Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say Cthulu anyone?

Default Say Cthulu anyone?

GW Figure

Theres also a couple of nice Sartosa Figures
    Here
    and
    Here

Cool! We got to see the green of that Dark Elf guy at GD Winners\' Day last year, I was wondering when he was going to come out. That vampire is awesome.

Blog Entries

I dont know - I\'ve seen better mind flayers.

Doesn\'t they GW legal team get all up in arms when someone \'uses\' their imagery?

Do as i SAY not as I do!lol

matbe gw figures they can get away with it since it\'s just a \"helmet\"...

love the pirate, but i\'m still not sold on the vampire...the paintjob does wonders over the horrible look of the cast as seen in the resin examples...the collar killed it for me on the green, but i like the online example...

cheers
    jah

Hmm, I must say, it\'s not really infringing on any lovecraftian IP. It\'s just a squid shaped helmet, not a mountainous demigod with a tentacly face. Also, and I do so hate to be pendantic, it\'s Chtulhu ;)

Squig

Kinda cool figures, at least better then alot of stuff GW has been putting out lately.

I gotta agree with Dragonsreach here. What exactly do
    squids/octopi have to do with Dark Elves ?????
    .....and, actually its \"Cthulhu\".

Originally posted by squig hunter
    Also, and I do so hate to be pendantic, it\'s Chtulhu ;)

Squig
    Egads, I think you\'ve lost a sanity point.

Originally posted by supervike
    Also, and I do so hate to be pendantic, it\'s Chtulhu ;)

Squig
    Egads, I think you\'ve lost a sanity point.
    Wafflecat, I was never sane to begin with dear old chap, oh, more rhubarb vicar?

You can see much better pictures here

The direct link took me there when I choosed \"US\" as country. Not sure where you go if you pick anything else. They have started giving away close-ups which is really nice! :) Check out that it\'s NMM on the dark elf with the kthulu head... ;) And the Vampire.. the map, cool huh? painted by our own Joe aka Brokenblade.

Hmm, I must say, it\'s not really infringing on any lovecraftian IP.
    Not possible, it\'s pretty much been free for anyone to use for ages. HPL was big on that stuff.

I know, but the names are still copyrighted or something, you couldn\'t actually market a mini as \"Chtulhu\" without a license, but you could market a lovecraftian horror type thing under another name.

Squig

I got the pirate captain at Games Day Canada for a conversion... ;)

I like the sculpts, the Felheart one being particularly good in my book. I get the feeling, however, that a lot of the \"flash\" of these models is coming from the particularly fancy paint job (A map painted on the inside of the vampire\'s cape?), and not from the model itself.

Hrmm...I must be a bit out of the loop (having been cut off from my Warhamms for a while), but what exactly are the sartosa figures for?

they are part of the dark elf line.

Is it just me or is the whole line of dark elf figures looking better then alot of the figures that GW have brought out recently?

James

The Sartosan Pirates aren\'t anything to do with the Dark Elf line they just released them \"because they can\". There are two zombie pirates and the vampire in the direct only collectors range.

And it\'s Cthulhu isn\'t it?

Originally posted by Undave

And it\'s Cthulhu isn\'t it?
    Yes, it truly is!!

While we\'re on the subject...

There was a film mentioned a little while back called \"Cthulhu\" I just went to see if it had been released yet so I could add it to my rental queue and this was the synopsis:

Brief synopsis of Cthulhu

Russell Marsh, a young, gay Seattle history professor, receives a call from his sister that their mother has died; he must return home to settle the estate. Reacquainted with his boyhood chum Mike, and with his father, the charismatic leader of a New Age cult, Russ explores a creepy warehouse where hundreds of names are listed on the walls. Dreaming of a stone cudgel, he awakens to find it in his motel room. The town drunk warns it is an instrument of sacrifice. A young liquor store clerk enlists his help to find her brother, who she believes has been taken by the cult. Russ\' Aunt, who\'s been locked up in an insane asylum, says that his mother left him a vital message, which is hidden in his mother\'s house and in the warehouse. Russ embarks on a journey through the small town\'s ancient, subterranean origins. They find the girl\'s brother murdered, and Russ begins to believe preparations are underway for a mass sacrifice. He engages the attentions of sexy seductress Susan in order to gain information about the cult. On the eve of the May Festival, Susan rapes him and he is arrested for murder. Mixing horror, humor and bitter political commentary, \"Cthulhu\" offers a startling vision of the future of mankind.

Has this film got anything at all to do with the squidhead mythos? I know it says it\'s got sacrifices etc. in it but the fact that it was filed under the gay/lesbian section rather than the horror has me wondering.

That and I defy anyone with a San of 2 or more to describe Tori Spelling as a \"sexy seductress\"
    :possessed:

I\'m trying, I really am, but I just can\'t quite make the connection between Tori Spelling and sexy seductress.