Imperial Fist Veteran

Thread: Imperial Fist Veteran

ScottH

Default Imperial Fist Veteran

Hi all,

I\'ve been putting models up for a while now, and trying to improve my skills with each job. But, I really wanted to push myself on recently, and with the new GW washes, it has given me new control on shade and such.

This model was fairly heavily converted and also a 1st attempt at battle damage and OSL.

I would really appreciate your opinions - oh, and please vote too!

Cheers :beer:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/195835

PS I don\'t have photoshop and only use one lamp currently with a daylight bulb and diffuser over it currently

very very nice indeed!
    I really like the yellow, what colours did you use for this? Additionally how did you convert the model as it is an unusual and eyecatching conversion. Well done a 9 from me.

sg2009

that is awsome nice work !!

Superior. I give it a big, solid 10. Supreme color, sweet miniature.
    Ultra Cool.

I love everything about this mini! You have done a real nice job of converting this guy and the armour and NMM is superb! Great work mate! :)

For some reason I keep thinking that\'s a pokemon ball on his belt. lol

Great paintjob. Voted :)

-Matt

ScottH

Originally posted by Thecadian
    very very nice indeed!
    I really like the yellow, what colours did you use for this? Additionally how did you convert the model as it is an unusual and eyecatching conversion. Well done a 9 from me.
    Thanks Thecadian, and thanks to everyone who has commented and voted.

The yellow colour scheme is all GW colours - tausept ochre, iyanden darksun, badmoon yellow and bleached bone. The shading was done largely with the new gryphonne sepia wash and a touch of devlan mud to the shins and bottom of the tabard

As for the \"how\" did I convert the model, I did a \"work in progress\" step by step at the great crusade - Pictorial description - LINK

Essentially I cut the grooves into the legs and GSed the plates to the front. I used the marine torso with just the skull on and removed that along with the cabling, then Gsed that too, other than that, it\'s just standard parts.
    Oh, and I stretched the stance a touch and pinned it in place like that.

Nice work, and thanks for the link to the step-by-step thing. It\'s always fun to see how people have done things. :)

nice work. thanks for the step-by-step!

donga666

Good work!

(just re-itterating what everyone else has said!)