada\'s own Constitution was). My point is that people seem to make more fuss about the right to bear arms than a lot of other rights which seem to have been eroded quite easily.

Blog Entries

The problem with gun control laws is they have the same effect as prohibition - the law abiding citizens have none, and the criminals have 40 mega watt plasma rifles.

Originally posted by steelcult
    The problem with gun control laws is they have the same effect as prohibition - the law abiding citizens have none, and the criminals have 40 mega watt plasma rifles.
    You promise me a 40 mega watt plasma rifle as a signing bonus and you\'ve got yourself a new criminal :-)

More common sense prevailing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080701/ap_on_re_us/burglary_shooting;_ylt=AkeMQwU7IRrvYsOZMhYCaJGs0NU E

If you are not allowed to protect your possessions and loved ones, then there would be no need for guns at all.

Thank goodness common sense prevailed and this guy is cleared of the charges.

More common sense prevailing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080701/ap_on_re_us/burglary_shooting;_ylt=AkeMQwU7IRrvYsOZMhYCaJGs0NU E

If you are not allowed to protect your possessions and loved ones, then there would be no need for guns at all.

Thank goodness common sense prevailed and this guy is cleared of the charges.
    Actually, I\'m not too fond of the ruling on Mr. Horn\'s case.
    1.) He shot guys who were robbing his neighbor\'s home. A neighbor he barely knew according to the articles that came out at the time.
    2.) In the 911 tape he repeatedly told the cop he was going to shoot the guys, making it premeditated. The cop told him to stay indoors that there were police on the way and Mr. Horn refused.
    3.) if you listen to the 911 tape there is a 6 to 7 second pause in between the second shot and the third shot, meaning either A.) The robber was running, which means he was no danger to Mr. Horn, or B.) It was a Coup de Grace shot. Murder either way.

\"Horn confronted the men with a 12-gauge shotgun and shot both in the back.\"

4.) He shot a 12 gauge shotgun in a tightly packed subdivision with little regard other than his targets.
    5.)I fear this will incite those gung ho neighbors into making bad decisions and shooting innocent people. My neighbors do not know who or who I have not authorized to be on my property.

While you will not hear me crying over two dead criminals, I do believe Mr. Horn overstepped the bounds, and this interpretation of the law sets a bad precedent.

Picks jaw up from the floor.

This thread is no fun, Evil Dave hasn\'t said anything I disagree with yet

My understanding of the case is that it recognises a 2nd amendment right making it unconstitutional to ban possession of handguns, but it leaves the door open for restrictions. Have I got it right?

Originally posted by paintingploddy
    My understanding of the case is that it recognises a 2nd amendment right making it unconstitutional to ban possession of handguns, but it leaves the door open for restrictions. Have I got it right?
    Precisely - and we\'re going to discover more about those restrictions when the NRA challenges in San Francisco and Chicago are decided.