Wheres the freaking WOOD ELVES! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheres the freaking WOOD ELVES!

At the seminars at LA Gamesday, the statement was that the Wood Elves would be out Late 2005/Early 2006. As Chaos Dwarfs go, they said that there are no current plans to do an entire army, but the Hellcannon was a good way to sneak some in. It takes almost two years from start of a project to release, so if they do Chaos Dwarfs, it will be over two years from now.

The bad news....

My man on the inside says the release has been pushed back yet again to Xmas 2005... :mad:

Default good more time....

Well, as much as I\'d like to see the WOOD ELVES, this gives me time to finish the ones I still don\'t have painted from the last editions!!lol

Originally posted by supervike
    Well, as much as I\'d like to see the WOOD ELVES, this gives me time to finish the ones I still don\'t have painted from the last editions!!lol
    Don\'t bother. Unless they are waywatchers they are atrocious figures and should be melted down to make more Rackham minis:flip::bouncy:

Just spoted some news on the wood elf on a french forum, and since the news were from an english forum you get the new in english ( am I making sense ???)

so for Wood Elves: Concept and early design phase at this point. THe range will be redone making the woodelves a lot wilder (and somewhat creepy ) The Dryads will no longer be trees, but return to more traditional dryads, i.e. wood nymphs (creepy chicks). There will be new troop types including Elk (stag) riders and a sort of swarm/fairy type troop made up of pissed off fuzzy woodland critters. There will be a new metal treeman and best of all, possibly the most joyous news to come out of GW in decades is that there will be a new elven steed! In general the WE will not be HE without armor, instead will have a unique, feral feel to them. The concept art and the test greens that I saw were really great.

Enjoy :D

Default hey now...

Originally posted by Taer
    Originally posted by supervike
    Don\'t bother. Unless they are waywatchers they are atrocious figures
    and should be melted down to make more Rackham minis:flip::bouncy:
    Now I disagree, the \"scouts\" a very cool, as are a few of the Treemen. Orion is neat, but yeah, i understand, there are a few that are better left....forgotten...

Default THANK YOU!

Originally posted by frenchkid
    Just spoted some news on the wood elf on a french forum, and since the news were from an english forum you get the new in english ( am I making sense ???)

so for Wood Elves: Concept and early design phase at this point. THe range will be redone making the woodelves a lot wilder (and somewhat creepy ) The Dryads will no longer be trees, but return to more traditional dryads, i.e. wood nymphs (creepy chicks). There will be new troop types including Elk (stag) riders and a sort of swarm/fairy type troop made up of pissed off fuzzy woodland critters. There will be a new metal treeman and best of all, possibly the most joyous news to come out of GW in decades is that there will be a new elven steed! In general the WE will not be HE without armor, instead will have a unique, feral feel to them. The concept art and the test greens that I saw were really great.

Enjoy :D

This is indeed great news. I like and collect alot of different armies, but nearest and dearest to my heart ar the treehuggers.

I love the idea of StagRiders, and an overall more feral feel to them. I hope they don\'t lose all of there \"elfishness\" though. I don\'t just want to see \"wilder elves\".

Still, I am very excited.

Well I like the idea of seeing them a bit more creepy. And the dryade becoming closer to the way I imagine a dryade would look like is definetly good news :D Must hurry and finnish all my projects so that I can start on a wood elf army once it\'s out :D

Default warcraftian....

Yeah, I think if the new Wood Elves could take on the influence from Warcraft 3\'s Night Elves.....Very cool imagery there.

Vendui\'

Great... it is filling me that i should start making my new driads and wardancer by conversions between Demonetes and Wardancers... yeah :D
    Btw. I\' ve got question...
    What is the best for making chaos eagles.
    I mean that i would like to make mutated eagles.
    Any sugestions ?

well I guess you\'d have to strat with a WE eagle, and the you could convert it using the mutation sprue. eplacing one or both wings with a more bat like wing would be cool too.

And where can I get mutation sprue ??
    Or better... buy Fell Bats and take from them wings... is it a good idea...
    Propably the best would be taking wings from deamon ( but i haven\'t got enought money :( ).