Nanny state...........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nanny state...........

Default Nanny state...........

I just read this and had a serious FFS moment about my former home town.

Gateshead Council, reknown for wasting Taxpennies on \"Art\" and failing on other services is saving our health via reducing the number of salt shaker holes in chip shops.

Wow thanks, My father will be delighted to know where and what his pension is helping to fund.

Oh and before the debate on Salt and health starts, no I don\'t use Salt personally.

???

An exercise in pointlessness. People will just shake the bottle longer to get the same amount of salt they want.

Obviously the health risks of Salt in Newcastle is a priority over all the binge drinking and the effects of Newcastle Brown Ale, wife beater and alcho pops.

Or is it just a case of one of the councillers is on the board of a company that makes salt pots with only one hole in the top and fels out done by chip shops using multi hole salt shakers.

i think they should have always been like this - i hate having tons of salt coming out. but to actually have to do \'research\' on this is a load of bollocks. ffs.

Originally posted by Roger Bunting
    ???

An exercise in pointlessness. People will just shake the bottle longer to get the same amount of salt they want.
    It took me about two seconds to think the same thing. God, what a bunch of morons - people don\'t portion salt by time but by looking at how much salt they\'ve applied or, shocker this, tasting the food and deciding if they need to add more!

Einion

Hahaha!!
    this looks like those practice used by company/government where if they spend enough money this year, they will get more funding the next year. and I had heard many pointless, wasteful things being done just to get the next funding. :rolleyes:

Personally the only food I add salt to once it is cooke dis chips so limiting it would be pointless.

Why do these politicians seem to think they know what is good for us and have to tinker with what and how we eat and drink.

Not even water escapes the nanny state becasue they have insisted on adding fluride or whatever to it because they say the average person doesn\'t get enough...what about those of us who are not average and fall well to the sides of the government bell curves???

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Ok..............um...............yah.............. ...I\'m can\'t think of anything to say at all. I\'m just a bit stunned.???

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:rolleyes: could be worse, they could decide to cover \"all\" the holes..... it\'s for your own good :Plol

Originally posted by wiccanpony
    :rolleyes: could be worse, they could decide to cover \"all\" the holes..... it\'s for your own good :Plol
    Hey, you\'re back :bouncy:

I HATE smoking----------it REALLY stinks and it stinks up MY cloths. That said, I am REALLY bothered how the gov. keeps creeping further and further into OUR lives and REGULATING us. Now smoking is not only relegated to out doors but there are actually lines painted on the sidewalk in a 20ft. radius around doorways - you have to be beyond this line to smoke.:flame:

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    Originally posted by wiccanpony
    Hey, you\'re back :bouncy:
    :D mostly in spirit, the body is a war zone and looks like it will be for a loooooooong time.... taking one day at a time

Originally posted by Roger Bunting
    ???

Reminds me of people who by low-sodium salt... then put twice as much on! I have actually watched people do this.

Welcome back Wiccan! :D

But dont you know citizens? They bring in all these seemingly crazy laws to protect you because the Government loves you and wants to keep you safe.

Now pick up that can.

Somethings gotta kill ya !

GOD Bless ..............VINCENTI

nanny state? Is that really the issue.. I think it\'s more about someone having a head full of intestines.

Ever since they took away all the proper cooking oils for restaurants, you can no longer get a crisp French fry or pastry anymore.. Everything is all soggy with in minutes :mad:

Originally posted by Swordwind
    Now pick up that can.
    I knew that was a HL2 reference :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNd8iNx1gGk