My how we\'ve moved on... Nintendo Wii ripping off Amiga

Thread: My how we\'ve moved on... Nintendo Wii ripping off Amiga

Default My how we\'ve moved on... Nintendo Wii ripping off Amiga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyboard

I thought the bloody wii board thing looked familiar!

And what game are they flogging with it? ohhh... look, it\'s a ski one... Just like the one that was for the real joyboard.

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html?SoftwareID=1157

It\'s so good that things have moved on!

Amiga = god / Nintendo = thief

If they rerelease Hired guns then I don\'t care. :D

That console (Wii) is one humungous wasted opportunity. There\'s 2 or 3 decent games worth playing and that\'s it! 2 of those were released when the console came out as well!

What\'s the point in cutting edge technology with no decent software to support it?

Isn\'t that kind of like claiming that the automobile stole the idea of using wheels from the chariot so we should all worship chariots? :P

Not to mention all those surfing/skateboarding/snowboarding games in the arcades, where you lean from side to side to turn. I don\'t consider Nintendo a thief. :)

I own a Wii. In fact, I stayed out in front of a store all night with a few friends to get one the day it was released. I\'ve barely played it. Not because I don\'t like it, but I just rarely play video games.

I played the new Zelda game, and it\'s great. I enjoyed Wii Sports and Super Smash Bros too. I don\'t consider myself very hardcore when it comes to gaming, so I haven\'t tried many games for it. What I have tried, I liked. The graphics don\'t bother me at all. If I want realistic graphics I\'ll watch a movie. I play the games to have fun. :D

There\'s my two cents. lol

-Matt

I was a \"drank the kool aid\" Amiga owner for years. I played, programmed and subtitled on my Amiga and was convinced that nothing could top it.

I bought a PC the first time I saw Doom.

Amiga was chicken fried awesome. Was. Now I emulate it to relive those days. Those days gone by....

Originally posted by dougaderly
    Isn\'t that kind of like claiming that the automobile stole the idea of using wheels from the chariot so we should all worship chariots? :P
    Only if the maker of automobiles tries to tell us this great new thing is their idea and it\'s modern and hip and cool and they are cool and modern and hip.

It\'s not about copying ideas, it\'s about tipping your cap to those who gave you those ideas.

I had a Wii and played it a few times but got bored... the games were ok but nothing special - physical involvement (me swinging my arms about) wasn\'t enough to make some really average games good.

Well for me anyway.

Its a games console, and I should care Why??

Having said that my wife went and bought one. I haven\'t touched it and have no intent of ever doing so.
    I have far better things to do with my time...painting, reading, working (says he taking an extra 10 minutes at lunch). :rolleyes:

I was always under the impression that the wii was only developed so that they could release all the un-released gamecube titles.

The only thing that gets me is all the ways they rhyme with \"Wii.\" I put my foot down and \"Say No to Mii\'s!\"

I won\'t freak out until they come out with a game that requires me to play using a wiinis. That\'s when I call it quits.

And to be a brat, technically the atari pad used joystick manipulation to move things on the screen, the wii uses pressure sensors. The only similarity is that you stand on both. :-P

Although for raving rabbids you sit on it and control it with your butt.

Originally posted by dougaderly
    I won\'t freak out until they come out with a game that requires me to play using a wiinis. That\'s when I call it quits.
    You mean THIS?

lol

-Matt