The Dark Knight
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

Fur Ball

Default The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight is incredible. Visually stunning. It’s Heath Ledger’s movie. It is so good that we saw it last night for free and are waiting so we can go see it in IMAX. FANTASTIC! :cool::beer:

ack git - stop rubbing it in. i have to wait til the 24th at least till i can see it!! cant wait though

Going to the midnight showing tonight. I can hardly wait. I\'m probably going to see it in IMAX tomorrow too. :D

-Matt

Well, I have to say I loved it. I wish there was a bit more closure on certain parts, but all in all it was pretty impressive. Well worth the $10 ticket and $6.75 popcorn.

-Matt

I must say that i cant wait to go see it! I saw the trailer last time i went to the cinema and it looked really gritty and dark, just like batman should. Also, just from the trailer i am much anticipating Heath Ledgers performance as the Joker (my fav character from the comix).

Alex

I\'ll hold my opinion until i actually see the flick. After all i really didn\'t care to much for that new batman begins flick. So far from what i\'ve seen Ledger\'s joker is the only thing making me even interested in seeing the movie.

Don\'t go to the flicks much these days as the cost\'s too prohibitive with my whole tribe in tow. I normally end up buying the dvds anyway and watching them on my cinema set-up, so I only end up paying twice - HOWEVER, some films you can\'t beat the cinema experience for and this could be one of them.
    Christian Bale, for me, is the best actor of his generation and has been the best Batman thus far, so I could be swayed...

best. movie. ever. loved it, every bit (\'cept maybe for the new casting of rachel). heath was hypnotizing -he would say the most sadistic things and the audience would laugh. really cant say enough good things about it. dark, brooding and thouroughly entertaining, lots of nuances and subleties. loved it. ill wait to gush until more have seen it.

It was very good. Watched it on the Imax, too. Well worth the price of admission. The missus loved it so much, she made me go see it a second time the very next day ...

Didn\'t think they did enough with two face. I\'m not going to ruin it by saying what happens but if you saw it you probably know what I mean. Other than that; AMAZING!
    I loved the \"magic trick\" with the pencil!lol

Blog Entries

I too rather enjoyed this movie. It is much darker than any other Batman. Parents should not take their kids to this movie thinking it is a nice family movie. Even the previews for other movies could be too much for some kids. This is not like the cartoons on tv. On the other hand, it is also probably the best Batman ever. Heath Ledger was astounding as the Joker. Two-Face was an interesting twist. All around cinema goodness.

I agree on the pencil \"magic trick\". That really had me laughing. I also liked the Joker\'s quote \"That\'s what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.\"

I hope there\'s a third movie. With how well Dark Knight is doing in theaters I\'m sure another installment would be justified.

The end left me hanging. I hope they find a way to do some more with Two Face.

Or... they need to find a new actor to play Penguin! I\'d love to see him or Freeze appear in the next one too, especially with how dark and gritty these new films are.

And let\'s not even think about mentioning the Riddler or Ivy. Those don\'t belong here. At all. lol

-Matt

I read somewhere that there\'s already another Batman sequel being planned. The director said something to the effect that he was going to try and avoid putting in villains that have already appeared - so no more Poison Ivy, Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman.

Here\'s hoping he\'ll go for some wierd, obscure villain ... maybe Deadshot or some other wierdo.

Originally posted by gohkm
    Here\'s hoping he\'ll go for some wierd, obscure villain ... maybe Deadshot or some other wierdo.
    I vote for Lady Shiva.

And I think I know the actress to play her = Aishwarya Rai

Edit: (Grrrr! don\'t you hate it when you hit the wrong button.)
    I\'ve seen her do a \"Action-esque\" role in \"the Lost Legion\" so she could easily train up for the role.

Planning to see the flick this weekened so hoping for good things. On the other hand i tried watching the Batman Begins last night and just couldn\'t do it. I had forgotten the volume issue where either i\'m straining to hear what\'s said or bleeding from the ears when any action happens. I really hope they don\'t have the same problem with the new flick.

I don\'t know the character you\'re talking about, DR, but Aishwarya Rai is most appealing.

This movie was one of the best movies Ive ever seen... Heath\'s performance was incredible... the whole cast did extremely well with their parts and the plot was engaging... what I liked the most was it was a comic book movie but it didn\'t feel like it... felt more like \"Heat\" or something...
    funnymouth, I heard that too, the joker would do something disturbing and people would laugh, I just found it disturbing cause I was like \"uhhh should I laugh or cringe?\"

Conflict, social order, trust, TRUE suspense, character relationships and mindsets... oh... and ACTION! It was a drama, dark comedy, action film and a tragedy all rolled into one perfect package. I don\'t think it would\'ve worked without the casting choices either, and everyone knows what I mean here (assuming you\'ve seen the movie).

Saw it today.
    Well worth the effort and wait.
    Heath Ledger completely believable, mannerisms and quirks scarily spot on.

One thing that no one has mentioned is the complete accuracy of portrayal that Gary Oldman gives to Jim Gordon, one of the most enduring characters.

Yeah I had a great time watching it myself. There was definitely a level of depth to the joker that I enjoyed.