My latest Pet Peeves... - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My latest Pet Peeves...

The word \"supposably.\"

Sure it\'s a real word, but it does not mean the same thing as \"supposedly.\" Learn the difference.

Originally posted by hakoMike
    The word \"supposably.\"

Sure it\'s a real word, but it does not mean the same thing as \"supposedly.\" Learn the difference.

lollollol One of the local supervisors does that all the time! Egads it makes me laugh.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:flame:another hate

I’m trying to open a bottle of aspirin with one of those child safety tops.....I may need Mikes “Hammer” soon, also the print on the side is so small, I had to put on my painting visor to read the F***ing thing.

Originally posted by mattsterbenz

People who tailgate me while driving. I will deliberately go slower, then slam on my breaks. If that\'s not enough to piss them off, I will speed up when they change lanes to pass me!

Funny, that\'s one of my pet peeves.
    I tailgate because there is always someone who thinks that the regular flow of traffic is too fast, and want to play safety patrol. The slam on the brakes and then speed up and not let pass leads to road rage. I\'m glad we don\'t share the highways lol

To roughly quote George Carlin - \"if someone is tailgating you, they are IDIOTS!!! If someone is in front of you, going too slow and you are tailgating them then they are MORONS!!\"

Originally posted by Theomar Pius

People who tailgate me while driving. I will deliberately go slower, then slam on my breaks. If that\'s not enough to piss them off, I will speed up when they change lanes to pass me!

Funny, that\'s one of my pet peeves.
    I tailgate because there is always someone who thinks that the regular flow of traffic is too fast, and want to play safety patrol. The slam on the brakes and then speed up and not let pass leads to road rage. I\'m glad we don\'t share the highways lol
    I always go the same speed or slightly faster than the regular flow of traffic (which most people here go about 10 mph over the speed limit). It\'s the people in a monster SUV, yakking on a cell phone, driving 30mph over the limit and weaving in and out of lanes that make me do that. :D

When I get behind people that are going 10mph under the speed limit, I still follow at a safe distance until I can pass them. I find it foolish to follow any closer, because it would be my ass on the line if they broke for a red light/pedestrian/animal, and I accidentally ran into them. Not to mention a ruined afternoon. :)

-Matt

It\'s not so much about the tailgating, it\'s the slow drivers that refuse to let faster traffic pass. It\'s all good though. I\'m pretty much done with driving, except for around town. Just too expensive now.:cry:

I dislike those slow drivers too. My grandma always took pride in her slow and cautious driving, claiming that the only time an officer ever spoke to her about her driving was when he yelled out of his window at her to go faster. lol

-Matt

I dislike those slow drivers too. My grandma always took pride in her slow and cautious driving, claiming that the only time an officer ever spoke to her about her driving was when he yelled out of his window at her to go faster. lol

-Matt
    lol

What a miserable bunch you all are.
    I never moan about anything!

:innocent:

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Originally posted by mud duck
    People that cross 3+lanes of traffic in 15 feet, all at high speed.
    We have those here - usually found near the theme parks. One driving, the other with a map unfolded across the dash. Suddenly they make a right hand exit from the middle lane of the highway.

We call them tourons (tourist + moron). And are very glad they leave their money then leave.

Parents who don\'t watch their kids in parking lots
    Kids wearing clothes 3 sizes too large.
    Gamers who can\'t find a bar of soap they like.
    Gamers who think it\'s a crime to wash their favorite black heavy metal t-shirt...ever.
    Politics. The type of person who really wants to be President...well...shouldn\'t be.
    Really bad local cable tv commercials for used car dealerships and crappy furniture stores.
    The empty coffee pot.
    Likewise the empty carton of milk/cream/juice returned to the fridge.
    The extra hot dogs which have no bun.
    Waitstaff that don\'t know the basics of serving a meal and looking after a patron.
    Entrees arriving moments after the appetizer ( \"starter\" )
    Being rushed as a paying customer...especially at an expensive restaurant.
    The days when nobody bothers you....until you sit down to your hobby.
    Absolutely anything having to do with the Dallas Cowboys.
    Professional athletes who look like extras from a prison movie.
    Chad Johnson ( Cincy Bengals - US Football )
    Amy Winehouse
    Paris Hilton
    George Hamilton
    Almost everyone in Hollywood under the age of 30...and those that stalk them.
    Jennifer Aniston. She\'s cute and all, but really.....
    The incredible lack of respect for \"Titanic\", \"The Last Samurai\" and Michael Clarke Duncan in \"The Green Mile\".
    The whole \"Pulp Fiction\" thing. Get over it.

and

Drinking and Driving. No Excuse. Really.

One of mine..and especially for today is...

People who post wanted lists on miniature sites wanting rare, hard to find or expensive items, yet have no money to pay what its worth or want to trade you the remaining plastic \"chum\" from a box set for it...

Originally posted by airhead
    Originally posted by mud duck
    People that cross 3+lanes of traffic in 15 feet, all at high speed.
    We have those here - usually found near the theme parks. One driving, the other with a map unfolded across the dash. Suddenly they make a right hand exit from the middle lane of the highway.

We call them tourons (tourist + moron). And are very glad they leave their money then leave.
    In an effort to combat this very peeve, Alaska has consciously remained free from theme parks. We also refuse to add more than two lanes to the road.

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    One of mine..and especially for today is...

People who post wanted lists on miniature sites wanting rare, hard to find or expensive items, yet have no money to pay what its worth or want to trade you the remaining plastic \"chum\" from a box set for it...

Come ON now! How was I to know that the Goblins from the LOTR box set weren\'t \"enough\" trade for your Ilyad mini collection?

Sheesh, some people...lol

:mad:Sorry, my actual pet peeve is work filters for the internet. I just found out that the Order of the Stick site has been blocked at work.

Bad enough ANYthing with \"game\" in it is blocked, but come ON!:cussing:

Minivan assembly plants that can\'t seem to figure out how to build out of one model year and start up the next one at all smoothly.

A customer who\'s left hand doesn\'t know that they even have a right hand, let alone know what that hand is doing and that it\'s holding a lit stick of dynamite.

Bosses who can\'t deal with customer issues properly and just tell you to \'wait and see\' and \'I\'ll get back to you when I know more\".

Can you tell I\'m having a wonderful day at work today?

Dude.
    I have no idea WHAT you do, but if it involves lit dynamite I ain\'t arguin\' :D

Originally posted by Gilvan Blight
    Bosses who can\'t deal with customer issues properly and just tell you to \'wait and see\' and \'I\'ll get back to you when I know more\".
    I know what you mean when you say that. However that sometimes has to be the answer if a \"problem\" has to be investigated. What does annoy me is that when a customer is in the wrong and is trying to blame the support people when a boss fails to back the support person.

People who move your desk and work area, when you are on a day\'s sick (genuine) and then when you can\'t find your Personal Effects, Laugh.
    That\'s gone forward as a formal complaint. Nothing will happen of course as the person involved is \"bullet proof\".