Another potential movie fiasco...

Thread: Another potential movie fiasco...

Default Another potential movie fiasco...

Anyone familiar with the Elfquest series by Wendy and Richard Pini may be interested in this:

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/07/09/elfquest-movie-moves-ahead/

Crossing my fingers that they don\'t completely butcher it...

Wow this is back again. They had almost finished an animated one not that long ago just to have it cancelled at the last minute. I actually expected this to be an old article talking about that. My wife will be rather happy about this.

I\'ll cross my fingers.
    And my toes.
    And tie a knot in my...

Thought the same thing Gavin did about this being about the old movie attempt. Poor elfquest has been in limbo for close to 20 years now, some having almost been completed before scrapped. The last attempt even had promo posters that were sent out just before it was shelved. I want to get excited but i can\'t, having seen the Elfquest movie almost happen too many times before.

guess I\'ve been living in a box; never heard of any of the previous attempts. Since comic books are all the rage now in Hollywood maybe it stands a better chance. Hoping for animated, of course. And that it\'s cool and not sucktacular. ;)

They actually did pull off one VHS \"animated\" movie. I was all stoked to get it. I think I was in high school at the time. Anyway, when it finally came in I popped it in and was fairly disappointed to find that it was just stills from the comics with the occasional cut out moving stiffly into the frame.

I think I still might have that thing hiding somewhere.

Anyway. I really hope they do this well. I\'m not going to bet on that, but it would be a seriously fun story to see on the big screen.

imdb.com lists it as a 2011 release.
    I don\'t have the \'plus\' version, so can\'t get any more than that from it.

Originally posted by arogers907
    They actually did pull off one VHS \"animated\" movie. I was all stoked to get it. I think I was in high school at the time. Anyway, when it finally came in I popped it in and was fairly disappointed to find that it was just stills from the comics with the occasional cut out moving stiffly into the frame.

I think I still might have that thing hiding somewhere.

Anyway. I really hope they do this well. I\'m not going to bet on that, but it would be a seriously fun story to see on the big screen.
    I have that on DVD. They actually used to sell it on Elfquest.com. It truely is horrible. I bought a signed copy for my Wife thinking it was a big deal and I think she was even more disapointed then I was. It was less animated then the original Spiderman Cartoons.

Speaking of Elfquest.com, they have a Cafepress shop on there filled with cool stuff like T-shirts, mugs etc. It\'s going away due to new licencing rights for this new movie, so if you want some swag, nows the time to buy it.