cool, CHEAP, kits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cool, CHEAP, kits

Default cool, CHEAP, kits

came across them at hobbycraft today. had £1 off them so they were only £3.99

easy to assemble, pretty good detail and could paint up nice. loads of cheap bits too if you want to convert stuff!

heres the 2 i bought:

heres the page info:

revell easykit star wars
    just thought i\'d share

at the hobbycraft near me theyre only about £2 each :D

Nice Tim!

I\'m always on the lookout for Space Craft models that can be converted to something more savoury than Star Warts...

How big are they? Scale wise, I mean?

the scales vary quite a lot. the crew on the 2nd one only are waist height on pilot in the 1st. they pop shut and dont need glue (although aftera test run i am using it anyway)

tidying them up is easy too as the mould lines are small and/or well hidden.

if gw brought out stuff this quality at this price (or even slightly higher) i\'d buy tons!!

can\'t wait to paint these up and try some weathering techniques on them

these are snap and fit arn\'t they?

yeah they snap together and hold very tight too. i am still adding some glue after a dry run though

Nice model kits, wish i could find those cheap in the states.

A while back I picked up a couple of the old Revell kits from the 80\'s, those have been the only ones I could find here.

Those kits do look really nice. Now I want them! Especially after looking at that link from Talonicus. :)

-Matt

Yeh that link is nice, even with translater its hard to figure some stuff out :(

I only looked at the pictures lol

The only language I can vaguely understand is German, and not very well. :D Bless those translators.

Blog Entries

I picked up a few of these for my kids back in Japan while I was visiting the UK. Hobbycraft is pretty damn nice too! :D

They had them in my local hobby shop for £1.99 each but they seem to have been put back up to a fiver. Still there are some nice kits, I might pick myself up a snowspeeder when they come back in.

You can order them online here

Hobbycraft is fantastic..... if you like beads! Every time I go in there I come out feeling disappointed :(

Originally posted by Undave
    They had them in my local hobby shop for £1.99 each but they seem to have been put back up to a fiver. Still there are some nice kits, I might pick myself up a snowspeeder when they come back in.

You can order them online here

Hobbycraft is fantastic..... if you like beads! Every time I go in there I come out feeling disappointed :(
    cool beans!
    acyually i find our hobbycraft pretty good. it\'s only 10mins drive away and is pretty big, 2 floors. downstairs has some cool tools, paints and brushes. upstairs has a hobby section (with gw, revell, tamiya and airfix stuff), siligum and resin plaster for casting and some 5 for £5 photo frames that make good display bases for units

some nice stuff their, am tempted to buy a few just to practice weathering on vehicles:D

I will have to make time to pop along to my local Hobbycraft.. although not into the models I can see the great advantage for practicing weathering techniques without spending loads of time building the model.
    cool Thread, many thanks:)

here one i have done. leant my camera to a friend so no decent pix sorry

anyone got any ideas how to base/display this? i could always drill a hole in the bottom and stick it on a wire... any other ideas?

Originally posted by freakinacage
    anyone got any ideas how to base/display this? Yes

well i gave into temptation and went out and bought two, nicely detailed kits but i wouldnt recommend them to anyway unless ur planning to paint them urself... the paint jobs are awful.
    goin to gap fill and do some sanding and undercoat them 2morro!

commissar for scale

I bought a pair of the AMT glue versions of the Eta class Jedi Starfighter, but one of them shipped without canopy glass:evil: