Gameboing.com requesting beta testers and mods
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameboing.com requesting beta testers and mods

Default Gameboing.com requesting beta testers and mods

Gameboing is a casual games site that a buddy of mine has set up and now needs beta testers and moderators for the forums (and game reviews).

Basically, it runs a console emulator in a window so you can play console games from a browsable library. Another cool feature is that you can upload your saves and resume a game at any point, from any browser. So far, only Genesis titles are online.

If you\'ve got a game in mind you haven\'t played in a while, give it a whirl and leave some feedback in the forums.

*Only works on PCs!

This is my favourite since I remember playing it as a kid: The Immortal

Let me know when it goes Mac, and i\'ll give it a go :)

Shaz

Just like to drop in and say thanks to CA for the plug. If anyone is abouts really loves the emulation scene for old consoles/arcade games do drop by :D.

Fizl, we\'re working on Mac support, I\'ll keep you posted.

Oops forgot to add, the forums probably don\'t need a moderator right now since they\'re \"virgin\", but I would appreciate if more folks could take their favourite games for a spin and let me know if you spot any bugs. Good for playing RPGs and the like since you can save your games on to the server! (Phantasy Star IV during office hours anyone? :twisted:)

Richard

sg2009

iv been on it a couple of times, good site i like the amount of games available to play.

Will there eventually be AMIGA stuff?

Been having a blast on there the last couple of days. You have Gods my all time favourite game. I had forgotten how much fun it is.

I\'d love to play, but I seem to have gone techno dumb. The games load but none of them will respond to my keyboard or gamepad.

I can\'t seem to get it to work. I needed to manually install a plugin for firefox but that keep failing.

I needed to install a plugin for Firefox too, at first I didn\'t think it had worked but when I looked on my desktop there was a link for the setup wizard for that plug in. As for the games you need to click on the box containing the game and then use the keypad. I haven\'t got a joypad for the pc and I am not sure if it would work if I did.

Yeah, I had the setup wizard. It failed to install correctlty.

Oooo! Lemmings! I traded mine away years ago. It was supposed to be
    short-term, but the guy disappeared.

Left me stuck with crappy Manhunter.

Roger, thanks for trying it out, quick debug question, are you running Vista? Also, can you get it to work in IE?

DaN, I\'d have to study it to see I can get it running but it\'s not beyond the realm of possibility. The next priority is SNES games though, since there seems to be lots of folks that want that.

darthfoley, what tidoco2222 said, just click on the box when the game\'s loaded and you should be good to go.

Thanks for your comments everyone, and keep em coming. Besides games, a website feature I\'m working on is a comments system and maybe a favorites list (sorry CA, gonna steal your idea) so you can \"build your own\" library of faves.

Yes, I am running Vista home premium. I\'ve not tried it on IE, just firefox so far. I\'ll give it a go.

EDIT: Just tried it with IE and no problem installing the loader. I am just about to play Streets of Rage 3. :D

I just tried PacMan Adventures, hilarious :)

Short little adventure, but it\'s fun! Managing his moods is damn funny.

http://www.gameboing.com/game.php?id=2603

I really wish a mouse would work for Lemmings. Using the game pad just
    isn\'t fast enough to zip down, click on the option, and get back to the little suicidal
    vermin fast enough to save them, sometimes. But, I\'m having fun, anyway.

I was under the impression that software emulation, especially of titles that are current (some of these you can get via download for Wii) was illegal. It kind of suprises me that a site like this can exist.

Is anyone else getting \"Application Launch failed with error 5: Access is Denied\" on every game?

/pout ... I was having fun.

Hey Mike,
    Sounds like something\'s up with Windows Defender in Vista being too picky about letting the app run. I\'m on Vista myself, just checked it with AVG antivirus and Windows Defender running and no issues. Did you recently increase security? Trying a clean boot might help.

Originally posted by gameboing
    Hey Mike,
    Sounds like something\'s up with Windows Defender in Vista being too picky about letting the app run. I\'m on Vista myself, just checked it with AVG antivirus and Windows Defender running and no issues. Did you recently increase security? Trying a clean boot might help.
    It was in XP on my home machine, but it seems to be working fine in XP from my work machine. I guess I\'ll just have to use this as an excuse to play from work. lol

Just dropping a note to let everyone know that SNES games are now online! lol