Inquisition WIP (formerly vostroyan sniper)

Thread: Inquisition WIP (formerly vostroyan sniper)

Default Inquisition WIP (formerly vostroyan sniper)

Hey guys! Been a while since I posted. Various things have been keeping me away but I\'ve been busy so I hope I can get some more stuff posted in the next little while. Anyways I seem to have hit a major snag with a current project. Vostroyan sniper for my inquisition army, I\'ll use him as a vindicare assassin. I can\'t decide on a colour for the main coat. The storm troopers wear red, so that would tie in but I think thats too bright for a sniper. The cloak is already the same colour as the base, so I don\'t want to do that again. I could do a darker grey, a grey brown, or black. The rest of the model is more or less done.
    Here he is:

Hopefully you guys have some solid ideas to help me out. Thanks for looking.

Ok. Well. I didn\'t want to wait any longer so i\'ve gone with a darker grey brown for the coat. Pictures aren\'t the greatest... Still trying to get a decent camera set up, my old set up doesn\'t seem to want to work anymore :(. Still two more highlights left to do, but hopefully that kinda gives a good idea of where I\'m going...

Now after I finish him off I\'ll be moving on to this little fellow, and a mystic as well. I\'m not sure I like the base and his position on it... Any suggestions? I may do a bit of free hand on the base to spice it up, maybe an aquilla or maybe just some sort of puddle... who knows.

Alrighty. Comments, suggestions, all that good stuff completely welcome. Hopefully in a bit I\'ll be able to post more of my inquisition forces.

Can\'t really make out much in the second set of pictures unfortunatley as it looks rather decent painting.
    Although the walls looks as though they could use a very soft wash to dirty them down a bit.

However pet peeve of mine, a sniper would never be a dumb as to stand on the top of a outcropping or ruin like that.
    Turns him from Sniper to Target to Casualty.

I\'ve given the walls another wash, and will probably do one more before I call them done. I don\'t know why my camera is being so problematic lately... I\'ll try to get some better pictures once I finish. As for the basing I see what you\'re saying and to be honest it didn\'t really occur to me lol... I suppose I could have put him behind a wall or something, but I really wanted to raise him up off the ground, and make him stand out from the rest of the core troops. I don\'t think I\'ll change it, but I don\'t think I\'ll do it again in the future.

Does anyone know good GW models to use as mystics? I have this one:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/152766

and the only other I can think of using would be this guy here... but I\'m not really sure.
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/185209
    He looks to be a bit larger than the other.

Imperial Wizard box (WFB) and some techie bitz? two for the price of one

Not to nitpick, cos he looks quite good, but he\'s a rubbish sniper :P He\'d be dead in seconds :) lol

I second DR\'s comment on the way - far too clean.

Drybrush some browns on the bottom outside, and then maybe a few streaks of dirty coloured (Anything really) wash

I like the model, painting and colours are nice. Although what the others have said about him being stood on what he is true, use some imagination guys and think that really he is hid amidst ruins, it would kinda go from being a model on normal base to mini diorama.

Still nice work, would look cool if you made a extra to his base that shows him in camouflaged in more ruins.

Originally posted by emopainterguy

Does anyone know good GW models to use as mystics? I have this one:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/152766
    What are you meaning by Mystic?
    Psyker, Chaos Psyker, Something out of the Inquisition?

Sorry DR, guess I could have specified what I meant. I want a second mystic to include in my inquisitors retinue in high point games. Essentially any imperial psyker would work, but I want it to kinda fit the feel of the inquisition.

Ok. I think I\'m finished with the sniper. I may go back and play with the metallics a bit, but for right now I think he\'s more or less done. Still having trouble with the pics, but these are better than last time i think.

I think I solved my mystic problem, I\'m gonna pick up this sage:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/111240
    and replace his quill with a staff, and his note pad with a book or some sort of psychic amplifier.

As always comments, criticisms, and ideas welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Where the hell are you on msn?! lol

Sorry Ian, my msn has been causing problems so i haven\'t been on it lately. I\'ve got a bunch of things screwing up my computers internet right now, browsing is fine but anything else really screws it up. Hopefully I\'ll have it sorted out soonish lol...

Ok so here\'s some more stuff i\'ve been working on now that the sniper is \"finished\".

Rhino for a Stormtrooper squad:

Mystic and Sage for Inquisitor:

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. Camera was not doing me any favors with pictures the last week or two. Managed to get this one that I\'m actually pleased with, without actually trying to get a good pic... funny that. Anyways. These guys are all part of my inquisitor lords retinue. From left to right we have a sage, acolyte, mystic, and combat servitor.

The sage is pretty much done for now, Maybe a few touch ups on the scroll, but other than that he\'s finished. The mystic is also more or less done, just need to finish his base, and touch up the black and paint the rope. The other two both have a lot of black work to do, which I am starting to hate. The servitor is essentially painted like all the storm troopers will be, with the exception that their helmets will be red.

I\'m not sure the far right guy would be classed as a servitor, but ok :P

I like em - however The stark highlighting on the black looks a bit thick.

Also, for the rhino (Which looks great) I\'d go over the =I= on the front panel.

Great job on the sniper :)

Thanks for the comment DaN. The stark highlighting on the black isn\'t finished. I will finish the last highlight and go back with a bit of black and make sure the highlights are not too wide (unless by thick you mean the paint is thick, then not much I can do there, but it\'s been watered down quite a bit). The rhino isn\'t really being worked on right now, too much effort lol. The =I= on the front panel is just basecoated, thats all, so it\'ll get cleaned up too... I may actually get some brass etched stuff and use that instead.

And as for the guy on the right being a servitor I know what you mean. He\'s a \'warrior\' choice for henchmen, who are described as anything from veteran guardsmen to servitors. So he\'s a combat servitor in that he\'s got a power fist and close combat weapon. I think he\'ll fit in pretty good, and the \"gun servitors\" are guardsman toting heavy bolters.

Hopefully I\'ll have these four done by the end of the long weekend. After which I have to paint 10 corsairs and a gobbo before I can get back to this stuff.

And just to make this post a little more worth while here\'s a sneak peak at my Inquisitor Lord and gun servitors:

I have a daemonhunters army so this is peaking my interest. I like what you\'ve done so far. I had a go at converting the bolt pistol into a sort of psycannon on my inquisitor (it\'s one of the standard models, the one with the book), but I think I\'ll try and do something different at some point. I\'ve also made the odd changes in the retinue and now my acolytes are toting bolters but I need to find the right models that I can convert. Any ideas?